Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What football team do you support? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53609)

nickolai 10-30-2011 09:37 PM

What football team do you support?

I support the mighty Villa. Except not so mighty anymore. What do you get a kick out of more? A Bon Jovi concert or watching your team pummel your rival - live at the stadium! Seeing us batter Birmingham 5-1 to virtually send them down was probably the best euphoria I've had.

Whats your view?

Jim Bon Jovi 10-30-2011 09:54 PM

Rangers.

Seeing them hammer Celtic is one of life's great pleasures. Even the build up and the aftermath has you buzzing for a week, a Jovi gig doesn't even come close.

samboraisgodUK 10-30-2011 10:24 PM

I'm a huge Burnley fan. Nickolai we can bond over playing in Claret & Blue haha.

I find it really hard to choose, I look forward to Jovi gigs from when they're announced pretty much whereas there's matches every week. I think both are fairly comparable though, I can't get to as many matches as I'd like so there's something to be said about the whole day surrounding each event that adds to the excitement and the buzz.

KeepTheFaith2211 10-30-2011 10:36 PM

Newcastle United.

One year ago tomorrow was the most euphoric I've ever felt. My first local derby - 5-1 at home to sunderland. F*cking hell. I love football at times.

samboraisgodUK 10-30-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1076242)
Newcastle United.

One year ago tomorrow was the most euphoric I've ever felt. My first local derby - 5-1 at home to sunderland. F*cking hell. I love football at times.

But at times it's so incredibly depressing. Clough (i think, someone correct me if it was someone else) summed it up the best when he was asked "is football a matter of life and death?" and he answered "It's much more important than that"

Obviously that's a little over the top but some people just don't get it, my mum can never understand why after watching Burnley play pathetically and being soundly beaten a team that aren't anything special my Dad and I are in a bad mood for the rest of the day haha

nrm123 10-30-2011 11:31 PM

A few years back i used to support Man Utd but i dont really follow football anymore. I think the players are over paid to fall over and play dead until they get the ball

dcj28 10-30-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1076244)
But at times it's so incredibly depressing. Clough (i think, someone correct me if it was someone else) summed it up the best when he was asked "is football a matter of life and death?" and he answered "It's much more important than that"

Obviously that's a little over the top but some people just don't get it, my mum can never understand why after watching Burnley play pathetically and being soundly beaten a team that aren't anything special my Dad and I are in a bad mood for the rest of the day haha

Bill Shankly said that.

Man City for me, so last weekend was quite good....:D

Jim Bon Jovi 10-31-2011 12:42 AM

Related question: What is you most cherished footballing memory?

It's a toss up between:

Seeing Rangers beat Fiorentina to qualify for the UEFA cup final a few years back was special.

or

Helicopter Sunday as it's now dubbed. Last game of the season, Celtic only had to win to take the title and were on course to do so at 80 minutes even though Rangers were winning their game comfortably.

A helicopter was planted halfway between both stadiums (Rangers were away to Hibs that day and Celtic were at Motherwell) and it took off in the direction of Parkhead only to have to turn around (caught on camera :D ) and head for Edinburgh when Celtic lost an equaliser. They ended up losing the game in the end but it was all over by then anyway.

I was working in a bar that day, clocked off just after the games finished and got absolutely shitfaced. Myself and my buddy who was out just kept looking at each other and bursting into fits of laughter all night because we couldn't believe it.

Incredible.

bonjovi821 10-31-2011 01:39 AM

The Packers, only because my stepdad agreed that if they win every game and the Superbowl that we get to take a cruise. Otherwise I really have no interest in football at all.

KeepTheFaith2211 10-31-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1076244)

Oh without a doubt. Newcastle's relegation in 2009 and the sale of Andy Carroll to Liverpool are probably my worst memories (and they're very, very recent, too). I remember at both times I felt so disillusioned that nothing mattered. I got a new job on the same day as Carroll's sale and could hardly celebrate. I was so gutted.