Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   30 sec snippets of all songs of TLFR!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=17919)

spunkywho 10-18-2003 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
wow ppl judge an album on 30secs????? :?

yes we do! I mean if you here them they say all 30sec of the chorus is more than anough! if you hear the duett of prayer or you hear that pop backround on wanted and the bad way it`s sung it says enough!

I agree, for some songs 30 seconds is more than enough :roll:

Wanted is horrible. I just cannot imagine Wanted done in any other way. It is supposed to come from the bottom of his heart and it is supposed to bring out certain emotions. Not a happy little jiggle with that little poppy background. I don't think I can ever get friendly with that new Wanted.

Other songs on the other hand are ok. But it is hard to hear Bad Medicine in any other way, but the happy - fun song it used to be.

Anyway, it seems most of the songs seem to lack emotion. At least to me.

PS. I am NOT bashing the new album based on 30 second snippets! This is just my first reaction to the new songs. ;)

davefan 10-18-2003 08:04 PM

for the female singer when I hear her I think "ok she sucks but Pat is really nice so we got to keep her part or we would have to tell him that his wife singing sucks :( "

spunkywho 10-18-2003 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambora
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

all the songs sound the same.

have to agree.

Jag 10-18-2003 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

yes we do! I mean if you here them they say all 30sec of the chorus is more than anough! if you hear the duett of prayer or you hear that pop backround on wanted and the bad way it`s sung it says enough!

I agree, for some songs 30 seconds is more than enough :roll:

Wanted is horrible. I just cannot imagine Wanted done in any other way. It is supposed to come from the bottom of his heart and it is supposed to bring out certain emotions. Not a happy little jiggle with that little poppy background. I don't think I can ever get friendly with that new Wanted.

Other songs on the other hand are ok. But it is hard to hear Bad Medicine in any other way, but the happy - fun song it used to be.

Anyway, it seems most of the songs seem to lack emotion. At least to me.

PS. I am NOT bashing the new album based on 30 second snippets! This is just my first reaction to the new songs. ;)

i think u pretty much say it, msot fans cant stomach something SO different...which was bound to happen...anyway i think im out of here for a bit, im happy enough with wot i heard tho :)

davefan 10-18-2003 08:08 PM

just one other thing that came to my mind, sure we will have to go to the shop and decide if we buy it right off (as I know my self no matter if I hate it or love I`ll buy it :( ) or if we listen to the album a bit longer and make a decission than. but 30 seconds is half a minute and if you think about how long a song usually is, it`s not that few, and the chours of a jovi song says a lot and thats not much longer than those 30 seconds

Edwin 10-18-2003 08:08 PM

When I first heard Prayer, I thought it was Richie doing a funny voice :shock: .

I now know what Richie meant by "He's been able to take some of his early influences, like Tom Waits, and take a real storytelling approach here". It's a whole lotta Tom Waits on Jon ;).

Kinda slow, bluesy album. I like There4U.

Martin 10-18-2003 08:17 PM

i agree to those who say that 30 seconds isn't long enough to judge the album... i'm happy that they reworked the songs cause after ten years of being a fan those which i've heard 5 times live really suck cause they're overplayed for me- there are other fans than me who can't imagine a bj show thout prayer, bad name, wanted and so on and i don't bash that but from my point it definately was time for a change- the reworks won't be easy to swallow for most of us that was clear from the start; i hope that it'll all turn out well (meaning: i hope that i'm gonna like the album :lol: )- though i'm afraid TLFR is gonna flop- but hey guys- smile if it ain't enough to cry :wink:

Lise 10-18-2003 08:42 PM

I just listened to the snippets too.. and i have to admit, when i first heart IML a few weeks ago i tought WOW this is so good! but now i'm a bit dissapointed too... i don't like the sound of some songs, like Lay your hands on me for example... it feels like your sitting on a train and just bumping around... same for I'll be there for you... and you give love a bad name...... or horse riding... just this goin' up and down kinda sound.. if you understand what i mean...

As for Always, I hope there are some higher notes in it... but i think i can live with this song... i like the slow piano right at the end of the snippet...

Bad Medicine sounds indeed like Jon is kinda horny (sorry Jon) .. i can already picture him sitting on a bed with a half naked lady dancing around him.. sorry again ;-)

Living on a prayer: female voice is TERRIBLE.. sorry, no excuse here... terrible.. i think i'll skip that one

I like born to be my baby.. like the guitar there.. better then the original..hehe.. joke.. but GOOD

Faith okay, but could be a lot better too

Everyday: okay

Bed of roses: too predictable... Jon's voice sounds so soft.. i miss the rocky sound a bit...

Wanted, i don't know yet, i expected something completely different here and i can't get used to the chorus...

I'll sure listen to the WHOLE version of the songs.. but this was just my conclusion of the 30sec snippets...

Lies

Kathleen 10-18-2003 08:59 PM

WHERE IS RICHIE???? That's my biggest comment/complaint so far. Yes, the songs are all slow but I expected that with this sort of album. I heard that version of Bad Medicine at Hartford (or one close to it) and it was fantastic in concert - different and bluesy. I have the album on order in Japan - I want the DVD damnit - but as Christine said - I probably won't listen to it too much. I'll do what I do with all new albums - stick it in my car CD player and leave it for a week. By then I will be well acquainted with it and can really decide if the changes stand the listening test.

Kathleen

Edwin 10-18-2003 09:10 PM

Last Man Standing was not that bad then ;).