Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   JBJ Q&A Event 21-11-22 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70980)

liljovi93 11-21-2022 03:46 PM

Any idea what time this will be?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

nikos greece 11-21-2022 06:04 PM

how come there is nt any info about the q & a in the experience?

Dicanio 11-22-2022 01:16 AM

Same old peeps got to ask their questions including Jerry. Theres a bunch of stuff of what was discussed on Twitter.

No plans to tour….

cqleonardo 11-22-2022 01:20 AM

kind of a bummer that, allegedly, there are no plans for a tour next year
don't care how he sounds, I just want to see them live so bad

angelsambo 11-22-2022 01:26 AM

from jerry:

''JBJ announced on the Q&A tonight that there’s no plans to tour, but a lot is “in the works” to celebrate 40 years. JBJ mentioned he’s found so many cool things he can’t wait to share from the archives! A major documentary will be coming!''

''I got to ask Jon a question tonight on the Q&A! I asked: What song became an outtake that you wish you would’ve put on an album?
He said: He recently found a song called All in the Name of Love deep in the archives and completely fell in love with it! He’s excited to share it!''

''Joey wasn’t written specifically about a person, just certain lines. About a friend (who he still talks to) that grew up as a shadow. But the restaurant and family was an added fictional story.''

''JON MENTIONED HE’S BEEN WRITING NEW SONGS!!!!!
There’s about 6 songs he’s been writing & playing with and a few other collaborations!
Could potentially be a new album & is very pleased with what he’s been working on!''

StickToYourGuns45 11-22-2022 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1283336)
from jerry:

''JBJ announced on the Q&A tonight that there’s no plans to tour, but a lot is “in the works” to celebrate 40 years. JBJ mentioned he’s found so many cool things he can’t wait to share from the archives! A major documentary will be coming!''

''I got to ask Jon a question tonight on the Q&A! I asked: What song became an outtake that you wish you would’ve put on an album?
He said: He recently found a song called All in the Name of Love deep in the archives and completely fell in love with it! He’s excited to share it!''

''Joey wasn’t written specifically about a person, just certain lines. About a friend (who he still talks to) that grew up as a shadow. But the restaurant and family was an added fictional story.''

''JON MENTIONED HE’S BEEN WRITING NEW SONGS!!!!!
There’s about 6 songs he’s been writing & playing with and a few other collaborations!
Could potentially be a new album & is very pleased with what he’s been working on!''

To be fair to Jerry, his was probably the best question of the lot. Some notes I took:

There is lots in the works for the 40th Anniversary. They have 40-50 unreleased songs they have found in the archives that will form the boxset. There is also a documentary in the works.

Jon has found demos of songs that will also be shared, e.g. Wanted demo, I think he said Runaway demo too and something about Prayer. He mentioned songs recorded by his original band, i think this may have been the Runaway demo.

The vault will be opened and it will be a mix of digital and physical content. Said the physical will be something you can visit. Things included will be unheard recordings, song notes, lyric sheets, clothing, tour info, concert recordings etc.

The vaults will have hundreds of concert recordings available.

As Jerry said, Jon came across a song called ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE, and he thinks it would have been a big song for its era. Didn't elaborate further.

Jon has tracked down his first electric guitar and has written a song about/with it.

Jon has been writing lots, has 1/2 a dozen songs hes written that hes really happy with, 1/2 a dozen collaborations hes happy with and will be writing a lot more to fill an album.

Would love to do collaborations with Bruce, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan and Damien Rice, but said it is very intimidating.

I thought his sign off was interesting, he sounded genuine and said: Big Big things on the horizon, hes currently writing lots and is trying to get healthy. His heart is in it. I read the trying to get healthy as working on his voice, as he looks to be in great shape.

He was in a relaxed mood and generally seemed happy.

Someone towards the end asked if he had to make a setlist with one song from every album, what would it look like. He tried to answer, but couldn't remember the album order or songs on albums, but mentioned:
Let It Rain/American Reckoning
This House Is Not For Sale
Wanted and Bad Medicine

Captain_jovi 11-22-2022 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1283337)
To be fair to Jerry, his was probably the best question of the lot. Some notes I took:

There is lots in the works for the 40th Anniversary. They have 40-50 unreleased songs they have found in the archives that will form the boxset. There is also a documentary in the works.

Jon has found demos of songs that will also be shared, e.g. Wanted demo, I think he said Runaway demo too and something about Prayer. He mentioned songs recorded by his original band, i think this may have been the Runaway demo.

The vault will be opened and it will be a mix of digital and physical content. Said the physical will be something you can visit. Things included will be unheard recordings, song notes, lyric sheets, clothing, tour info, concert recordings etc.

As Jerry said, Jon came across a song called ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE, and he thinks it would have been a big song for its era. Didn't elaborate further.

Jon has tracked down his first electric guitar and has written a song about/with it.

Jon has been writing lots, has 1/2 a dozen songs hes written that hes really happy with, 1/2 a dozen collaborations hes happy with and will be writing a lot more to fill an album.

Would love to do collaborations with Bruce, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan and Damien Rice, but said it is very intimidating.

I thought his sign off was interesting, he sounded genuine and said: Big Big things on the horizon, hes currently writing lots and is trying to get healthy. His heart is in it. I read the trying to get healthy as working on his voice, as he looks to be in great shape.

Someone towards the end asked if he had to make a setlist with one song from every album, what would it look like. He tried to answer, but couldn't remember the album order or songs on albums, but mentioned:
Wanted and Bad Medicine

Thanks for assembling this. Lots for me to get excited over here.

liljovi93 11-22-2022 07:36 AM

Some exciting stuff.

Quite glad that we have no tour, personally. I'd still go of course but at least Jon isn't just cashing in on a cheque which is what we've all said about him for the last decade or two. Hopefully he is trying to get some sort of help. I'd have liked someone to ask about the scar but highly unlikely.

40-50 songs for a new box set is nice.

New album is always welcoming. Hopefully it's an improvement to 2020 as I wasn't too big of a fan.

Interesting about the staying healthy thing. I mean, yeah, I get it as he's 60 now but I do imagine there's an underlying meaning to that too.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 11-22-2022 08:28 AM

Still think Jerrys question was obviously agreed before hand.

Thing is Jon said 2 years ago he had a ton of interesting stuff to share...and has delivered nothing unless tacky boxsets are what you like. Theras been no demos, no rare tracks- nothing.

Hoping the boxset is physical release but they cost money and no ones buying bon jovi albums anymore let alone boxsets.

I guess no tour blows the Richie returns theory out the water - unless Jon has just said that so we all go thats a ahame then they announce reunion gig.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

SuperBrad 11-22-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1283337)

Wanted and Bad Medicine

Thanks heaps for this summary;) ….. very excited about 40-50 songs found in the vault ! Glad they are not touring.