Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi and the songs he cleverly stole from others. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54006)

Litneg 08-26-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1275208)
Oopsie...

Bon Jovi - Walls:

https://youtu.be/_SWSdUPMLMI

Vs. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes:

https://youtu.be/gOsM-DYAEhY

I always said Walls sounded like Imagine Dragons, but no, at any time I saw/I still don't see it as a copy

Captain_jovi 08-26-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1275208)
Oopsie...

Bon Jovi - Walls:

https://youtu.be/_SWSdUPMLMI

Vs. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes:

https://youtu.be/gOsM-DYAEhY

Oof yeah, absolutely. That drum beat, the opening melody, the feel.

rolo_tomachi 09-12-2021 09:44 PM

Mumford and Sons - I will Wait
Bon Jovi - Reunion

Dave 1986 09-21-2021 02:27 AM

Very minor and probably used for other Bon Jovi songs but the "Whoaaoooaaaooo...'s" at the end of "Mystery Train" are very U2 - "With or Without You". Much clearer on live versions, eg. the Bonus CD version of Crush.

I've noticed this for a while but only just reminded myself of this today.




Sami 09-26-2021 03:21 PM

This may be a bit far fetched but I think the first part of the chorus of Cadillac Man sounds a lot like Living Next Door to Alice by Smokie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-26-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1275655)
This may be a bit far fetched but I think the first part of the chorus of Cadillac Man sounds a lot like Living Next Door to Alice by Smokie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call it far fetched, that had always jumped out to me when I had listened to Cadillac Man as well ;)

Dave 1986 12-22-2021 12:40 AM

I'm sure I pointed this out here or somewhere else but the riff from "In and Out of Love" sounds like a slightly-slowed down version of Def Leppard's "Hello America" (from their debut album On Through the Night). The bit at 0:32 just before Joe Elliot starts the verse;


Sami 12-24-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1276901)
I'm sure I pointed this out here or somewhere else but the riff from "In and Out of Love" sounds like a slightly-slowed down version of Def Leppard's "Hello America" (from their debut album On Through the Night). The bit at 0:32 just before Joe Elliot starts the verse;



I hear you.

Sorry of this has already been pointed out on this thread, but Iíd like to add that the hook in the chorus is basically the same as in Heavenís On Fire.

In an interview quite some time ago, Desmond said he noticed how Jon had mimicked that Kiss song even before Jon, Richie and Desmond started to collaborate.

Anyhow, I love IOOL. Such a great rock song.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickysambo 12-24-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1276901)
I'm sure I pointed this out here or somewhere else but the riff from "In and Out of Love" sounds like a slightly-slowed down version of Def Leppard's "Hello America" (from their debut album On Through the Night). The bit at 0:32 just before Joe Elliot starts the verse;

Def Leppard - Hello America (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Sounds very slightly similar, yes. That's because of 1)Similar Early '80s Rock production 2) Same key (A minor).
However, the notes in the riff is different, slowed or not.

Javier 01-22-2022 03:49 AM

Sunrise Avenue 'Dreamer'
https://youtu.be/s8LZBJAr0RM

Bon jovi 'Walls'
https://youtu.be/_SWSdUPMLMI

Can't believe I hadn't caught this earlier but I guess this could be attributed to both bands being "inspired" by imagine dragons :lol:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.