Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #14 - American Airlines Center, Dalls, Texas, April 28th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70914)

Captmorgs 04-29-2022 02:15 AM

#14 - American Airlines Center, Dalls, Texas, April 28th 2022

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1279600)
I can only hope that Jon manages to finish these last 2 shows without embarrassing himself even more than he has.

I have loved this man for 25 years - I have no glee over him losing his voice and sounding terrible. I hope that he can finish this tour with some dignity intact.

Sounding as bad as he does breaks my heart as a longtime fan.

I especially hope that nothing serious is wrong and that it's "only" a case of losing his voice due to age :(

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I hate that people can make fun of my favorite band. I used to be able to laugh them off and say “you have no idea, they’re the best live band on the planet.” I am bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StickToYourGuns45 04-29-2022 06:42 AM

According to Setlist.fm.

1. Limitless
2. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. We Weren't Born To Follow
5. It’s My Life
6. Beautiful Drug
7. Born To Be My Baby
8. This House Is Not For Sale
9. Just Older
10. Let It Rain
11. Keep The Faith
12. American Reckoning
13. Whole Lot Of Leaving
14. Do What You Can
15. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
16. Lost Highway
17. Roller Coaster
18. Who Says You Can’t Go Home
19. Livin’ On A Prayer

20. Wanted Dead Or Alive
21. Bad Medicine

musiccritic101 04-29-2022 06:52 AM

I guess Jon decided to ditch HAND after the mishap and struggle in Houston.

Kova 04-29-2022 08:38 AM

No LOAP miming this time.. Like I said, there was something extra going on in the Houston show. Him taking IV, not being able to breathe through American Reconing with harmonica, and voice breaking down during HAND which prompted him to tell sound engineers to put on a playback for LOAP before the Hand solo.

Butters 04-29-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1279600)
I can only hope that Jon manages to finish these last 2 shows without embarrassing himself even more than he has.

I have loved this man for 25 years - I have no glee over him losing his voice and sounding terrible. I hope that he can finish this tour with some dignity intact.

Sounding as bad as he does breaks my heart as a longtime fan.

I especially hope that nothing serious is wrong and that it's "only" a case of losing his voice due to age :(

Beautifully said.

jovifan85 04-29-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1279612)
No LOAP miming this time.. Like I said, there was something extra going on in the Houston show. Him taking IV, not being able to breathe through American Reconing with harmonica, and voice breaking down during HAND which prompted him to tell sound engineers to put on a playback for LOAP before the Hand solo.

Livin' on a Prayer Bon Jovi - Live 2022 - YouTube

Impressed with the "baby it's OK", that's twice his hold that note to a higher pitch on this tour. Shows Jon's voice can find that range, only for a brief moment.

gabriele 04-29-2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1279618)
Impressed with the "baby it's OK", that's twice his hold that note to a higher pitch on this tour. Shows Jon's voice can find that range, only for a brief moment.

All of these baby it's ok' in this tour are surpresely long and strong

Gabriel Shoes 04-29-2022 11:52 AM

Saw on the other thread people claiming this tour ends after Nashville.

Let's be honest, Jon's voice condition will never stop the man. If he wants to tour they'll tour even in this situation.

prayer_84 04-29-2022 12:07 PM

Just saw clips of Livin on a Prayer and Keep the Faith from last night and I think Jon sounds surprisingly better than Houston two days ago. I'm not saying it's like night and day, but it's probably the best he's sounded since the tour began. I'll wait for more clips to show up but it's at least passable now.
P.S. I stand corrected. Bad Medicine is as atrocious as it could possibly get.

bonjovi90 04-29-2022 12:25 PM

I don't get why Bad Medicine isn't at least in rotation with something like Runaway. He's been singing horribly on that one even at the promo shows in 2016 where the newer stuff at least was bearable. And he's gotten better on that song ever since.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk