Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Axl Rose: "Bon Jovi can suck.." Part 2 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53690)

bjcrazycpa 12-18-2011 04:04 PM

The only problem I have always had with Axl is that is has NO regard for the fans or his crew as far as the "late" thing. I know everyone expects him to show up a few hours late and start a show between 11 and 12 but I just can't get past the arrogance. The reviews I hear even within the same show are that parts are brilliant and parts are just abysmal.

kekko21 12-18-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piab70 (Post 1077820)
Just got back form seeing Guns n Roses in Seattle. They play for 3 hrs and Axl is running around stage, unlike someone else who uses his guitar as a prop. Axl also plays 6 songs from Chinese Democracy. Do you think Jon would have the balls to play 6 songs from "These Days" every night? I've been to lots of Jovi shows, but the recent GNR tour is way better than Jovi.

As someone said, BJ don't need to play six songs from TD 'cause it's not their most recent record.

And then, I prefer seeing a static JBJ singing a wonderful DRY COUNTY than seeing a screaming Axl running and shouting one of his new songs.

And finally, in my opinion the fact that Axl runs all over the stage is not saying that he's better than Jon and that their concerts are better...

Just take a look at Udine's concert videos on YouTube! Just to say......

danfan 12-18-2011 06:05 PM

FTR, Axl does not "run all over the stage". He does his little side to side dance thing.

piab70 12-18-2011 11:48 PM

I also thought Jon was better before he started using the guitar as a prop. Jon used to run around the stage.

TwinFan 12-19-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piab70 (Post 1077848)
I also thought Jon was better before he started using the guitar as a prop. Jon used to run around the stage.

1.) Jon is a few months shy of 50. He's not going to run around the stage like the wild, 20-something-year-old of the 80's.

2.) While I agree Jon plays his acoustic a bit too much, it does usually add to the sound when he does. At least when he has it, he actually plays it. Jon doesn't use a guitar as a prop. Check Bono for someone who uses a guitar as a prop.

danfan 12-19-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1077850)
1.) Jon is a few months shy of 50. He's not going to run around the stage like the wild, 20-something-year-old of the 80's.

Ever seen Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger perform?

bjmjpl 12-19-2011 04:47 PM

whoa - did he play with Duff?? i had no idea they still talked - is it only slash that wont talk to axl?

cool setlist thx for the post

Captain_jovi 12-19-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piab70 (Post 1077820)
Just got back form seeing Guns n Roses in Seattle. They play for 3 hrs and Axl is running around stage, unlike someone else who uses his guitar as a prop. Axl also plays 6 songs from Chinese Democracy. Do you think Jon would have the balls to play 6 songs from "These Days" every night? I've been to lots of Jovi shows, but the recent GNR tour is way better than Jovi.

?? Your point is moot. When promoting These Days 6+ Songs from it were played each night. Axl is "promoting" Chinese Democracy and doing the same.

It's not a matter of balls to play new material, it just goes over like a led balloon.

danfan 12-19-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmjpl (Post 1077872)
whoa - did he play with Duff?? i had no idea they still talked - is it only slash that wont talk to axl?

cool setlist thx for the post

He's played with Duff a couple of times. He's also played with Izzy. Not sure if he'd work with Steven again, but Steven wants a reunion. Axl doesn't want a reunion. He thinks his current lineup is perfect. Slash has no desire to speak with Axl and vice versa.

Personally, I don't think they should be inducted in the HoF unless they all agree to show up and perform together. Grow up for shits sake.

kekko21 12-19-2011 07:33 PM

Slash and Axl are like kids! -_-

I would like to see a reunion, but I think that it would be just for GOD MONEY and not for the real passion for music...