Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=12117)

Donna 06-03-2003 03:03 PM

This has always been a fave on mine live, epsecially when it is improvised.
Does anyone remember the awesome version they did in Munich 2001? Man! that went on forever!!

Guitar Girl 06-03-2003 03:08 PM

It's a great song, I love it! :D

Kathleen 06-03-2003 04:25 PM

I love this song. No, it was never released here in the US but once I heard it on the album I loved it. I hear the foreward looking optimism of Someday and admire it. However, my daughter (who is 14) thinks it's one of his saddest songs. Does anyone else hear this as sad? I guess I never did.

Kathleen

Captain Walrus 06-03-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
I love this song. No, it was never released here in the US but once I heard it on the album I loved it. I hear the foreward looking optimism of Someday and admire it. However, my daughter (who is 14) thinks it's one of his saddest songs. Does anyone else hear this as sad? I guess I never did.

Kathleen

Now, what was wrong with that sentence?

Keep On Rockin'

Guitar Girl 06-03-2003 04:42 PM

Quote:

"I'm only sixteen, I feel a hundred years old
My foster daddy went, took my innocence away
The street life aint much better, but at least I get paid"

I think that's sad.

Late 06-03-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Girl
Quote:

I think that's sad.

Yeh, but tis song great. :D Especially the extended live version.

Temiken 06-03-2003 05:01 PM

this song is SO uplifting and wonderful. it is a must at all concerts. if anyone hasn't heard the slow accoustic version, it's time to hunt it down and take it in. it's almost better than the rock version!

drums,

-t

Kathleen 06-03-2003 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Girl
Quote:

I think that's sad.

Yeh, but tis song great. :D Especially the extended live version.

Certainly those lines are sad but the overall message is one of optimism.
The - yes I'm down but I know I'll get by - is optimistic. The - in your face - this is my only roll of the dice and someday I'll make it - attitude is very compelling. My daughter may still be too young to appreciate that attitude.
I guess my point is that people with very different experiences might interpret this song in VERY different ways.

Kathleen

woody 06-03-2003 07:05 PM

One of my all-time favourites and live it's generally just off the page!! Brilliant!! :D

eriK 06-03-2003 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Quote:

Kathleen

Now, what was wrong with that sentence?

Keep On Rockin'

:lol: :lol: