Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   JBJ Q&A Event 21-11-22 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70980)

Nige 11-15-2022 10:42 AM

JBJ Q&A Event 21-11-22

There is a Q&A event for Experience members on 21st Nov...hopefully there will be some news about next years activities.

Butters 11-15-2022 06:37 PM

I hope somebody has the courage to ask him about the state of his voice.

BJFan2021 11-15-2022 09:20 PM

Hope someone also asks about the 2023 box set, and remind him about Cadillac Man!

Dicanio 11-16-2022 12:41 AM

No doubt there will be exclusive news about the wine brand as most backstage questions will actually be comments about how Hampton Water is the best wine ever ever ever!

Rdkopper 11-16-2022 01:32 AM

I hope someone seriously asks Jon, WTF happened to The Experience? And why what was advertised wasn't delivered?

Ironic that Jon just happens to do a Q&A on The Experience, around the same time most memberships expire. Jon's pretty much ignored this thing for two years and now all of a sudden he shows up for a Q&A.

Don't fall for it people. It's a scam

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

StickToYourGuns45 11-16-2022 01:52 AM

I'll be attending and will do my best to ask some of these questions.

Javier 11-16-2022 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1283279)
I'll be attending and will do my best to ask some of these questions.

Good luck!! From what I've gathered the questions are carefully chosen and approved by staff before Jon arrives and the Q&A starts....

bonjovi90 11-16-2022 06:59 AM

It'll probably be the same kind of questions from the same pool of people that are always chosen for this :rolleyes:

liljovi93 11-16-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1283282)
It'll probably be the same kind of questions from the same pool of people that are always chosen for this :rolleyes:

Was about to say the same thing. It'll be the same people chosen. With the same shit questions. Not expecting much from this.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Roll 11-16-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1283276)
No doubt there will be exclusive news about the wine brand as most backstage questions will actually be comments about how Hampton Water is the best wine ever ever ever!

Rosé wine is a ****ing disgrace. Moreover, Hampton Waters is not a very good one. I tasted it of course.

Roll 11-16-2022 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1283282)

That will obviously be the case. And I'm quite sure that even when interviewed by professional media, there's a no question list on which features the voice issue.

semigoodlooking 11-16-2022 03:53 PM

I remember reading an article years ago where the journalist said Jon had a no nudity contract that he would circulate even before attending public events. I don't remember the details other than it was something like "should nudity occur" and that the journalist said this was a rare thing, even for mega celebrities. Hopefully I am not misremembering.

If someone is that guarded they will not be allowing controversial questions at a Q&A they are organizing.

rolo_tomachi 11-16-2022 07:49 PM

I suppose he will talk about the fantastic surprises that there will be in JBJ Experience in 2023... maybe he will hint at something cool, but then it will be another disappointment.

And of course, Jerry will be on the front line asking some questions.

Butters 11-16-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1283289)
I remember reading an article years ago where the journalist said Jon had a no nudity contract that he would circulate even before attending public events. I don't remember the details other than it was something like "should nudity occur" and that the journalist said this was a rare thing, even for mega celebrities. Hopefully I am not misremembering.

If someone is that guarded they will not be allowing controversial questions at a Q&A they are organizing.

Nudity? I'm so confused.

Thinny 11-16-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1283291)
Nudity? I'm so confused.

Oh good! I thought it was just me...! :mrgreen:

Rdkopper 11-18-2022 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1283292)
Oh good! I thought it was just me...! :mrgreen:

Me Too.

steel_horse75 11-19-2022 02:49 PM

I bet no ones allowed to ask about Richie and of course Jerry the jelly will be at the front with his pre-loaded questioned answered.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 11-21-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1283291)
Nudity? I'm so confused.

Confused about the word nudity, or about the story?

I presume the latter. The problem is it was years ago and I am not willing to spend even a minute on Google looking for it. Let's just say I used to do many things that fog the mind, but my memory for general things is pretty good. Although, the details sometimes get me.

This is what I remember: Jon was doing a pre-planned interview with a journalist (in print) and that journalist received a contract saying something along the lines of "if nudity occurs during the course of the photo session, the publication has no rights to those images".

The journalist also suggested this contract is also sent to photographers at public events Jon attends. I think he must have been afraid of his dick popping out or something, who knows. The journalist framed it as a request/thing they had never seen before from other celebrities.

My point was simply that if Jon is so paranoid then he is not going to permit challenging questions at an event he is organising. Now, I admit maybe I am making all this up (drugs are a hell of a drug) but I don't think I am. In fact, I kind of wish I am making it up.

If it turns out I am incorrect, I will delete this post and confess my insignificance.

rolo_tomachi 11-21-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1283324)
Confused about the word nudity, or about the story?

I presume the latter. The problem is it was years ago and I am not willing to spend even a minute on Google looking for it. Let's just say I used to do many things that fog the mind, but my memory for general things is pretty good. Although, the details sometimes get me.

This is what I remember: Jon was doing a pre-planned interview with a journalist (in print) and that journalist received a contract saying something along the lines of "if nudity occurs during the course of the photo session, the publication has no rights to those images".

The journalist also suggested this contract is also sent to photographers at public events Jon attends. I think he must have been afraid of his dick popping out or something, who knows. The journalist framed it as a request/thing they had never seen before from other celebrities.

My point was simply that if Jon is so paranoid then he is not going to permit challenging questions at an event he is organising. Now, I admit maybe I am making all this up (drugs are a hell of a drug) but I don't think I am. In fact, I kind of wish I am making it up.

If it turns out I am incorrect, I will delete this post and confess my insignificance.

If we are talking about an interview for a magazine or similar, perhaps that interview includes a photo session with said artist in the hotel or place where all this takes place.

Sometimes there are changes of clothes, like a jacket, a shirt, jeans and things like that... maybe for commercial reasons or just to use a more formal photograph.

The point is that sometimes the photographer could take a shot of Jon when he is changing a simple shirt, and then publish or filter it. So I guess this clause refer to avoiding all this.

blazeofglory 11-21-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1283324)

I find it rather surprising that that's apparently such a rare thing for celebrities to do. I would've expected that a lot of them have contracts/clauses in place that prevent people from publishing non-consensual nude pictures of them.

liljovi93 11-21-2022 03:46 PM

Any idea what time this will be?

nikos greece 11-21-2022 06:04 PM

how come there is nt any info about the q & a in the experience?

Dicanio 11-22-2022 01:16 AM

Same old peeps got to ask their questions including Jerry. Theres a bunch of stuff of what was discussed on Twitter.

No plans to tour….

cqleonardo 11-22-2022 01:20 AM

kind of a bummer that, allegedly, there are no plans for a tour next year
don't care how he sounds, I just want to see them live so bad

angelsambo 11-22-2022 01:26 AM

from jerry:

''JBJ announced on the Q&A tonight that there’s no plans to tour, but a lot is “in the works” to celebrate 40 years. JBJ mentioned he’s found so many cool things he can’t wait to share from the archives! A major documentary will be coming!''

''I got to ask Jon a question tonight on the Q&A! I asked: What song became an outtake that you wish you would’ve put on an album?
He said: He recently found a song called All in the Name of Love deep in the archives and completely fell in love with it! He’s excited to share it!''

''Joey wasn’t written specifically about a person, just certain lines. About a friend (who he still talks to) that grew up as a shadow. But the restaurant and family was an added fictional story.''

''JON MENTIONED HE’S BEEN WRITING NEW SONGS!!!!!
There’s about 6 songs he’s been writing & playing with and a few other collaborations!
Could potentially be a new album & is very pleased with what he’s been working on!''

StickToYourGuns45 11-22-2022 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1283336)
from jerry:

''JBJ announced on the Q&A tonight that there’s no plans to tour, but a lot is “in the works” to celebrate 40 years. JBJ mentioned he’s found so many cool things he can’t wait to share from the archives! A major documentary will be coming!''

''I got to ask Jon a question tonight on the Q&A! I asked: What song became an outtake that you wish you would’ve put on an album?
He said: He recently found a song called All in the Name of Love deep in the archives and completely fell in love with it! He’s excited to share it!''

''Joey wasn’t written specifically about a person, just certain lines. About a friend (who he still talks to) that grew up as a shadow. But the restaurant and family was an added fictional story.''

''JON MENTIONED HE’S BEEN WRITING NEW SONGS!!!!!
There’s about 6 songs he’s been writing & playing with and a few other collaborations!
Could potentially be a new album & is very pleased with what he’s been working on!''

To be fair to Jerry, his was probably the best question of the lot. Some notes I took:

There is lots in the works for the 40th Anniversary. They have 40-50 unreleased songs they have found in the archives that will form the boxset. There is also a documentary in the works.

Jon has found demos of songs that will also be shared, e.g. Wanted demo, I think he said Runaway demo too and something about Prayer. He mentioned songs recorded by his original band, i think this may have been the Runaway demo.

The vault will be opened and it will be a mix of digital and physical content. Said the physical will be something you can visit. Things included will be unheard recordings, song notes, lyric sheets, clothing, tour info, concert recordings etc.

The vaults will have hundreds of concert recordings available.

As Jerry said, Jon came across a song called ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE, and he thinks it would have been a big song for its era. Didn't elaborate further.

Jon has tracked down his first electric guitar and has written a song about/with it.

Jon has been writing lots, has 1/2 a dozen songs hes written that hes really happy with, 1/2 a dozen collaborations hes happy with and will be writing a lot more to fill an album.

Would love to do collaborations with Bruce, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan and Damien Rice, but said it is very intimidating.

I thought his sign off was interesting, he sounded genuine and said: Big Big things on the horizon, hes currently writing lots and is trying to get healthy. His heart is in it. I read the trying to get healthy as working on his voice, as he looks to be in great shape.

He was in a relaxed mood and generally seemed happy.

Someone towards the end asked if he had to make a setlist with one song from every album, what would it look like. He tried to answer, but couldn't remember the album order or songs on albums, but mentioned:
Let It Rain/American Reckoning
This House Is Not For Sale
Wanted and Bad Medicine

Captain_jovi 11-22-2022 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1283337)
To be fair to Jerry, his was probably the best question of the lot. Some notes I took:

There is lots in the works for the 40th Anniversary. They have 40-50 unreleased songs they have found in the archives that will form the boxset. There is also a documentary in the works.

Jon has found demos of songs that will also be shared, e.g. Wanted demo, I think he said Runaway demo too and something about Prayer. He mentioned songs recorded by his original band, i think this may have been the Runaway demo.

The vault will be opened and it will be a mix of digital and physical content. Said the physical will be something you can visit. Things included will be unheard recordings, song notes, lyric sheets, clothing, tour info, concert recordings etc.

As Jerry said, Jon came across a song called ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE, and he thinks it would have been a big song for its era. Didn't elaborate further.

Jon has tracked down his first electric guitar and has written a song about/with it.

Jon has been writing lots, has 1/2 a dozen songs hes written that hes really happy with, 1/2 a dozen collaborations hes happy with and will be writing a lot more to fill an album.

Would love to do collaborations with Bruce, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan and Damien Rice, but said it is very intimidating.

I thought his sign off was interesting, he sounded genuine and said: Big Big things on the horizon, hes currently writing lots and is trying to get healthy. His heart is in it. I read the trying to get healthy as working on his voice, as he looks to be in great shape.

Someone towards the end asked if he had to make a setlist with one song from every album, what would it look like. He tried to answer, but couldn't remember the album order or songs on albums, but mentioned:
Wanted and Bad Medicine

Thanks for assembling this. Lots for me to get excited over here.

liljovi93 11-22-2022 07:36 AM

Some exciting stuff.

Quite glad that we have no tour, personally. I'd still go of course but at least Jon isn't just cashing in on a cheque which is what we've all said about him for the last decade or two. Hopefully he is trying to get some sort of help. I'd have liked someone to ask about the scar but highly unlikely.

40-50 songs for a new box set is nice.

New album is always welcoming. Hopefully it's an improvement to 2020 as I wasn't too big of a fan.

Interesting about the staying healthy thing. I mean, yeah, I get it as he's 60 now but I do imagine there's an underlying meaning to that too.

steel_horse75 11-22-2022 08:28 AM

Still think Jerrys question was obviously agreed before hand.

Thing is Jon said 2 years ago he had a ton of interesting stuff to share...and has delivered nothing unless tacky boxsets are what you like. Theras been no demos, no rare tracks- nothing.

Hoping the boxset is physical release but they cost money and no ones buying bon jovi albums anymore let alone boxsets.

I guess no tour blows the Richie returns theory out the water - unless Jon has just said that so we all go thats a ahame then they announce reunion gig.

SuperBrad 11-22-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1283337)

Wanted and Bad Medicine

Thanks heaps for this summary;) ….. very excited about 40-50 songs found in the vault ! Glad they are not touring.

Nige 11-22-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1283336)
from jerry:

He said: He recently found a song called All in the Name of Love deep in the archives and completely fell in love with it! He’s excited to share it!'''

This one?

Captain_jovi 11-22-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1283340)
Still think Jerrys question was obviously agreed before hand.

Thing is Jon said 2 years ago he had a ton of interesting stuff to share...and has delivered nothing unless tacky boxsets are what you like. Theras been no demos, no rare tracks- nothing.

Hoping the boxset is physical release but they cost money and no ones buying bon jovi albums anymore let alone boxsets.

I guess no tour blows the Richie returns theory out the water - unless Jon has just said that so we all go thats a ahame then they announce reunion gig.

I mean clearly they were waiting until the 40th to put it all out. To me, putting out 40-50 unreleased songs from every era is the exact opposite of the word tacky.

I think you're bang on that there's going to be a tour and if Richie is involved they're not ready to announce anything yet. Or maybe it already fell apart...

Thinny 11-22-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1283343)
I think you're bang on that there's going to be a tour and if Richie is involved they're not ready to announce anything yet. Or maybe it already fell apart...

Could just be that Richie has been talking to them about the Box Set, rather than a tour. Which is fine with me. If I had to choose between a tour with Richie, or a Box Set that included Richie - at this stage, I'd go for the box set.

blazeofglory 11-22-2022 10:31 AM

I imagine that IF they were planning a tour, and especially a reunion tour with Richie, they would probably want to announce it differently and they might also not want to say anything about it until everything’s 100% set.

That aside it sounds like there’s a bunch of really nice stuff coming if they actually deliver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikos greece 11-22-2022 10:56 AM

agree... i hope sth is in the works with richie and probably want to announce it in a big way...
good news... when can we watch it? its not available in the experience yeet...

i hope jon tries to write a song or 2 with Richie...this is where they should focus imo. if sth nice comes out great, if it wont work noone will know

Rdkopper 11-22-2022 11:00 AM

Maybe Jon's voice just isn't physically ready for a tour. I'm sure he needs to be extremely careful with his return time especially if he wants to try to get another 10/15 years out if it.

I'm looking forward to the Box. Anyone ask about a released date?

BJFan99 11-22-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1283347)
Maybe Jon's voice just isn't physically ready for a tour. I'm sure he needs to be extremely careful with his return time especially if he wants to try to get another 10/15 years out if it.

I'm looking forward to the Box. Anyone ask about a released date?

There's no way Jon will be able to continue for even 5 years at this point, let alone 10-15. He truly has no voice left.

steel_horse75 11-22-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1283343)
I mean clearly they were waiting until the 40th to put it all out. To me, putting out 40-50 unreleased songs from every era is the exact opposite of the word tacky.

I just dont know why he hasnt even released 1 unreleased track on the JBJ experience.
Not a live version of a song weve all heard 100 times.
Clearly oven mits are the way to go!

steel_horse75 11-22-2022 11:50 AM

Id prefer to see a Jon and Richie accoustic tour in small theatres than a stadium tour where jons voice is shot after 3 songs

rolo_tomachi 11-22-2022 12:50 PM

It's fantastic news, so the box set will be a real thing, (and a physical one I imagine).

Having hundreds of live shows from the vault... wow, I expect a digital site like Pearl Jam Deep or Live Metallica... traveling to all their tours.

Also happy with the new record, Jon always puts a some of gems on the albums.

Some questions:

About the release dates... Did Jon mention anything? Will it be in spring/summer or will we have to wait for fall 2023?

About the tour... maybe they have some logistical problem or whatever... and could they go in 2024?

Anyway, once they release the documentary and the box set, will they have to do some shows to promote the thing, even if it's just a couple of shows, (maybe 4 nights). If this is right, Jon would not be lying, since he said that there would not be a tour, but at no time did he say that they would not do any specific show. Richie could join those promotional shows.

I always liked the idea of ​​them releasing the anniversary box set first in 2023 along with the documentary. This is how they repair their reputation a bit due to the bad press from the 2022 shows. Once people are celebrating their career with the documentary and the fans with the box set, it would be great to launcha new album in 2024 with a international (and limited) tour only in stadiums.

After all this, Jon could test the waters with a solo record, and do a little more intimate tour, including some acoustic shows.
I would bet on something like that. And if in 2034 they are still alive, and they can come together to play, then do one last dance.