Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I wish I could Like Captain Crash but....... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=1857)

Ride Cowboy Ride 09-21-2002 01:16 AM

I wish I could Like Captain Crash but.......

I really like this song its so catchy, but the thing that annoys me about it that all the great parts of the song aren't Jon or Richie's doing its Noel Gallagher. For those people who don't know the song listen or download the song "Stay Young" by Oasis fist released as a B side in 1997. The songs are virtually identical

Mr Bluesman 09-21-2002 11:46 AM

I wouldn't say that they're vitually identical, infact if you hadn't posted this then I wouldn't have ever thought they were remotly similar.

littlebitofsoul 09-21-2002 07:54 PM

Re:

I hardly think that Bon Jovi would be inspired by Oasis!!!
The other way round I think!

Martin 09-21-2002 07:57 PM

cpt crash is a mixture between that oasis thing and ziggy stardust- jon said that in an interview...

jbjrsdc 09-21-2002 08:55 PM

Bon Jovi is my favorite band of all time.
Oasis is the band I dislike most in all of music.
Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars is my favorite song on Crush.

I've never heard the Oasis song being spoke of in this thread; I hope I neve hear it or any other Oasis song again in my life.

Jon Bon Jovi is the greatest singer of all time.
Jon Bon Jovi is the greatest songwriter of all time.

Noel Gallagher is the worst singer of all time.
Noel Gallgher is the worst songwriter of all time.

maybe the oasis songs I've heard wouldn't be so annoying if the guy could acutally sing I don't know. what a whiney sounding voice.

Comparing Bon Jovi to the likes of Oasis or Joan Osbourne , give me a break.

I read a fair share of posts saying a certain Bon Jovi song sounds like this other artist. Fact of the matter is nobody does anything better than Bon Jovi.

Mongoose 09-21-2002 09:40 PM

Down With Oasis - Jayne Middlemiss called them the Greatest Rock And Roll Band Alive - err I didnt even know Oasis were rock n' roll never mind remotely good

Daleo 09-21-2002 11:12 PM

Howdy!

I thought Jon said Captain Crash was a mix of Thin Lizzy and Ziggy Stardust? Oh well....

Anyway, I think that the main reason people compare these songs cos of the chord progressions. There's loads of songs that have the C, F, G chords like that, and it just makes it sound similar, same with the Joan Osborne thing. Anyway, can't imagine Oasis singing bout Captain Crash, not likely me thinks....

Daleo

krb102 09-21-2002 11:51 PM

The choruses of both songs have nearly exactly the same melody, and the word 'invincible' is sung in exactly the same position. I think the people are saying that it doesn't sound anything like Stay Young know for a fact that it does, because it is impossible to say that it isnt just a little bit similar. By saying it is not at all similar is just a joke.

MewFan 09-22-2002 02:36 PM

I think both songs and both bands are pretty cool and you're right they ARE very similar but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I don't think that BJ is trying to rip off Oasis even though Jon has expressed admiration for Oasis and Noel Gallagher in a radio interview once.

Gabor. 09-22-2002 07:23 PM

I have never heard that Oasis song (thank God) but I love Capt Crash.
You know what's interesting? People make negative comments when a Bon Jovi song is similar to an Oasis one. But why no one ever realizes that Oasis has never done anything original?! They are copying the Beatles all the time and still every music critic adores them!!! That's disgusting.
BTW, Capt Crash reminds me of an old Paul McCartney song, Magneto And Titanium Man. It's not the same but it has a similar stlye. But I don't mind it, 'cos I really like this happy/funny/pop/rock stuff :D