Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Steven Tyler's Country Project (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69409)

samboraisgodUK 01-22-2016 11:34 AM

Steven Tyler's Country Project

So the first single was released months and months ago now - Love is Your Name
Yesterday came the second single, much more radio friendly and similar to a lot of the popular pop-rock-country stuff at the moment - Red, White and You
I like them both, but then I do like country music.

Raz0r 01-23-2016 04:17 AM

I'm not a huge country music fan, I like a few songs here and there. But I liked Lost Highway, and I liked Bret Michaels's country album, True Grit. So I'm looking forward to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becky 01-26-2016 01:13 PM

I like Steven's two country songs that I've heard. They're better than most of the crap on the radio. I guess they have a comfortable feel to them since he's singing them.

samboraisgodUK 07-10-2016 01:17 PM

So the album, 'We're All Somebody from Somewhere', comes out on Friday!

Four songs are already up on Apple Music for the pre-release, the two already in this thread, the title track and 'Only Heaven'. Of the two new ones, Only Heaven is by far the best for my money.

Anyway, not long now, seems to be shaping up quite well for the radio-friendly country crowd.

Walleris 07-26-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1202377)

Anyway, not long now, seems to be shaping up quite well for the radio-friendly country crowd.

And that's all there is to it. Just listened to it for the first time and hated it. I was expecting Aerosmith-esque songwriting with some country spices in there (something like what Jovi did with LH), but the songs are very forgettable and those 'country spices' are used with no subtlety whatsoever.

Plus, re-recording a country version of one of your old hits (in this case, Janie's Got a Gun) is just cheap.

Fredrik 07-27-2016 02:11 PM

It sucks. No two ways about it.

B.J.F. 07-27-2016 06:34 PM

Oh Steven why did you go there? Yuck! I do like some county music, but not that.

samboraisgodUK 07-30-2016 10:21 AM

Interesting reaction - I like it! Wasn't overly keen at first but it has grown on me.

It's clearly not an absolute masterpiece or anything like that, but it's pleasant enough to listen to.

Nige 07-30-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1203112)
Interesting reaction - I like it! Wasn't overly keen at first but it has grown on me.

It's clearly not an absolute masterpiece or anything like that, but it's pleasant enough to listen to.

That is exactly how I feel about...well put!

samboraisgodUK 07-31-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1203117)
That is exactly how I feel about...well put!

Glad I'm not on my own!