Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destination Anywhere (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=12162)

jess 06-04-2003 02:27 PM

i just love it !
especially, Janie, It's just me, Every word ... :wink:

Sanjeev Singh 06-04-2003 04:24 PM

yeah i lioke the album it's got sentimental value to me anyway. That was a cool period for me anyways. I like Midnight In Chelsea - I know it doesn't sound like a Jovi song, but that's cause it's Jon's solo effort. Destination Anywhere is a brilliant one, while Janie is really, really nice. Queen of New Orleans will be very good to listen to live.

I like that Jon was experimenting his artisitic side here - Blaze Of Glory record resemled a BJ record, but DA doesn't. I like both of course. Better he experimented here than on a BJ album, right?

Anyway, one of my faves, but I still think Richie's solo records are a bit better than Jon's (Undiscovered Soul is better than Destination Anywhere, while Blaze Of Glory and Stranger In This Town are on par with each other - On the whole, I prefer richie's solo efforts.)

choclady 06-04-2003 04:25 PM

i like the album, but just one thing:

i could be wrong but in parts it really does sound like oasis to me :?

Mousebounce 06-04-2003 05:27 PM

One of my favorites and underrated in my book!!!

letitrock 06-04-2003 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce

disappointed in Mrs 80 rock :(

Mousebounce 06-04-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce

disappointed in Mrs 80 rock :(

I knew you would be, but I like it..I really like it. :wink:

RichieW2001 06-04-2003 05:54 PM

not a big fan

listened to it once through and since then have only listened to janie, MIC and a a bit of Ugly

allmike 06-04-2003 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juraj
This topic was here more than hundered times. But, YES, I LOVE IT. Together with Blaze of Glory the best albums of all times.

are u sure?. You look like new to DC. And i think u didn't even visited DC for 100 times.

RichieW2001 06-04-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allmike
Quote:

Originally Posted by juraj
This topic was here more than hundered times. But, YES, I LOVE IT. Together with Blaze of Glory the best albums of all times.

are u sure?. You look like new to DC. And i think u didn't even visited DC for 100 times.

many people just read without posting.

Kathleen 06-04-2003 06:11 PM

When I first heard it I thought it was only ok. However, I am not the only one in my family and after OTHER people played it a lot, it grew on me.
Now, I enjoy most of the album. I think my first reaction was disappointment because it is not rock. As I said, I have come to appreciate and enjoy it, but I still wouldn't put it on my favorite list.

Kathleen