Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Lifehouse anyone?? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30160)

Javier 04-21-2005 04:53 AM

Lifehouse anyone??

I just got their new selftitled album, and I really like it, I didn't know about this record and having been a fan of their last 2 albums I decided to get it as soon as I saw it in the stores. It sounds great, it's the typical sound from them kind of soft rock but it sounds so great.
It has me in kind of a romantic melancholy mood. :roll:

RyanBounce04 04-21-2005 05:22 AM

Re: Lifehouse anyone??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier
I just got their new selftitled album, and I really like it, I didn't know about this record and having been a fan of their last 2 albums I decided to get it as soon as I saw it in the stores. It sounds great, it's the typical sound from them kind of soft rock but it sounds so great.
It has me in kind of a romantic melancholy mood. :roll:

Got all three albums... All when they came out on the first day too... Great band! Though their new album is lacking some rock n roll and the backup guitarist! :x

Ryan

Javier 04-21-2005 05:32 AM

Yeah lol it is a bit on the melow side but when I hear how good the songs are written I don't seem to mind that much.
It also may be that I'm in that damn romantic melancholy mood I hate.

Supersonic 04-21-2005 07:17 AM

Aloha !

Overproduced crap albums.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Living_on_my_Hair 04-21-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

wrong.

Quote:

It has me in kind of a romantic melancholy mood.
Used to love this band, but think i'm growing outta that stage of my life at the moment.. the whole goo goo dolls, Mb20, 3DD type of radio-rock sound. Still a great band, had the pleasure of meeting Jason when he was over here, hes cool.
Their first album still gets more airplay on my cd player than crush,bounce,TLFR and OWN combined.

andi

Mr Bluesman 04-21-2005 10:42 PM

I've got No Name Face and love it. Not played it for ages, but Hanging By A Moment comes up on my playlist from time to time.

Supersonic 04-21-2005 10:51 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair
Quote:

wrong.

Right. A few songs of them sound good but because of the many guitar layers they've got (which they can't reproduce live because they're a shitty live band) the rest of their songs sound forced and overproduced. If they'd put a few acoustic guitars in their songs it would sound a lot better. It's what a lot of bands do. Putting many guitars in one song to make it sound heavy, something that most of the time just doesn't work when not being done right.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Javier 04-22-2005 02:19 AM

the new one has accoustics on almos every song.

~River of Love~ 04-27-2005 09:03 PM

I have been fan of Lifehouse from their album No name face, which is THE BEST ALBUM that I have. I like their songs very much becouse each song has its own story, and I can find myself in lyrics. Jason is an excelent singer and writer.
I thing they should do more rock songs, but this new are also great. :wink:

Javier 04-28-2005 02:48 PM

Just wondering, why is the fat guy no longer in the band.??
I think he was keeping the band real imo, did he quit get fired or what??