Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why does Bon Jovi mention Brian Wilson? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53482)

wolffex 09-09-2011 12:17 AM

Why does Bon Jovi mention Brian Wilson?

Why did he mention Brian Wilson in the song Last Cigarette? What was the purpose of it, I'm trying to figure it out... Lame thread I know but I'm bored...

Seriously what beef does Bon Jovi have with Brian Wilson?

Becky 09-09-2011 01:15 AM

The sound of the song was influenced by Brian Wilson. It's a TRIBUTE, not a beef.

Javier 09-09-2011 01:39 AM

:p

Kathleen 09-09-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolffex (Post 1073368)
Why did he mention Brian Wilson in the song Last Cigarette? What was the purpose of it, I'm trying to figure it out... Lame thread I know but I'm bored...

Seriously what beef does Bon Jovi have with Brian Wilson?

As Becky said it was about the sound. Brian Wilson (and The Beach Boys) used a very tight, very smooth harmony to present their songs. One Last Cigarette uses the same type of harmony:

ticos_stick 09-09-2011 04:37 AM

It's pretty obvious why he mentioned Brian Wilson. Anyone with a thread of comprehension would understand.

Crushgen24/88 09-09-2011 06:45 AM

One of my favorite lines off of the whole HAND record.

bjcrazycpa 09-09-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1073391)
One of my favorite lines off of the whole HAND record.

And one of my favorite songs off of the HAND record. Love, love, love the rolling sound of the drums.

bounce442 09-10-2011 08:54 AM

Yeah I think it is more of a nod than anything, plus it gave them an opportunity to use their harmony skills.

B Wilson is the most brilliant musician of our lifetime (only my opinion of course). But BJ is one of the few bands that has the harmony and talent to cover a Beach Boys' song and do it justice... can you imagine Good Vibrations? Wouldn't Be Nice? God Only Knows? Or some Queen??? Don't you think that'd be awesome?

Captain_jovi 09-10-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1073449)
Yeah I think it is more of a nod than anything, plus it gave them an opportunity to use their harmony skills.

B Wilson is the most brilliant musician of our lifetime (only my opinion of course). But BJ is one of the few bands that has the harmony and talent to cover a Beach Boys' song and do it justice... can you imagine Good Vibrations? Wouldn't Be Nice? God Only Knows? Or some Queen??? Don't you think that'd be awesome?

Agreed. Random and not really related but I've always wanted to see them put Sweet's Wig Wam Bam in the Bad Medicine covers medley. I love with they do harmonies.

bounce442 09-14-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1073475)
Agreed. Random and not really related but I've always wanted to see them put Sweet's Wig Wam Bam in the Bad Medicine covers medley. I love with they do harmonies.

That song didn't ring any bells so I had to look it up... I hadn't heard THAT SONG in a while. It would work for sure in BM. Quite perfect for it really. The only problem is that it is not as well known as the other songs the stick in there... which for me is good thing.

My favorite BM medley addition to date has to be Roadhouse Blues... they really rock it out.