Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destination Anywhere (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=12162)

Jovi-obsession 06-04-2003 06:42 PM

It's not a favorite, but I still listen to it on a regular basis.

KTF!

Becky 06-04-2003 07:03 PM

I love the CD and think it's brilliant. The lyrics, vocals, and sound are great. I didn't mind that it was different because I get bored with the same things over and over again. I enjoy the narrative of Midnight in Chelsea; the introspectiveness of It's Just Me and Learning How to Fall; the smoothness of Little City. The only song I tend to skip is Janie because the title annoys me (listening to Kenny Rogers that day, Jon?). Still, I think verses of that song are wonderfully written... the chorus needed some work though.

It is among my favorites and it was nice of Jon to release it on my birthday (well, in Europe, anyway). :lol:

Becky

Rakel 06-04-2003 10:24 PM

i like destination, every word, janie, august7... it's a great album, as great as blaze of glory. i think jon does great solo albums 8)

jess 06-04-2003 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakel
i like destination, every word, janie, august7... it's a great album, as great as blaze of glory. i think jon does great solo albums 8)

each time i hear a song from DA, i would like to hear only Jon's voice without any music, I really love it.

fanatica 06-05-2003 12:07 AM

I'm nuts about Richie's solo music but not so much about Jons. I don't like Blaze of Glory that much but Destination is pretty good. Some songs are great: Queen of New Orleans, Janie, It's Just Me, Little City, and August 7th... the others I tend to skip over frequently. I can't really relate to any of it. :?

ShaSha 06-05-2003 12:29 AM

I honestly can not recall the last time I listened to a song on that album. :?
I'm not sure why but I just could never get into it at all.

allmike 06-05-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
I love the CD and think it's brilliant. The lyrics, vocals, and sound are great. I didn't mind that it was different because I get bored with the same things over and over again. I enjoy the narrative of Midnight in Chelsea; the introspectiveness of It's Just Me and Learning How to Fall; the smoothness of Little City. The only song I tend to skip is Janie because the title annoys me (listening to Kenny Rogers that day, Jon?). Still, I think verses of that song are wonderfully written... the chorus needed some work though.

It is among my favorites and it was nice of Jon to release it on my birthday (well, in Europe, anyway). :lol:

Becky

I'm with you 100%. I also do not like Jane.. and Queen of ... that much.
My fav is Defnetly Every word is .... that is some song.

My feeling is this is something Jon can be proud of ever after. Although Blaze of Glory is one my all time fav album, I love DA in very different way. It is like addiction which has no cure. I love this album more now then when it released, it is Fine wine which get better with age.

juraj 06-05-2003 03:37 PM

allmike wrote:
juraj wrote:
(This topic was here more than hundered times. But, YES, I LOVE IT. Together with Blaze of Glory the best albums of all times.

are u sure?. You look like new to DC. And i think u didn't even visited DC for 100 times.)

(many people just read without posting.)

I already answered couple of times to this topic (I dont mean Hundred times EXACTLY hundred times). I am every day at this page probably from 1998.

allmike 06-05-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juraj
allmike wrote:
juraj wrote:
(This topic was here more than hundered times. But, YES, I LOVE IT. Together with Blaze of Glory the best albums of all times.

are u sure?. You look like new to DC. And i think u didn't even visited DC for 100 times.)

(many people just read without posting.)

I already answered couple of times to this topic (I dont mean Hundred times EXACTLY hundred times). I am every day at this page probably from 1998.

I didn't know it. :oops:
Here topics keep on poping up same after some times.

Gabor. 06-05-2003 07:11 PM

This album is a masterpiece, in fact it made me a fan! Midnight In Chelsea is a bit cheesy with those sha-la-las, but I like it for personal reasons. All the other songs are great, with deep lyrics (August 7th..., Staring At Your Window...) and unusual instrumentation.