Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Upset? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49301)

Supersonic 10-25-2009 12:24 PM

Upset? Post your comments on this site and facebook account!

Aloha !

Join the group on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Bo....2237157501..1

http://www.bonjovi-live.com/

Want to be on this page as well? Then send an e-mail to:

jonbonjovidisgustsme@hotmail.com

and include the following;

1. What tickets did you buy or wanted to buy, how much they cost.
2. Your name (I don't need your last name)
3. A short (as in a maximum of 5 lines) reason why you're so upset.

Example:
1. I wanted to buy tickets for the pit, they cost me 200BP per ticket so I didn't buy them.
2. Sebastiaan
3. I can't believe prices are this outrageous. I've been a Bon Jovi fan for many years now and this will be the first UK tour I will skip. I can't believe how Jon sings about working for the working man yet dares to sing the same song for people that will have to spend a monthly paycheck to see Bon Jovi.

If I get more than 20 e-mails I will post these on a website and will send the link out to many newspapers including the Sun and the dailymail.

If anyone wonders if it's fine by me to post this message on Backstage; go ahead. Everyone's allowed to send in their irritations, and I will make sure Bon Jovi, Backstage and our beloved friend Obie will hear from this. I've managed to reach BJM before.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jess 10-25-2009 12:35 PM

I can't play, or i will if they announce something crazy for Paris ...
But seriously it is a good idea !!!

Jim Bon Jovi 10-25-2009 12:46 PM

done :-).......

Supersonic 10-25-2009 01:15 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 950182)
done :-).......

Good, good. I'm starting to receive the e-mails now and am adding them to the site. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

DryCounty 10-25-2009 01:18 PM

Done to !

What site are you adding till ?

Supersonic 10-25-2009 01:20 PM

Aloha !

People, I've also created a facebook page now:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 950204)
Done to !

What site are you adding till ?

www.bonjovi-live.com

BJM have been monitoring this site ever since I posted the fake tourdates on it so they might try to get this one down as well. They've got no case, so let them come. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

LittleLaura 10-25-2009 01:45 PM

Done......

I may have ranted slightly, sorry 8)

jbjhand 10-25-2009 01:49 PM

Done. Everyone make sure you do this , if you feel it. This message needs to get through!

Cunha 10-25-2009 01:49 PM

Strange

well bon jovi did a free concert in hyde park, the 2008 european tour golden circle average was 70euros, they are doing free concerts now to promote the record and now they have these unbelievable prices ?? something must be wrong really...the highest ticket for 02 is almost the same price as the hotel plus vip experience in New York and Las Vegas concerts....is AEG the one to blame ? or JBJ ? or Both ?

P.s- these was my first post here

dcj28 10-25-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunha (Post 950218)
well bon jovi did a free concert in hyde park, the 2008 european tour golden circle average was 70euros, they are doing free concerts now to promote the record and now they have these unbelievable prices ?? something must be wrong really...the highest ticket for 02 is almost the same price as the hotel plus vip experience in New York and Las Vegas concerts....is AEG the one to blame ? or JBJ ? or Both ?

P.s- these was my first post here

Hyde park wasnt free.

RS8MB0R8 10-25-2009 01:57 PM

The funny thing is that, in all my years of visiting this messageboard, it's taken something as sad and greedy as this to unite everybody's opinion. I'm far from surprised that nobody is fighting for the other corner but it is the first time I can recall everybody feeling so passionate about an issue and it being completely one-sided.

Supersonic 10-25-2009 01:59 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 950222)
The funny thing is that, in all my years of visiting this messageboard, it's taken something as sad and greedy as this to unite everybody's opinion. I'm far from surprised that nobody is fighting for the other corner but it is the first time I can recall everybody feeling so passionate about an issue and it being completely one-sided.

Agreed. And I think it's the first time Backstage and Jovitalk pretty much feel the same on this issue and agree that Jon's the person who's responsible for this, no matter what Backstage will say.

It's good to see so many people sending e-mails now, keep them coming people. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Cunha 10-25-2009 02:07 PM

wasn“t ? or the tickets were sold by fans to fans ? like " black market"....

Supersonic 10-25-2009 02:14 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunha (Post 950228)
wasn“t ? or the tickets were sold by fans to fans ? like " black market"....

No, by Ticketmaster. GoldCircle was 45, regular tickets were 35.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

SemiGiovi 10-25-2009 02:45 PM

Hehehe, so finaly the lyrics go for JT and BS fans:

Quote:

Where we once were divided, now we stand united
We stand as one... undivided.
How many hands? how many hearts?
How many dreams been torn apart?
Enough, enough... the time has come to rise back as

Matrix15 10-25-2009 02:49 PM

Don't know how long this will be up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_Tour

Skip to the 'controversey' bit.

tigrs99 10-25-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 950163)
Aloha !

Join the group on Facebook:

http://www.bonjovi-live.com/

Want to be on this page as well? Then send an e-mail to:

jonbonjovidisgustsme@hotmail.com

and include the following;

1. What tickets did you buy or wanted to buy, how much they cost.
2. Your name (I don't need your last name)
3. A short (as in a maximum of 5 lines) reason why you're so upset.

Example:
1. I wanted to buy tickets for the pit, they cost me 200BP per ticket so I didn't buy them.
2. Sebastiaan
3. I can't believe prices are this outrageous. I've been a Bon Jovi fan for many years now and this will be the first UK tour I will skip. I can't believe how Jon sings about working for the working man yet dares to sing the same song for people that will have to spend a monthly paycheck to see Bon Jovi.

If I get more than 20 e-mails I will post these on a website and will send the link out to many newspapers including the Sun and the dailymail.

If anyone wonders if it's fine by me to post this message on Backstage; go ahead. Everyone's allowed to send in their irritations, and I will make sure Bon Jovi, Backstage and our beloved friend Obie will hear from this. I've managed to reach BJM before.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Awesome
sounds great

C'monFeet 10-25-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 950242)
Don't know how long this will be up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_Tour

Skip to the 'controversey' bit.

Gone.........

tpotx 10-25-2009 03:37 PM

email sent, preorder of The Circle CD/DVD and WWWB book cancelled!

kenobi_on_a_prayer 10-25-2009 03:49 PM

Great work Seb.

RSROCKS 10-25-2009 04:06 PM

I'm pissed off and disgusted but I haven't had the *pleasure* of trying to buy tickets yet.
Should I still send in something?

Yvonne 10-25-2009 04:10 PM

Done!:cool:

dcj28 10-25-2009 04:18 PM

I,ve just noticed kenobi on a prayers circle album cover. It looks like a bloke with a begging bowl.

lisaluvsjovi 10-25-2009 04:41 PM

How much are the tickets in the UK going for? I thought the Giants tickets were quite reasonable considering they charged $300.00 for the MSG shows last tour.

Yvonne 10-25-2009 04:45 PM

anything between £45 and £1100 at the o2, all depends where you want to sit!

Savvi 10-25-2009 04:49 PM

Can always rely on you Seb to take it that one step further lol. Good luck with it and I hope you get the message through!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 950293)
I,ve just noticed kenobi on a prayers circle album cover. It looks like a bloke with a begging bowl.

LOL! Poor Hughey

Tictoc 10-25-2009 06:08 PM

So what's this little (I emphasise the word 'little' because it's so small time, ooh a Facebook page, this is almost as big as the "I hate Hob Nobs" page... I bet JBJ is shitting himself)

Another failing is that nearly all the people signing up have already bought tickets, kinda defeats the point of protesting really.

If you want to see a band for cheap go and buy tickets to see The Stereophonics.

letitrock 10-25-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 950368)
So what's this little (I emphasise the word 'little' because it's so small time, ooh a Facebook page, this is almost as big as the "I hate Hob Nobs" page... I bet JBJ is shitting himself)

Another failing is that nearly all the people signing up have already bought tickets, kinda defeats the point of protesting really.

If you want to see a band for cheap go and buy tickets to see The Stereophonics.

It doesn't defeat the point actually. People protest in different ways - there are a lot of people (who aren't maniacs) who have seen Bon Jovi 50-100+ times who are refusing to go to this show on protest. There are also a lot who would normally go that have decided to go but buy the cheapest tickets... perhaps largely because there's an addiction to see a band you've grown up with and been passionate about...

If I want to see a cheap gig I will go to a pub and watch a live band... I wouldn't see the Stereophonics, but then that's just personal taste.

To be honest, nothing anyone will do here will really give Jon much of a headache, but I like the thought a few sleazy tabloid newspapers might pick up on the story. Perhaps what the band need is actually a bit of bad press to knock some sense into them and to stop them thinking that they can keep doing slight modifications of It's My Life and talking about Tommy and Gina and making lots of money out of it.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 10-25-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 950293)

Well, if the shoe fits... Although Hugh could take forgo the begging bowl and just take Jon out if he wanted to, look at how much bigger he is.:p

Tictoc 10-25-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock (Post 950375)
It doesn't defeat the point actually. People protest in different ways - there are a lot of people (who aren't maniacs) who have seen Bon Jovi 50-100+ times who are refusing to go to this show on protest. There are also a lot who would normally go that have decided to go but buy the cheapest tickets... perhaps largely because there's an addiction to see a band you've grown up with and been passionate about...

If I want to see a cheap gig I will go to a pub and watch a live band... I wouldn't see the Stereophonics, but then that's just personal taste.

Well that's great then, if people protest with their feet then JBJ and co will realise the tickets were priced too highly and they'll play to undersold shows. Bet that won't happen though.

The problem is a lot of people are crying and moaning yet they have bought tickets for more than one night...

Also my point with the Stereophonics was, if you wanna pay cheap you're gonna get trash ;)

Yvonne 10-25-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 950392)

The problem is a lot of people are crying and moaning yet they have bought tickets for more than one night...

I haven't, I'm using what I would've spent to go on a nice little holiday :)

liljovi93 10-25-2009 06:31 PM

Done it too.

letitrock 10-25-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 950392)
Well that's great then, if people protest with their feet then JBJ and co will realise the tickets were priced too highly and they'll play to undersold shows. Bet that won't happen though.

Also my point with the Stereophonics was, if you wanna pay cheap you're gonna get trash ;)

Glad we agree on the Sterephonics, but then without being a fan myself I wonder that they're probably much more in touch with reality than Bon Jovi are.

The last few Bon Jovi tours have been undersold. I haven't seen them as many times as most have, but I think it's now at around 30 shows and not a single one of those has been sold out. In fact, a great deal of them have been undersold by quite some way.

The problem is that they still roll in so much money both for themselves and the organisers. What they need is a wake-up call. Unfortunately, I imagine that anything above 60% sold out is probably a decent result for both the band and promoters because they build so much margin into their ticket prices. If the band did 20 shows at #40 tickets they'd probably actually build up an even larger fanbase and sell most of the dates 80%+. As it is my hope is that they sell the shows very poorly and that it turns out to be a disaster for them.

A lot of my favourite bands were as large as Bon Jovi were at their peak, they've made their millions and yet they tour now for the joy of playing live. They don't need the money, in fact they charge about 25 pounds for shows and sweat and bleed on stage for the love of what they're doing. Jon has spent the past 9 years since they reunited talking about how he doesn't live touring anymore... not once do I hear him talking anymore about that thrill or adrenaline or passion playing on stage, about that urge to prove critics wrong, to make every person in the venue go away thinking they've seen something special.

I have bought tickets to two shows and the only reason I can think why is because (a) for once in my life I can afford it (though I bought cheaper seats ;)) (b) I'm addicted from seeing them on the past few tours. I became the biggest fan during the time there was no activity from the band; 96-2000. When finally it came I took every chance to see them I could as if it would be the last... in hindsight I'd have been quite happy if 2001 had been their swansong. Oh well...

daftkast 10-25-2009 07:20 PM

I have also done this,

I would love to see the press pick this up and the Jon come out and try and defend the prices.

Cannot believe Matts letter, that is just hilarious trying to justify $3500 for 2 tickets as cheap! are you F***king kidding me!

Tixy 10-25-2009 07:29 PM

Managed to post an entry about it on ONTD, should get some more views

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...85#t6147274285

Captain_jovi 10-25-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tixy (Post 950429)
Managed to post an entry about it on ONTD, should get some more views

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...85#t6147274285

That was you? Nice work! It was strange going onto ONTD like I always do and seeing Seb's words.

jbjhand 10-25-2009 08:03 PM

Please everyone sign the petition if you havent already 150 is not enough
Post it anywhere anyone cares about this

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bonjovitour/

Butters 10-25-2009 08:22 PM

I signed the petition. Hey, we're proving we weren't born to follow right?

Crushgen24/88 10-25-2009 08:30 PM

Signed. And for the record, I will be buying two tickets to Giants, because the prices there aren't that bad. But the prices for the European dates are obscene, and you guys don't deserve that shit.

Hickstar 10-25-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 950448)
Please everyone sign the petition if you havent already 150 is not enough
Post it anywhere anyone cares about this

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bonjovitour/

Did it :). Hope it makes a difference