Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Steve Perry back w/ Jouney? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=42675)

superjovi 09-26-2007 12:56 AM

Steve Perry back w/ Jouney?

hey did anybody else hear about Steve rejoining Journey for touring sometime next year? I thought i heard that on the radio. does anyone else know more about this?

ShaSha 09-26-2007 06:42 AM

This rumor started in June when Journey fired Jeff Scott Soto. People thought it was because Steve Perry was coming back, but then Steve himself made this announcement:

"It has been brought to my attention that there is a rumor circulating that I am reuniting with Journey. I want to go on record as saying that I have no such plans whatsoever to do that. What you have heard is only a rumor. I’m truly sorry for any disappointment this rumor may be causing."

I guess things could have changed in the past 3 months but I doubt it. Sadly, Steve's voice is definitely not what it used to be.

But maybe I will be proven wrong. As I've said before on this board, if they do reunite, I will be the first one in line! :mrgreen:

bjcrazycpa 09-26-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 773543)
As I've said before on this board, if they do reunite, I will be the first one in line! :mrgreen:

I'll be right behind you in line!!

deb

SamboraQueen21 09-27-2007 02:33 AM

I would be super surprised if it happened but if it did it would be awesome to see "The Voice".

smelltheglove 10-15-2007 06:28 AM

As far as i know they're recruiting arnel pineda of "the Zoo" band look them up on youtube he does have an amzing voice but rumours are rumours!

vhfan 11-07-2007 01:19 AM

Perry said he would never play with journey again after they started recording with another singer. But never say never but I don't think it will happen. I think if Journey gets another new singer they are finished. The best move for them would to get Steve Aguleira back.

born_to_run 11-25-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smelltheglove (Post 776182)
As far as i know they're recruiting arnel pineda of "the Zoo" band look them up on youtube he does have an amzing voice but rumours are rumours!

Seems that is true. Perry wont come back (sadl). I thought Soto was great with Journey and gave them a kick in the butt but it seems they are looking for a Perry-clone which JSS wasnt!

born_to_run 11-25-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 773543)
Sadly, Steve's voice is definitely not what it used to be.

So he sang exclusively for you ? Stop being a smartass ! Noone heard him sing for 10 years so stop making silly comments about his voice

vhfan 11-25-2007 04:51 PM

Isn't he recording now?

born_to_run 11-25-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhfan (Post 788038)
Isn't he recording now?

There are rumours he might retrun to making music