Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jon Says if You Hate the Album(2020), You Are Not a Fan Anyway (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70772)

sweetmisery 10-09-2020 12:52 AM

Jon Says if You Hate the Album(2020), You Are Not a Fan Anyway

Still, he's prepared for any criticism that might follow, calling it "inevitable. What can I do? Edit myself so that I'm out there just to be shilling a song? If I’m doing that at this point in my career, who am I? It was far more important to me to make a record that had something to say than it was for me to try to rewrite 'Bad Name' 36 years later. I would have no interest in writing that song now. But God knows we wanted to write it then."

In the end, he feels like Bon Jovi's die-hard fans are ready to share this latest journey. As for the rest? "If you're going to be that cruel to say, 'I'm going to go burn their records because he opined,'" he said, "then you never liked us anyhow."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-...020-criticism/

--------------------

So I guess some of you are not real fans. lol

Captain_jovi 10-09-2020 12:54 AM

I'm not taking this as being about the fanbase but I pretty much agree with his point, anyone else?

Thinny 10-09-2020 01:01 AM

Yeah, I agree with him. If you're going to burn all the records because Jon made an album you don't like and has opinions that you don't agree with then...

rolo_tomachi 10-09-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269120)
I'm not taking this as being about the fanbase but I pretty much agree with his point, anyone else?

True. I think it refers to those old fans who stayed on the first Bon Jovi albums and are waiting for another SWW in every new album is released

Captain_jovi 10-09-2020 01:10 AM

I don't even take it as being aimed at the fanbase in general. To me it just sounds like "if you don't like us now you probably never did anyway so why bother". He did a GREAT interview with American Songwriter about how it's getting good reviews but it's clear they were barely even listening to the album.

cqleonardo 10-09-2020 01:21 AM

other day I saw on facebook some people saying "he lost his touch", that the lyrics on 2020 are awful and the old ones are good... I wondered... that person was talking about Bad Medicine?? Or Bad Name??? or something like it? I love those songs but the lyrics are pure crap

steel_horse75 10-09-2020 10:10 AM

They can’t write bad name again but album sales decline shows a big chunk of die hards aren’t buying anymore and they aren’t really appealing to anyone at the moment.
30,000 sales between here and US is shambolic and I bet the label now regret given Jon a new deal.
If they did a gig just with songs from The circle to 2020 they’d struggle to sell tickets. Yes he can’t write SWW2 but it also shows what fans want to hear from the band and is isn’t political themes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thesedays2014 10-09-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1269124)
other day I saw on facebook some people saying "he lost his touch", that the lyrics on 2020 are awful and the old ones are good... I wondered... that person was talking about Bad Medicine?? Or Bad Name??? or something like it? I love those songs but the lyrics are pure crap

Those lyrics are pure cheesy 80s American rnr 🤟🏽

The lyrics on 2020? They’re ok

JoviForever 10-09-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1269136)
They can’t write bad name again but album sales decline shows a big chunk of die hards aren’t buying anymore and they aren’t really appealing to anyone at the moment.
30,000 sales between here and US is shambolic and I bet the label now regret given Jon a new deal.
If they did a gig just with songs from The circle to 2020 they’d struggle to sell tickets. Yes he can’t write SWW2 but it also shows what fans want to hear from the band and is isn’t political themes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t think the record label are backing them anyway. Once upon a time you would see adverts in papers and on the tele when an album was released - not anymore!🙄

Thinny 10-10-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1269179)
I don’t think the record label are backing them anyway. Once upon a time you would see adverts in papers and on the tele when an album was released - not anymore!🙄

Not many older bands do. The big money is on the younger artists when it comes to record labels.