Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Jersey or These Days, which do you prefer? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55261)

life_of_agony 03-20-2013 10:03 AM

Love These Days, but Jersey owns it.

ZB_ 03-20-2013 10:19 AM

The thing is... I'm listening to 'New Jersey' a lot more often. It is a great album. I like to listen to 'These Days' only if I had appropriate, not surprisingly, little bit cloudy mood, to enjoy it most. But the fact is 'These Days' stands on higher level at least musically. It's not that infectious, but the material requires more advanced skill, at least from Richie. I wouldn't say it's enough to state that the musicianship is 'better' though.

Anyway, both had my 10/10, so it's a draw.

IML88 03-20-2013 10:25 AM

I've probably listened to These Days more as a complete album so i'm leaning towards that. NJ has some outstanding highlights but These Days is a more complete, synced body of work.

Having said that all this NJ talk is making me want to give the album a dust off.

eddie73 03-20-2013 11:38 AM

New Jersey- No debate from me

Dave 1986 03-20-2013 12:44 PM

My two favourite albums! :confused:

I went with These Days. It's aged far better than New Jersey IMO. I listen to it far more often and over the years I've got something different out of it, probably due to getting older and living through certain experiences I yet to have back when I was 15.

New Jersey is still a beast though.

jovifan93 03-20-2013 12:50 PM

Funny, for me New Jersey is timeless while These Days feels dated. Also New Jersey has I'll Be There For You, one of my all-time-favs, as well as Living In Sin, Blood On Blood, Wild Is The Wind, so many great tracks - so an easy win for NJ over TD for me...

KeepTheFaith2211 03-20-2013 12:58 PM

'These Days'. Easy.

semigoodlookin 03-20-2013 01:00 PM

These Days, New Jersey, Keep The Faith, and Slippery are all 10 out of 10 albums for me, so it would be splitting hairs and just choosing which style I prefer today. For example These Days speaks to me more as a 30 year old than Slippery does, but for what it is Slippery is equally special too. I agree that These Days took more skill, ESP from Mr Sambora which makes the album stunning and also very sad considering the following 15 years.

Anyway, in terms of the best. I think New Jersey was THE masterpiece of its genre, and lyrically and musically transcended it. These Days is also a masterpiece, but more in how it showed the band for what it truly was in terms of talent and what could have been in the future.

I think it is a tie, both as good ad each other. I think most people should conclude it is a tie, if not ask a different question, not which is better, but which is worse.

27Beth 03-20-2013 01:48 PM

New Jersey.

I love them both...but New Jersey is one of my favorite all-time albums ever. I find I can still listen to those songs everday and they don't get old for me.

steel_horse75 03-20-2013 01:50 PM

NJ all day.

For me although I like TD there are too many slow songs on it and also I think it started the Jovi decline.