Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

rokenrola 11-16-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1247522)
Aloha !

I'm not telling you how to behave, you're constantly telling others what excuse to use as to why they ought to like the band the same way you do.

As for you not understanding the food comparison that's really up to you. It's the prime example as to what you're doing. You always sign in and then post about how wrong people's reasonings are. When you're then offered more of your own menu you always start backtracking.

I'm perfectly fine with you enjoying Bon Jovi. I also get what you do. I've also tried to explain why I don't enjoy the band anymore, which you then don't seem to get. I don't see how the problem is with me. Like always, I use sanity and common sense. And respect.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I dont say others how to behave,I always write "for me","thats me",I just comment how people analyse and go too far in comparison between band 10 years ago and now. Like I said many times before,you and couple of others are pretty harsh and rough towards the band,but it is ok for me.Everything I write,its my opinion,I dont say you or anybody else should think like that,like you said,it is discussion forum,but I choose the words. Unlike you,I dont tell people that band and Jon sound like shit last 4 years and that they will sound like shit in future Every fan loves the band in his own way.

daveyshaker 11-17-2018 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1247480)
Aloha !

I have not lowered my expectations. I know what to expect, it's going to be shit, it's going to be nothing like any other Bon Jovi show I've ever seen before and it'll be the worst Bon Jovi show I'll ever see.

2006? 1 show was on full autopilot with Richie completely hammered.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

So despite all this and not a positive post about the band in years you’re still going then? Oh and they didn’t play London in 2006. Come on Guru!

bj4ever 11-17-2018 03:31 AM

This isn't on topic, but I'm still amazed as to how people still try having a discussion with supersonic on here and expect some form of positive response. It's a lost cause.
Since the early 2000s, this has been an ongoing thing on here.
He is knowledgeable, but his need to always be right and contradict whatever other say got old in 2004.

Anyways, I would suggest you learn to filter his posts and keep the useful information and ignore the rest.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-17-2018 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyshaker (Post 1247548)
Oh and they didn’t play London in 2006. Come on Guru!

it's okay, today he was busy so he was a little tired...

Chris_Newton 11-17-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

So despite all this and not a positive post about the band in years you’re still going then? Oh and they didn’t play London in 2006. Come on Guru!

Everyone is different, and of course everyone has their own opinion when it comes to the band.

I have defended Jon over the years, rightly or wrongly but thats just the stance i have taken. However i can not deny that his voice has deteriated over the years ..BUT

Going to a Bon Jovi convert is about so much more than just the state of Jons voice. I love the whole build up to the day, the excitement etc. Then on the actual day itself i love mingling with other Jovi fans in the pubs around the stadium etc, with the tunes on in the back ground. For me this is just a big a part of the day than the actual concert itself.

Then when it comes to the gig, i have usually had more than my fair share of drinks to even notice how jon sounds, and besides me and my wife are usually singing our lungs out to notice any thing else around us.

At the end of the day we both go home happy and knowing we have had an amazing day..and sure we can look back at the concert on you tube a few days after and hear Jons voice not sounding great, but when it comes down to it, does that really really matter? well for me the answer is no..i enjoy the whole experience and that for me is what its all about.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Tapatalk

Walleris 11-17-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1247567)
Everyone is different, and of course everyone has their own opinion when it comes to the band.

I have defended Jon over the years, rightly or wrongly but thats just the stance i have taken. However i can not deny that his voice has deteriated over the years ..BUT

Going to a Bon Jovi convert is about so much more than just the state of Jons voice. I love the whole build up to the day, the excitement etc. Then on the actual day itself i love mingling with other Jovi fans in the pubs around the stadium etc, with the tunes on in the back ground. For me this is just a big a part of the day than the actual concert itself.

Then when it comes to the gig, i have usually had more than my fair share of drinks to even notice how jon sounds, and besides me and my wife are usually singing our lungs out to notice any thing else around us.

At the end of the day we both go home happy and knowing we have had an amazing day..and sure we can look back at the concert on you tube a few days after and hear Jons voice not sounding great, but when it comes down to it, does that really really matter? well for me the answer is no..i enjoy the whole experience and that for me is what its all about.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Tapatalk

That's a nice way to summarize. I'm glad you have fun.

That being said, we all have different things we care about during live shows.

For me and my personal hearing, it gets on my nerves if when I hear things being out of tune, especially vocally. And obviously nowadays, a lot of the times when Jon sings, that what happens. I listen to so many other artists and go to a lot of shows, so I'm not (anymore) easily awed by the stage, the lights, the screens, "the atmosphere", the anticipation, etc. These things are a nice bonus, but for me, it's still about performing the music. And if that performance is objectively bad, that's a problem, no matter how many shining toys are there to distract me from it.

So the whole "it's rock'n'roll, not opera bro" argument is nonsensical. I know you didn't say that, so I'm not attacking you, but some apologists do that and immediately get defensive about someone caring about things they supposedly shouldn't care about.

I'll try not to be as much bothered about it during my Wembley show as I am on YouTube, but who knows if I'm able to, because that's just how my brain works.

BJFan99 11-17-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1247508)
This is a better example of once a great singer;

https://youtu.be/HSvWSYgSM-g

Holy shit. Compared to that guy, Jon is still a f*cking amazing singer... but of course, Jon still has his hearing.

rokenrola 11-17-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj4ever (Post 1247556)
This isn't on topic, but I'm still amazed as to how people still try having a discussion with supersonic on here and expect some form of positive response. It's a lost cause.
Since the early 2000s, this has been an ongoing thing on here.
He is knowledgeable, but his need to always be right and contradict whatever other say got old in 2004.

Anyways, I would suggest you learn to filter his posts and keep the useful information and ignore the rest.

You are right but guy is like a fly,he is looking for smash over the head,he is always negative about the band but he is THE FAN. I am here since 2011 and all I can read from him is:shit voice,shit sound,shit stage,shit stage presence,shit playing,shit albums,shit single,everything is shit but he is still THE FAN.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-18-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1247595)
You are right but guy is like a fly,he is looking for smash over the head,he is always negative about the band but he is THE FAN. I am here since 2011 and all I can read from him is:shit voice,shit sound,shit stage,shit stage presence,shit playing,shit albums,shit single,everything is shit but he is still THE FAN.

Ahhh when are you going to admit you're his fanboy??? lol

Supersonic 11-18-2018 07:31 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Bon Jovi sold tickets for a show in Wembley and then the show got moved to Milton Keynes. I'm very much aware Milton Keynes isn't in London thank you very much but I reckon it's not people from ****ing Aberdeen traveling to see a show there, now is it?

Now why is it people get offended when fans tell them London just isn't the place to be when it comes to Bon Jovi shows? I don't give a **** if people tell me Bon Jovi play shit shows in The Netherlands because I know they don't. And my opinion is always right, as it's my opinion, and not yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1247527)
I dont say others how to behave,I always write "for me","thats me",

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1247595)

I'd say you're contradicting yourself over here again. You're not telling others to behave but yet tell me I deserve to be smashed over the head? How's that making sense?

As for my negativity. Sure, it's there. There's a lot of it lately but then again, compared to even 5 years ago there's not a whole lot to celebrate either unless you get your kicks from Jon butchering Dry County once in a blue moon.

However, I've been rather positive about most shows from the Lost Highway, The Circle and 2011 live tour. I saw a few shit shows that tour but for the most part I enjoyed the tours.

Now for someone who's "been here" since 2011 it seems to be you who'd rather focus on my negativity than my positivity. You're always whining yet rarely come up with some ideas yourself and as soon as people counter your arguments you make things personal.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan