Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   30 sec snippets of all songs of TLFR!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=17919)

Santa_Fe 10-18-2003 07:38 PM

What can I say?

I think it's brave. And I actually liked what I heard. It's a different sound for them, and it's a big risk for them too.

You see Bon Jovi are known for their arrangements. There is an opinion that Bon Jovi are not good songwriters. Take rock arrangemets away, and we don't have much left because the songs are not really saying anything. That's the main point critics use against Bon Jovi.

I think what they did here puts stress on the songs instead of bombastic arrangements around those songs. It's like they are trying to answer the question about, you know, if they still will have songs if they get rid of "the sound".

Bon Jovi are about to find out if their fans follow them because of "the sound", or because they actually think that this band has something to say.

Miss Understood 10-18-2003 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
i think need to realise that every song is gonna come up as a shock, espiclaly when most of these songs(originals) mena soso much to so many ppl, certian notes and way of singing...so when they hear something like this its gonna feel awful for alot of ppl. but i really think its rather harsh not to give it a few listens (in full)...i would have been surpised if ppl loved the new versions straight off..

I agree. I dont like the new songs, but i think i just need to get used to them, and for that i need to listen to the complete versions. but i admit it was a bigger shock than what i expected :(

Jag 10-18-2003 07:48 PM

well i heard it, some of it i really like, some of it leaves me confused, but i feel it will take more then a few listens of a 30sec to decide...its a culture shock, but some of it really works well, its innovative and different.

fanatica 10-18-2003 07:48 PM

Well... I listened to all of them... and yes, I'm disappointed. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I'm just so used to the originals that it's hard to listen to these with an open mind, no matter how hard I try. The only ones that sounded remotely new and innovating were IML and Keep The Faith. I just don't know if I'm gonna be rushing to the stores to buy this.

Sorry, Bon Jovi, I just don't understand this... :?

Jag 10-18-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Understood
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
i think need to realise that every song is gonna come up as a shock, espiclaly when most of these songs(originals) mena soso much to so many ppl, certian notes and way of singing...so when they hear something like this its gonna feel awful for alot of ppl. but i really think its rather harsh not to give it a few listens (in full)...i would have been surpised if ppl loved the new versions straight off..

I agree. I dont like the new songs, but i think i just need to get used to them, and for that i need to listen to the complete versions. but i admit it was a bigger shock than what i expected :(

i see it as a blind date...you been told this that and the other about it, then when u see it, if its not wot was in yr mind, its gonan feel sucky...

Jag 10-18-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanatica
Well... I listened to all of them... and yes, I'm disappointed. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I'm just so used to the originals that it's hard to listen to these with an open mind, no matter how hard I try. The only ones that sounded remotely new and innovating were IML and Keep The Faith. I just don't know if I'm gonna be rushing to the stores to buy this.

just a reworking of their greatest hits is all :) i feel like im acting as some mascot for the album today :?

fanatica 10-18-2003 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

just a reworking of their greatest hits is all :) i feel like im acting as some mascot for the album today :?

Jag, usually I'm a defender of the band, but I just... can't understand the new songs. I mean, Sambo-Chris was right- most of them are slow. A lot of them, like Bed of Roses and IBTFY, are basically the original except with a slower/faster beat. I think my speakers are messed up, so everything sounds muffled, but I also agree that the singer of Livin On a Prayer is HORRIBLE!!! :( I don't know... I'm not gonna force myself to like this album. But I WILL wait until I hear the whole thing before I really decide.

sambora 10-18-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
wow ppl judge an album on 30secs????? :?

all the songs sound the same.

jesyjames 10-18-2003 07:56 PM

Quote:

Lay Your Hands On me = Lion King soundtrack?

lol. that's great. So true too.

Jag 10-18-2003 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

Jag, usually I'm a defender of the band, but I just... can't understand the new songs. I mean, Sambo-Chris was right- most of them are slow. A lot of them, like Bed of Roses and IBTFY, are basically the original except with a slower/faster beat. I think my speakers are messed up, so everything sounds muffled, but I also agree that the singer of Livin On a Prayer is HORRIBLE!!! :( I don't know... I'm not gonna force myself to like this album. But I WILL wait until I hear the whole thing before I really decide.

i see yr view...but its gonna be a culture shock for every1, the slower stuff i like, it sounds more 'soulful', and different....whether it works is different, but the band will most probs wont try something so different ever again, regardless of the success(or lack of it) of TLFR...just like lennon asked of peace, give bon jovi a chance