Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Alphavictim 02-19-2024 03:09 PM

IMO JBJ's vocal peak was the Cross Road era. On the TD tour, he sounded slightly worse than before (wasn't it around this time that he started smoking too?), and for Destination Anywhere, he even sorta admitted as much and went for a vocal range that better fit his natural range.

That didn't quite work, so back to the stratosphere again for Crush it was. He sounded slightly worse yet again, although still powerful, still singing outside his comfortable reach. But he had hits! Everybody on this board complained about how terrible his voice had gotten at that point; or at the very latest, did so during the Bounce tour.

Alphavictim 02-23-2024 12:03 AM

Using this thread...

I realized that the only copy of KTF I have is a super beat up second hand copy of the European release (so including Save A Prayer). I know that my dad has a weird white tray faux 2CD-version (regular one CD version, but the jewel case is for 2 CDs?). Was there ever a 2CD version of KTF? Are there any noteworthy, particularly worthwhile releases? With SWW and NJ it's obvious that they got enhanced rereleases with bonus stuff, but I don't know about KTF

blazeofglory 02-23-2024 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1288182)
Using this thread...

I realized that the only copy of KTF I have is a super beat up second hand copy of the European release (so including Save A Prayer). I know that my dad has a weird white tray faux 2CD-version (regular one CD version, but the jewel case is for 2 CDs?). Was there ever a 2CD version of KTF? Are there any noteworthy, particularly worthwhile releases? With SWW and NJ it's obvious that they got enhanced rereleases with bonus stuff, but I don't know about KTF

Just looking at the versions available on Discogs there were 2CD releases in Europe, Canada and Japan that had 7 (Japan) or 8 (Europe & Canada) live tracks on the second CD in 1993. Spain even got a 3CD version with 4 acoustic tracks on the third CD. Japan got another 2CD version in 1998 featuring live tracks, the bonus tracks (so Save A Prayer and Starting All Over Again) and Cama De Rosas on the second CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovi98 02-23-2024 01:29 PM

In my opinion it's Probably one of the better songs of the THINFS album and also the live performance was very enjoyable.

I can't understand why they played it only a couple of times live...

What do you think about the live version of Born Again Tomorrow?

Butters 02-23-2024 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1288189)
Bon Jovi - Tidal Show - Born Again Tomorrow - YouTube

Musically, I like it, but I can't listen to it because of how bad Jon sounds.

Logan72 02-23-2024 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1288129)
IMO JBJ's vocal peak was the Cross Road era. On the TD tour, he sounded slightly worse than before (wasn't it around this time that he started smoking too?), and for Destination Anywhere, he even sorta admitted as much and went for a vocal range that better fit his natural range.

That didn't quite work, so back to the stratosphere again for Crush it was. He sounded slightly worse yet again, although still powerful, still singing outside his comfortable reach. But he had hits! Everybody on this board complained about how terrible his voice had gotten at that point; or at the very latest, did so during the Bounce tour.

I agree that the mid 90s was his peak and I do think he carried it well past 2000 too - his performances on the crush tour were very good and I don't think anyone was predicting that he'd barely have another 10 years of quality live stadium singing in him even around HAND. Like I say though, in 95-96 it was effortless and he knew what and what not to do. Always at Wembley was the best version for me and then when you watch the live video it's like he barely has to think about it. He was the man - and had that same aura of 'look how easy this is and how powerful my voice is' that I used to think when watching Michael Hutchence too.

Alphavictim 02-23-2024 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1288183)
Just looking at the versions available on Discogs there were 2CD releases in Europe, Canada and Japan that had 7 (Japan) or 8 (Europe & Canada) live tracks on the second CD in 1993. Spain even got a 3CD version with 4 acoustic tracks on the third CD. Japan got another 2CD version in 1998 featuring live tracks, the bonus tracks (so Save A Prayer and Starting All Over Again) and Cama De Rosas on the second CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm might go for the Japanese 1998 copy then. Thanks!

Nige 02-24-2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1288189)
Bon Jovi - Tidal Show - Born Again Tomorrow - YouTube

In my opinion it's Probably one of the better songs of the THINFS album and also the live performance was very enjoyable.

I can't understand why they played it only a couple of times live...

Polar opposite for me - really really hate it. One of the worst songs in the entire catalogue to my ears. Live version not an improvement.

Supersonic 02-24-2024 02:06 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan72 (Post 1288199)
Like I say though, in 95-96 it was effortless and he knew what and what not to do. Always at Wembley was the best version for me and then when you watch the live video it's like he barely has to think about it. He was the man - and had that same aura of 'look how easy this is and how powerful my voice is' that I used to think when watching Michael Hutchence too.

Jon Bon Jovi damaged his voice during your effortless performance. He became raspy an hour into the show. There's a reason why none of that showed up on the initial TV broadcast and eventual VHS. Fans saying 1995-1996 was effortless really should listen to more bootlegs.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

nikos greece 02-24-2024 02:44 PM

Always is a really tough song to sing..

On another note i still have hope we ll eventually get a couple of unreleased pro shots remastered live videos from the 90s