Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale: Album Reviews (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69748)

Jeeper 11-02-2016 09:08 PM

Every album they have released has been criticised at some point in a review.

Mick Wall once described 7800 as a "dogs dinner"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ticos_stick 11-02-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1213130)
Every album they have released has been criticised at some point in a review.

Mick Wall once described 7800 as a "dogs dinner"

7800 is a dog'a dinner [emoji1]

crashed 11-02-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1213132)

It is. It's grown on me a lot recently though lol.

Prefer it over the Bon Jovi album for sure.

Jeeper 11-02-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1213132)

He looks like he's ate his fair few.

ticos_stick 11-02-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1213133)
It is. It's grown on me a lot recently though lol.

Prefer it over the Bon Jovi album for sure.

I went through a period a few years ago of listening to it quite often. It has a kind of 80s charm about it and I agree is better than the first album but overall as an album it's pretty poor.

Didn't Tico say the album is depressing because the whole band were going through breakups at the time?

crashed 11-02-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1213135)
I went through a period a few years ago of listening to it quite often. It has a kind of 80s charm about it and I agree is better than the first album but overall as an album it's pretty poor.

Didn't Tico say the album is depressing because the whole band were going through breakups at the time?

Yeah he did, but that's where the better songwriting came out. Otherwise it would have been a rehash of Poison or something and the solid songwriting that featured in Slippery may never have happened.

Becky 11-02-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1213129)
A very objective review, I agree with 90% of it, unfortunately [emoji30]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I echo what Adam said. Tony is a great guy. I've been his friend for over 20 years and I love him dearly. But he is far from objective when it comes to Jon.

Kukoc7 11-03-2016 12:41 AM

Hallelujah!!
Finally an extremely positive review.
Cheers.
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...ack-1.12550934

(Jimmy) 11-03-2016 12:44 AM

I changed my mind about the album. It took a few spins, though. That last bonus track, Touch Of Grey is pretty good, too.

Burlhouse 11-03-2016 05:08 AM

From independent.co.uk 2/5

Bon Jovi, This House Is Not For Sale

★★☆☆ ☆

Download this: Labor Of Love; Come On Up To Our House

Despite the departure of Richie Sambora, things remain pretty much as they were with Bon Jovi thanks to the efficient but unremarkable skills of his replacement Phil X, a much-travelled journeyman guitarist who offers neither innovation nor, more importantly, significant challenge to Jon Bon Jovi’s leadership. Accordingly, the chugging riffs service bloated anthems to notions of integrity, community and hedonism couched in threadbare metaphors in which the sky has grown black, the streets are on fire, and “life ain’t a merry-go-round, it’s a rollercoaster”. Freed momentarily from emulating U2 and Springsteen stylings, X’s best moments come on “Labor Of Love”, a romantic collapse to which he lends a touch of twangsome poignancy. But the comforting simplicities peddled in tracks like “Reunion” and “Knockout” offer the rock equivalent of Donald Trump, currying favour without getting too specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk