Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Edge of a broken heart (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45817)

carson 07-02-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 855806)
The boxset I have there is 4 CD's of music, a DVD and a booklet. Should be on play.com :)

whats on the dvd?

saoirse 07-02-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carson (Post 855955)
whats on the dvd?

Very random stuff for the most part. The band (mostly Jon) talking about some of the songs (inspiration behind it, why it's in the boxset, blah blah blah), bits of Access All Areas and short clips of backstage stuff.

Crushgen24/88 07-02-2008 11:52 PM

I happen to love the Box Set, it's a tremendous release.
As for the song, I think it's great, and should have made Slippery. Def. better than "Social Disease" or "Without Love" IMHO.

Sami 07-03-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saoirse (Post 855947)
It's a Slippery when Wet demo, along with Borderline, Lonely is the Night, Deep cuts the Knife, etc. It was never played live, as far as I know.

There is the SWW demo version and then there is the final version that is included at least on the box set and some versions of the Always CD single. The track was also used repeatedly as a b-side on some of the SWW /NJ singles / maxi-singles ( Wanted, I´ll Be There for You... if I remember).

EOABH was also used in an 80´s film called Disorderlies (included on the soundtrack, I suppose it wasn´t a very succesful movie, never seen it or heard about it).

It was amongst the first songs Jon & Richie wrote with Desmond.

carson 07-03-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 856063)
There is the SWW demo version and then there is the final version that is included at least on the box set and some versions of the Always CD single. The track was also used repeatedly as a b-side on some of the SWW /NJ singles / maxi-singles ( Wanted, I´ll Be There for You... if I remember).

EOABH was also used in an 80´s film called Disorderlies (included on the soundtrack, I suppose it wasn´t a very succesful movie, never seen it or heard about it).

It was amongst the first songs Jon & Richie wrote with Desmond.

oh right kool

i heard it first about 4 years ago and as you said it was on the always cd single

liljovi93 07-03-2008 07:47 PM

I like this song!
The boxset is amazing, i'd get it if i was you.

carson 07-03-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 856295)
I like this song!
The boxset is amazing, i'd get it if i was you.

yeh i really want it...but 50 quid is a bit deep, seem as though ive got all the tracks n shit...but it aint the same without all the packaging etc

its my 18th next week...ive asked for it :)

liljovi93 07-03-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carson (Post 856299)
yeh i really want it...but 50 quid is a bit deep, seem as though ive got all the tracks n shit...but it aint the same without all the packaging etc

its my 18th next week...ive asked for it :)

Oh, that's good then.
If you don't get it for your 18th, try ebay or other websites.

carson 07-03-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 856303)
Oh, that's good then.
If you don't get it for your 18th, try ebay or other websites.

just looked on ebay as it goes

i really want the tlfr cd japan version with 6 videos of some acoustic concert in japan its about 40 quid too

liljovi93 07-03-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carson (Post 856305)
just looked on ebay as it goes

i really want the tlfr cd japan version with 6 videos of some acoustic concert in japan its about 40 quid too

£40?? Wow by the sounds of it, boxset is the better option.