Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   30 sec snippets of all songs of TLFR!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=17919)

RyanBounce04 10-18-2003 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin
Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJoviBOUNCE02
How much worse could it get?

Ryan

It also got delayed ;).

Oh yea, forgot about that... DAMN IT!! This is the first time Bon Jovi has ever dissapointed me with an album...

Ryan

Edwin 10-18-2003 11:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ryan

It also got delayed ;).

Oh yea, forgot about that... DAMN IT!! This is the first time Bon Jovi has ever dissapointed me with an album...

Ryan

Like Supersonic said to me:

I hope the booklet is nice.

Jag 10-18-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ryan

It also got delayed ;).

Ryan

oh well i guess im in the minority where i think its very cool, innovative, gutsy and different. i was plesantly surpised with what i heard, the next studio album wll rock, this is just a little bonus greatets hits 'with a twist'...i think its great and am itching to hear it in full 8)

Santa_Fe 10-18-2003 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

When you go shopping for CD's, you find one and want to listen to it, you don't listen to the entire CD either I think ? You listen to about 30 seconds of each track, and after that you're able to tell if you like the CD or not. At least I can. Otherwise people would not need to listen to CDs in stores.

And about Jon knowing the fans, if he'd knew them very well he wouldn't use drumcomputers and sampling and so on. That goes for all the members by the way, not only for Jon. Though I think I get your point about Jon knowing the fans, you're assuming they understand his lyrics too good, which makes his private life a bit less private ? Or am I completely wrong ?

Not everyone is reading all your posts so don't start pointing at older replies you made.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I don't know about you, but I only make my first impression based on short snippets. And first impression is often deceitful and not enough to buy a record or not buy a record. And it's certainly not enough to talk about the quality of a record.

When I say Jon knows the fans, I mean they tour a lot. Meet different people. They see how masses react on different things. And, what is the most important, they have statistics on everything. We don't know all the Bon Jovi statistics. Bon Jovi do. On this board we only have a small sample of Bon Jovi fans. And I personally don't think this sample is representative. We have "extreme fans" here. In statistics it's called outliers. Not really a representative sample. Although, when it comes to TLFR, this sample may turn out to be representative.

Jag 10-18-2003 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

When you go shopping for CD's, you find one and want to listen to it, you don't listen to the entire CD either I think ? You listen to about 30 seconds of each track, and after that you're able to tell if you like the CD or not. At least I can. Otherwise people would not need to listen to CDs in stores.

And about Jon knowing the fans, if he'd knew them very well he wouldn't use drumcomputers and sampling and so on. That goes for all the members by the way, not only for Jon. Though I think I get your point about Jon knowing the fans, you're assuming they understand his lyrics too good, which makes his private life a bit less private ? Or am I completely wrong ?

Not everyone is reading all your posts so don't start pointing at older replies you made.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I don't know about you, but I only make my first impression based on short snippets. And first impression is often deceitful and not enough to buy a record or not buy a record. And it's certainly not enough to talk about the quality of a record.

When I say Jon knows the fans, I mean they tour a lot. Meet different people. They see how masses react on different things. And, what is the most important, they have statistics on everything. We don't know all the Bon Jovi statistics. Bon Jovi do. On this board we only have a small sample of Bon Jovi fans. And I personally don't think this sample is representative. We have "extreme fans" here. In statistics it's called outliers. Not really a representative sample. Although, when it comes to TLFR, this sample may turn out to be representative.

the album will take time to be accepted by alot of fans i think, but that is expected...i sitll think some of the osnsg are just awesome, there aint a awful song there, veyr impressive....and the female singer i could live with i think....

davefan 10-18-2003 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
the album will take time to be accepted by alot of fans i think, but that is expected...i sitll think some of the osnsg are just awesome, there aint a awful song there, veyr impressive....and the female singer i could live with i think....

maybe but when I think of Crush or Destination I was shocked when I first listened, then started to like it, but when listening to it again I hate it can`t even listen to the whole album cause its pure pop like TLFR get sick when listening to all those drumm computers

Mike 10-18-2003 11:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter
Quote:

Unbelievable. I cannot believe what I'm reading.

Reading? You mean hearing??

No, I meant reading. I know what I'm hearing. A record that is all about the songs. Not about guitar solos. Or Jon and Richie harmonies. Or about "wah-wah-wah" sound. This record was meant to be different. I repeat. It's all about the text in the songs. THey use musical arrangements as background for the text. (That's what I got from the snippets.)

Actually, when I watched I think it was Access Hollywood, I noticed that that's the reaction Jon predicted for the fans. In fact, that's exactly what he predicted. Jon knows the fans a lot better then peolpe realize. That's why we have records like Bounce and Crush now instead of These Days.

I haven't listened to them yet, but put simply - ppl have listened, they don't like it & r saying their opinion without failing to mentuion that they cannot form a complete opinion without the full thing. Its not a crime to dislike something & say your opinion. Many of the fans on here r - after all, fans of the ROCK band called Bon Jovi.

Santa_Fe 10-18-2003 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

I agree with you. The only thing I really didn't like was female voice (but who knows maybe I'll change my mind when I hear the whole song). The rest sounded good. It's still same old songs.

dianebonjovi 10-18-2003 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanatica
Quote:

I didn't hate them as much as some of you did.
Maybe you weren't referring to me, but I don't hate *anything*... yet.

No, I wasn't referring to you. Just the general tone of opinions. Probably hate was too strong a word. Maybe I should have said dislike or disappointment.

Santa_Fe 10-18-2003 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan
maybe but when I think of Crush or Destination I was shocked when I first listened, then started to like it, but when listening to it again I hate it can`t even listen to the whole album cause its pure pop like TLFR get sick when listening to all those drumm computers

Britney is pop. TLFR is simply experimental.