Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon's dislike for 7800 Fahrenheit (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70143)

jovifan93 11-15-2017 02:15 PM

Jon's dislike for 7800 Fahrenheit

I was just watching the Behind the Scenes documentary and in the part where they're talking about the 7800 Fahrenheit record, they say that all the pain from Jon's breakup with dorothea, etc. poured into the songs/lyrics, so maybe that's the real reason why Jon doesn't like the album or plays songs from it? Just a thought, sorry if it has been discussed somewhere already, but couldn't remember it...

Becky 11-15-2017 02:45 PM

He’s always said that those songs reflect a bad period in their lives. Tico and Alec we’re both married and their wives left them too. They experienced a theft of a lot of their equipment too and that hit a struggling band hard.

Stranger11 11-16-2017 05:52 PM

There were the private problems but I think I also recall him saying that Fahrenheit was kinda rushed with songwriting, recording & production.

But Jon also seems to dislike his debut record (Runaway aside) - for that I don´t know the reasons.
I wonder if his cousin had too much influence on those 2 records. I don´t remember their whole history right now.

Thomas S 11-17-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1230550)
But Jon also seems to dislike his debut record (Runaway aside) - for that I don´t know the reasons.
I wonder if his cousin had too much influence on those 2 records. I don´t remember their whole history right now.

In this video (which is just some guys getting signatures from Jon recently) at roughly 10 seconds in or so, Jon refuses to sign what looks like a copy of the debut album...

I thought that was kind of strange...

Rdkopper 11-18-2017 05:00 AM

It's got nothing to do with the material itself... its the fact that he's got no desire to promote it because he owns none of the royalties and he was just a puppet to his record company back then...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 11-18-2017 07:22 PM

Is that true RD? How do you know that???

Jon has often made it clear he doesn't think much of the first 2 records, but 7800 particularly.

rolo_tomachi 11-18-2017 10:07 PM

Jon once said, that 7800º only served as coasters. Sad. The album is good, no great but is a solid rock album.

DryCounty 11-19-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230584)
It's got nothing to do with the material itself... its the fact that he's got no desire to promote it because he owns none of the royalties and he was just a puppet to his record company back then...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Where have you read/heard that? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just have never heard that before :)

Thinny 11-19-2017 12:59 PM

Also, why would the royalties he receive differ from the first 2 albums to Slippery onwards?

RonJovi 11-19-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1230598)
Also, why would the royalties he receive differ from the first 2 albums to Slippery onwards?

Wasn’t some deal reached with his cousin (Tony Bongiovi) over the royalties from those albums?

That might be a factor in Jon’s dislike of the albums but I’d imagine that the fact they were relatively unsuccessful and are probably written a million miles away from where he is now are probably a bigger contributor.