Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The bands alcohol/drug use (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70154)

DavetheGodofKeys 12-04-2017 05:25 PM

The bands alcohol/drug use

I've just realised that almost all of the original members had a drinking/drugs problem. It seems like Dave was the only one that didn't have any kind of a problem? Is that true?

Thinny 12-04-2017 05:54 PM

Jesus, give it a rest.

They were a massive rock band in the 80's...nearly all of those bands were doing all sorts of drinks and drugs. It was a sign of the times, it's not secret.

Whether they had a "problem" or not varies from member to member I'd expect, but they all did everything under the sun I'm sure, Dave included....

Becky 12-04-2017 08:08 PM

Jon has never had a recreational drug problem as an adult, though he was dependent on steroids to be able to sing. He also said a couple of years ago that he had stopped drinking alcohol even though it wasn’t an issue for him.

I have heard discussion of David having some issues with cocaine, but who knows for sure. Every one of the original members have smoked at one time or another.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-04-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1231104)
He also said a couple of years ago that he had stopped drinking alcohol even though it wasn’t an issue for him.

He drinks alcohol now and then like he did recently in South America, but not too much of course; but sometimes... like in Bahamas 2015 he was really drunk the night before the first concert, he was having a good time, not something to be worried...

Thinny 12-05-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1231104)
Jon has never had a recreational drug problem as an adult

I'm sure that he never had a problem, but surely you're not implying that Jon never did recreational drugs!?

Becky 12-05-2017 03:41 PM

He himself as said many times through the years that he had a bad reaction when he was around 12/13 years old and he has not wanted to use since. His statements have included that it scared the 💩 out of him and, separately, that he “didn’t have the mentality for it.” Plus, he had to contend with an addicted family member. It’s not something that appeals to him.

Thinny 12-05-2017 05:10 PM

I see. I have heard very contradicting stories to that with regards to Jon from a member of a band that supported Bon Jovi on a US tour back in the day.

brunorc21 12-05-2017 05:24 PM

Jon has used all the drugs a rockstar usually does, he just was never a addicted.

This is an interview of 1993, for a brazilian tv, where he admits that he has used pot and cocaine in the minute 39:36.

Jon was never a saint, he has spoken several times, and he was the frontman of one the biggest RnR bands in the last 30 years. I don´t know how some people refuses to believe that he has used drugs or betrayed his wife.

Thinny 12-05-2017 05:26 PM

Yeah, the person I was talking about said Jon was definitely a Cocaine user, and also really enjoyed going to Strip Clubs in every town.

I'm sure he never had a "problem" so to speak and I'm sure he hasn't used for a long time now...

I thought it was common knowledge that Jon cheated? He's talked about it very publicly.

brunorc21 12-05-2017 05:34 PM

Yeah, Jon talked about it publicy several times about cheating on his wife, even in Bed Of Roses...

Back to the topic...David was the one to introduce Sebastian Bach to meth and he said that nobody knows how to party like Bon Jovi (the band).

Bon Jovi just knows how to keep their business in the family.