Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 14th 2017 - Estadio Monumental, Santiago, Chile thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70088)

KSantaFe 09-15-2017 03:29 PM

Bed of Roses with the Spanish choruses was a really fun listen on YouTube, as was IBTFY. Jon was pretty decent on Wanted also. IML and GBTM were poor - particularly disappointed with the latter as that's one of my faves off THINFS and was fun live in the N. American leg. They really need to cycle through BAT, RC and Devil's for GBTM and Knockout. Aside from that - safe to say this was probably the best gig they've done in ages!

steel_horse75 09-15-2017 03:45 PM

Any KTF vids?
Looked on youtube and Twitter but cant see any

symbeline 09-15-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainKiddOnSunset (Post 1227774)
The new Jon: sings better in Spanish than English. Good show from what I've seen,like. Agree with steel_horse75 like, how will tomorrow sound?

Maybe he's singing in key here, but in terms of pronunciation, I couldn't understand what he was signing for the most part. Not criticizing at all, any singer that makes an effort with another language is ok in my book. And his English has also been pretty hard to understand on the last tours :mrgreen:

I have to admit that I've never heard Spanish BOR. Only the occasional live performance. Is it any good? I don't like it when non-natives try signing their songs in another language, I mean like I said I think it's super cool and a great treat for fans, but it sounds so strange to me that I never manage to enjoy them

Thinny 09-15-2017 04:03 PM

TheOriginalJez 09-15-2017 04:03 PM

Well, I just depressed myself. Remembered Dublin 2011 when we got Bounce as an opener and wanted to watch the video again - Jon moves more in 10 seconds of that performance than he does in combination of all the videos posted so far from last night - this was a show after he buggered his knee on that tour too; he can still sing and then I started going through my own videos from that show and started remembering that set list...

We're calling last night good... that night we got Bounce, Damned, Never Say Goodbye, Love For Sale, Hey God, Always - on top of Saturday Night, IBTFY and the other staples we don't get now (BOB, album songs from The Circle. LTOR was a ****ing epic closer.)

I mean, you have to work with what you've got but good god this has gone downhill fast. Doubt we'll ever see the likes of that night again :/

symbeline 09-15-2017 04:19 PM

Runaway

Rdkopper 09-15-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1227758)
Some people are quite easily pleased :rolleyes:

I think people are just optimistic and saw significant improvement after the last show performed.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 09-15-2017 04:26 PM

FWIW I enjoyed that Bed of Roses enough to watch it twice in a row, instead of just once with a wince and sigh. ;)

Rdkopper 09-15-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 1227786)
FWIW I enjoyed that Bed of Roses enough to watch it twice, instead of just once with a wince and sigh. ;)

I agree.... I give him much respect on that one... Phil on guitar too

symbeline 09-15-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1227778)
Where are our These Days and Keep The Faith videos, goddammit? :mad: :-D

TD Snippet TD Another Snippet
Spoiler: It was an improvement from last show