Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   30 sec snippets of all songs of TLFR!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=17919)

davefan 10-18-2003 06:24 PM

30 sec snippets of all songs of TLFR!!

on www.news.at you can hear snippets of all songs! oh my god first time now that I heard some of that iml is nice cause of the piano the rest sucks :( pure pop

Jag 10-18-2003 06:31 PM

cant see it :?

different lanaguage!

Jag 10-18-2003 06:33 PM

found it, click on leute, then click the jovi pic to hear it ppl!

im still undecided if i will listen to it tho...

dianebonjovi 10-18-2003 06:36 PM

Thanks for the link, but I don't think I want to hear them before I buy the album. I'm tempted, mind you, but must hold my ground. It's only another couple of weeks, right.

davefan 10-18-2003 06:38 PM

good for you diane I wanted to but I couldn`t resist now I really think I wount buy it :( it sucks!!!!! :? didn't listen to all songs just the first 3

scookuk 10-18-2003 06:52 PM

Help

AAAAAAH help, my computer doesn't play RM files?! what media player does??? i've got quicktime and win media player but they dont work?
HELP' i'm dying to hear the songs

Faith

Jag 10-18-2003 06:53 PM

Re: Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by scookuk
AAAAAAH help, my computer doesn't play RM files?! what media player does??? i've got quicktime and win media player but they dont work?
HELP' i'm dying to hear the songs

Faith

its real player

Miss Understood 10-18-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan
good for you diane I wanted to but I couldn`t resist now I really think I wount buy it :( it sucks!!!!! :? didn't listen to all songs just the first 3

I couldn resist too, and im glad i didt!!! I couldnt buy the album without listen to them, and now that i did, i dunno if im gonna buy :? i didnt like what a heard :cry: maybe i´ll get used to them...

Martin 10-18-2003 06:57 PM

once again- we austrians were first (news is one of the biggest tabloids here... :lol: )

HookMeUp2003 10-18-2003 06:58 PM

Ok listened to it... and not buying the album. They really sounded crap. Except for maybe KTF that sounded nice.. not better than the original.

Sambo-Chris 10-18-2003 06:59 PM

You also can listen to them here:

Above the photo of Jon there is a field where you can choose the different songs. You should find it even if you don't speak German.

http://www.universalmusic.at/gewinnspiel8/

davefan 10-18-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin2000
once again- we austrians were first (news is one of the biggest tabloids here... :lol: )

lol you`re so wright! like on http://oe3.orf.at they allready had iml to listen too and a nice report before it was on any other side :D no idea why but seems like this time we´re really first :D

davefan 10-18-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris

Above the photo of Jon there is a field where you can choose the different songs. You should find it even if you don't speak German.

cool thdx for the link (yeah austria again lol) and cool competition for austrian fans :D

Jag 10-18-2003 07:03 PM

wow ppl judge an album on 30secs????? :?

davefan 10-18-2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

yes we do! I mean if you here them they say all 30sec of the chorus is more than anough! if you hear the duett of prayer or you hear that pop backround on wanted and the bad way it`s sung it says enough!

Jag 10-18-2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

thanks this link is better, loads almost straight off.

Jag 10-18-2003 07:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

yes we do! I mean if you here them they say all 30sec of the chorus is more than anough! if you hear the duett of prayer or you hear that pop backround on wanted and the bad way it`s sung it says enough!

ive been a big fan of the whole idea of this album and think it will be awesome, so just for u ill hear it and give my take, either tho i still say 30sec is way too short....

{_Warrior_} 10-18-2003 07:12 PM

There's no sense in the songs............ :cry:

Sambo-Chris 10-18-2003 07:13 PM

Well, 30 seconds is at least enough to realize that the whole album is good when you want to sleep because it has only very slow songs.

And where's Richie's voice? No harmonies of Jon's and Richie's voice like they did earlier.

And this female voice in Prayer is horrible.

I got the feeling I won't listen to this album very often.

davefan 10-18-2003 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

ive been a big fan of the whole idea of this album and think it will be awesome, so just for u ill hear it and give my take, either tho i still say 30sec is way too short....

well you needn't if you don`t want to. really I mean I'M still not sure wehter I buy it or not and I did like the idea of the album till I heard the songs. so now I think it should have remaind accoustik rock instead of pure pop.

Martin 10-18-2003 07:17 PM

oh jeeeezzzzz what's this? sounds like a soundtrack to a sex-film :roll: always is most horrible imho... the rest is just strange... but i think that the snippets don't say too much bout the album... hopefully... and i hope that with that album jon will lose soe girly-fans cause he sings erm... yuck... god.... the music is not soooo bad but jon really sucks in every single tone...

davefan 10-18-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Well, 30 seconds is at least enough to realize that the whole album is good when you want to sleep because it has only very slow songs.

And where's Richie's voice? No harmonies of Jon's and Richie's voice like they did earlier.

thought the same of the female voice (well maybe they should have tried to get a singer instead of the producers wife :( ) and richies voice. Just hope we hear it in the rest of the song.
think I buy it just because I wanna listen to it once and well collect anything about bon jovi but then I wount listen to it anymore :(

{_Warrior_} 10-18-2003 07:18 PM

I´m glad I´m not the only one that can´t understand what the hell this band have in mind........

Sambo-Chris 10-18-2003 07:20 PM

If it wasn't for the DVD I probably would delete my order. The only thing I'm still looking forward to is the DVD.

Miss Understood 10-18-2003 07:24 PM

Quote:

I thought the same about the female singer, what is that!!!!???? Awfull!

davefan 10-18-2003 07:24 PM

Quote:

If it wasn't for the DVD I probably would delete my order. The only thing I'm still looking forward to is the DVD.

well thats not that greateither :( at least not the eurpean version, haven`t the aol sessions already been on the net?

mitchdaddy 10-18-2003 07:25 PM

Well my first impressions are that the album is a bit of a let down. but hey it is only 30 secs clip so hopefully there will be nothing to moan about once Ive heard the full album.
First Impressions of the songs:

Wanted: I dont mind it that much. Its ok

Livin On a Prayer: Im so angry I feel like ramming my hand through the screen. They have murdered the chorus with that woman singing so god knows what they have done to the rest of the songs

Bad Medicine: I quite like what I heard of this. But again ill reserve judgement for the full version

It's My life: Yeh ok not bad. Heard better though

Lay Your Hands on Me: hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ill wait for the album version I think

Bad Name: Slow uninspiring

Bad of Roses: Right this is a new album? This sounds the same as the orignal but with a little beat to it. :mad:

Everyday: Yeh hmmmm lets move on to the next song

Born to my Baby: :shock: Why oh why?

Keep the Faith: Not bad.........

Ill be there for you: A slower version of the original. Nothing special really

Always: Right im off to cry now :(

All in all they are only 30 second clips but the comments are what I feel at the moment. I just hope my mind changes :?

Sambo-Chris 10-18-2003 07:29 PM

Quote:

, haven`t the aol sessions already been on the net?
Maybe, I don't know. I rarely download something. I heard about this AOL thing for the first time in connection to this album.

Jag 10-18-2003 07:35 PM

i think need to realise that every song is gonna come up as a shock, espiclaly when most of these songs(originals) mena soso much to so many ppl, certian notes and way of singing...so when they hear something like this its gonna feel awful for alot of ppl. but i really think its rather harsh not to give it a few listens (in full)...i would have been surpised if ppl loved the new versions straight off..

Captain.Crash 10-18-2003 07:36 PM

Female = WORST VOICE EVER. My cat sounds better.

Bad name = Irish Pub Drinking song....where's the violin?

Prayer = Urgggghhhh

Always = Is there One HIGH Note on the album?

Bed Of Roses = Why?

Bad Medicine = Sounds like they are on sleepin gas

Wanted = not bad...

Born To Be My Baby = Waltz? what on earth was that....(not too bad tho)

Everyday = Dont like any version of this song

It's My Life = Very Good, i like it alot!

Lay Your Hands On me = Lion King soundtrack?

Keep The Faith = No Comment

I'll Be There For you - Bland

Not that i have passed judgement yet...

Santa_Fe 10-18-2003 07:38 PM

What can I say?

I think it's brave. And I actually liked what I heard. It's a different sound for them, and it's a big risk for them too.

You see Bon Jovi are known for their arrangements. There is an opinion that Bon Jovi are not good songwriters. Take rock arrangemets away, and we don't have much left because the songs are not really saying anything. That's the main point critics use against Bon Jovi.

I think what they did here puts stress on the songs instead of bombastic arrangements around those songs. It's like they are trying to answer the question about, you know, if they still will have songs if they get rid of "the sound".

Bon Jovi are about to find out if their fans follow them because of "the sound", or because they actually think that this band has something to say.

Miss Understood 10-18-2003 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
i think need to realise that every song is gonna come up as a shock, espiclaly when most of these songs(originals) mena soso much to so many ppl, certian notes and way of singing...so when they hear something like this its gonna feel awful for alot of ppl. but i really think its rather harsh not to give it a few listens (in full)...i would have been surpised if ppl loved the new versions straight off..

I agree. I dont like the new songs, but i think i just need to get used to them, and for that i need to listen to the complete versions. but i admit it was a bigger shock than what i expected :(

Jag 10-18-2003 07:48 PM

well i heard it, some of it i really like, some of it leaves me confused, but i feel it will take more then a few listens of a 30sec to decide...its a culture shock, but some of it really works well, its innovative and different.

fanatica 10-18-2003 07:48 PM

Well... I listened to all of them... and yes, I'm disappointed. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I'm just so used to the originals that it's hard to listen to these with an open mind, no matter how hard I try. The only ones that sounded remotely new and innovating were IML and Keep The Faith. I just don't know if I'm gonna be rushing to the stores to buy this.

Sorry, Bon Jovi, I just don't understand this... :?

Jag 10-18-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Understood
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

I agree. I dont like the new songs, but i think i just need to get used to them, and for that i need to listen to the complete versions. but i admit it was a bigger shock than what i expected :(

i see it as a blind date...you been told this that and the other about it, then when u see it, if its not wot was in yr mind, its gonan feel sucky...

Jag 10-18-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanatica
Well... I listened to all of them... and yes, I'm disappointed. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I'm just so used to the originals that it's hard to listen to these with an open mind, no matter how hard I try. The only ones that sounded remotely new and innovating were IML and Keep The Faith. I just don't know if I'm gonna be rushing to the stores to buy this.

just a reworking of their greatest hits is all :) i feel like im acting as some mascot for the album today :?

fanatica 10-18-2003 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

just a reworking of their greatest hits is all :) i feel like im acting as some mascot for the album today :?

Jag, usually I'm a defender of the band, but I just... can't understand the new songs. I mean, Sambo-Chris was right- most of them are slow. A lot of them, like Bed of Roses and IBTFY, are basically the original except with a slower/faster beat. I think my speakers are messed up, so everything sounds muffled, but I also agree that the singer of Livin On a Prayer is HORRIBLE!!! :( I don't know... I'm not gonna force myself to like this album. But I WILL wait until I hear the whole thing before I really decide.

sambora 10-18-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag

all the songs sound the same.

jesyjames 10-18-2003 07:56 PM

Quote:

Lay Your Hands On me = Lion King soundtrack?

lol. that's great. So true too.

Jag 10-18-2003 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:

Jag, usually I'm a defender of the band, but I just... can't understand the new songs. I mean, Sambo-Chris was right- most of them are slow. A lot of them, like Bed of Roses and IBTFY, are basically the original except with a slower/faster beat. I think my speakers are messed up, so everything sounds muffled, but I also agree that the singer of Livin On a Prayer is HORRIBLE!!! :( I don't know... I'm not gonna force myself to like this album. But I WILL wait until I hear the whole thing before I really decide.

i see yr view...but its gonna be a culture shock for every1, the slower stuff i like, it sounds more 'soulful', and different....whether it works is different, but the band will most probs wont try something so different ever again, regardless of the success(or lack of it) of TLFR...just like lennon asked of peace, give bon jovi a chance