Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

rolo_tomachi 09-24-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pivek (Post 1275594)
Today Johannesburg 1995, but probably 1st night. During Obie jingle there is Damned played in the background, which to my best knowledge was not played during well known 2nd night.

On one of the Johannesburg nights I think they played Something to Believe In. I'm right?

Lie to Me was played in Durban.

bonjovi90 09-24-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275595)
On one of the Johannesburg nights I think they played Something to Believe In. I'm right?

Lie to Me was played in Durban.

There's no proof that it was played pre-1996. Though I remember a review from Vancouer '95 listing it at the time. But I'd be hard pressed to believe it was done before the break. Would've been cool though since Jon's voice was much better in December of '95.

I'm hoping for night 1 since they had definitely recorded it with Letting You Go and Rockin' In The Free World having been B-sides at the time.

rolo_tomachi 09-24-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275597)
There's no proof that it was played pre-1996. Though I remember a review from Vancouer '95 listing it at the time. But I'd be hard pressed to believe it was done before the break. Would've been cool though since Jon's voice was much better in December of '95.

I'm hoping for night 1 since they had definitely recorded it with Letting You Go and Rockin' In The Free World having been B-sides at the time.

I don't know if there are any mistakes in the setlist, but if I have to choose. I want night 1.

November 30

Helter Skelter
Hey God
Livin' on a Prayer
You Give Love a Bad Name
Keep the Faith
These Days
Something for the Pain
Runaway
Something to Believe In
Dry County
Tokyo Road
Lay Your Hands on Me
Stranger in This Town
Blaze of Glory
Bad Medicine (with “Shout”)

Encore:

Damned
Diamond Ring
Rockin' All Over the World
Wanted Dead or Alive
This Ain't a Love Song

December 1

Helter Skelter
Hey God
Livin' on a Prayer
You Give Love a Bad Name
Keep the Faith
These Days
(It's Hard) Letting You Go
Bed of Roses
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Something for the Pain
Blood Money
Blaze of Glory
Lay Your Hands on Me
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Bad Medicine (with “Shout”)

Encore:

Rocking In The Free World
Always
Wanted Dead or Alive
Blood on Blood
This Ain't a Love Song

Captain_jovi 09-24-2021 03:18 PM

Damned w/Diamond Ring! Was that done frequently at the time?

Thinny 09-24-2021 03:20 PM

Have a feeling that they will go with Night 2 purely because Stranger in included on night 1 (or they might just cut it) - I can't see them including it.

rolo_tomachi 09-24-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275601)
Damned w/Diamond Ring! Was that done frequently at the time?

Mistake, the setlist is:
Damned
Diamond Ring

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-j...-43e1b7b7.html

Anyway, these setlists have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1275602)
Have a feeling that they will go with Night 2 purely because Stranger in included on night 1 (or they might just cut it) - I can't see them including it.

We do not know if Obie will put the whole thing or there will be missing songs like in Hollywood Palladium.

Thinny 09-24-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275603)
We do not know if Obie will put the whole thing or there will be missing songs like in Hollywood Palladium.

I presumed that the missing songs were because of technical issues with the recordings (Lay Your Hands On Me from Wembley and Blaze from Palladium) - but who knows when it comes to Obie's editing choices... :mrgreen:

bonjovi90 09-24-2021 04:31 PM

We neither know whether Blaze Of Glory had really been played at the Hollywood Palladium and had been purposely left out nor do we now the setlist of Night 1 in Johannesburg. That one on setlist.fm is plain bullshit.

Thinny 09-24-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275607)
We neither know whether Blaze Of Glory had really been played at the Hollywood Palladium and had been purposely left out nor do we now the setlist of Night 1 in Johannesburg. That one on setlist.fm is plain bullshit.

Something is definitely cut from the Palladium show between I'd Die For You and Bad Medicine, you can tell how the band fades in after Jon stops talking and before Bad Medicine kicks in. so my guess is that Blaze being played is correct.

Leonardo_Rufini 09-24-2021 05:36 PM

Hey guys, the older ones (China Club, Wembley Arena) are still being streamed or do they stop after a weeK?

Kevs 09-24-2021 07:57 PM

got my access sorted via a friend in the US's account. I probably wont listen to much as have a life at times but hoping I can catch a live show. looking at the schedule it's China Club 2000 later tonight

rolo_tomachi 09-25-2021 02:22 AM

helter skelter
hey god
prayer
bad name
faith
these days
bed of roses
because the night + DAMNED
something for the pain
blood money
blaze of glory
lay your hands
sleep + papas + jumpin
bad medicine + shout
always
wanted
blood on blood
LIE TO ME
rocking in the free world
love song

what a surprise!
:D

StickToYourGuns45 09-25-2021 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275629)

helter skelter
hey god
prayer
bad name
faith
these days
bed of roses
because the night + DAMNED
something for the pain
blood money
blaze of glory
lay your hands
sleep + papas + jumpin
bad medicine + shout
always
wanted
blood on blood
LIE TO ME
rocking in the free world
love song

what a surprise!
:D

Amazing!!

What is the quality like? Having trouble getting Sirius to work. Is it like the OWN live album?

bonjovi90 09-25-2021 08:42 AM

Finally the (at least from the looks of it) full 2nd night! Richie was a god at this show and they probably had pulled off my favourite These Days performance of all :)

Pivek 09-25-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275632)
Finally the (at least from the looks of it) full 2nd night!

Almost... Saturday Night missing.
And good question remains - when It's Hard Letting You Go was played (release on These Days single)?

bonjovi90 09-25-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pivek (Post 1275635)
Almost... Saturday Night missing.
And good question remains - when It's Hard Letting You Go was played (release on These Days single)?

Yeah my head had already combined it with the missing song of the TV broadcast [emoji23]
I gotta take a look at the single but I assume that Letting You Go had been played at the previous night.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

fanofrem 09-25-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275637)
Yeah my head had already combined it with the missing song of the TV broadcast [emoji23]
I gotta take a look at the single but I assume that Letting You Go had been played at the previous night.

So sad I can’t listen to this stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazeofglory 09-25-2021 01:09 PM

It doesn’t say which night (It’s Hard) Letting You Go is from on the These Days single. I’d assume it’s from the second night though because they also used Rocking In The Free World as a B-side on that single and we now know that that was played on the second night - unless they played that song both nights.

bonjovi90 09-25-2021 01:19 PM

I'm kinda lead to believe that they might've played Rockin' In The Free World both nights by now.
The single version and the one on OWN are almost identical. However, the B-side had "this is a song Neil Young wrote and we're gonna steal it" in the intro. Plus one line "we got department stores to sell us hay" (These Days single) vs. "we got department stores selling toilet paper" (OWN version) is different.
Other than that, they're basically identical. But I feel they had screwed with the OWN version later on in terms of changing that one line to a recording from a different show.

blazeofglory 09-25-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275643)
I'm kinda lead to believe that they might've played Rockin' In The Free World both nights by now.
The single version and the one on OWN are almost identical. However, the B-side had "this is a song Neil Young wrote and we're gonna steal it" in the intro. Plus one line "we got department stores to sell us hay" (These Days single) vs. "we got department stores selling toilet paper" (OWN version) is different.
Other than that, they're basically identical. But I feel they had screwed with the OWN version later on in terms of changing that one line to a recording from a different show.

Ah I was just gonna go listen to both versions back to back to compare them, but you were faster than me :D

I can certainly see the song being played both nights.

Now the question is which version did they play on the Sirius broadcast? I don’t have access to that, so I can’t check.

Captain_jovi 09-25-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275643)
But I feel they had screwed with the OWN version later on in terms of changing that one line to a recording from a different show.

It's kind of funny, twenty years later and I'm still finding reasons to be mad at that album.

bonjovi90 09-25-2021 08:59 PM

The released version of Rockin' In The Free World is from Night 2. That being said: the one on the These Days single. The OWN one got castrated and had the line replaced for reasons I don't know.

Supersonic 09-26-2021 06:51 AM

Aloha !

So, what's the quality like of this recording of Johannesburg? Is it mono and in 32k or is it a lot better than that? Just wondering if it's worth signing up for this. If quality is similar to the singles I'm all for it. If not, I'll pass.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 09-26-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1275652)
Aloha !

So, what's the quality like of this recording of Johannesburg? Is it mono and in 32k or is it a lot better than that? Just wondering if it's worth signing up for this. If quality is similar to the singles I'm all for it. If not, I'll pass.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It's the same mono quality than the other show thus far. I also think that he's not done any post-production on this which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but especially Wembley had some slight sound changes throughout. With Always, I had noticed that there's some hiss in there as well.

rolo_tomachi 09-26-2021 10:43 AM

SiriusXM is broadcast in stereo, at least the songs that are usually played are. I did tests in my first sound captures and songs like Radio Saved My Life Tonight or Edge of the Broken Heart were in stereo (a fairly flat stereo in compared to the original, but it was stereo). Now these 4 shows are in mono duplicated on two channels, and I don't understand why.

Johannesburg artwork.
Click here: http://fotos.subefotos.com/744fda525...0392bad94o.png

Rdkopper 09-26-2021 02:41 PM

This might be a bit of a stretch but I'm hoping there is some strategy behind broadcasting in mono...

It'll create a balance for shows that weren't recorded in the best quality. Example: shows that are "front of the house" only.

I spoke with Obie a few years back and he said this was all going to happen but I also thought he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. He is completely aware of what the fans want and we spoke specifically about Hammersmith/Cadillac Man. He said he's heard it a million times. But he also said it was a "front of the house" recording which is difficult to put on an official CD because he can't master it... Sirius could be the outlet for some big things to come.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

lolo5769 09-26-2021 04:56 PM

*Post Removed by Kev. No file sharing or request for file sharing on this forum.*

lolo5769 09-26-2021 04:58 PM

Hi

Very strange...

perhaps you have changed your settings in the program without realizing it?
Reset the program and redo your captures.

rolo_tomachi 09-26-2021 05:54 PM

Do you think there will be more shows next week (October 1st)? or it stops here??

What do you think?

Kev 09-26-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275661)
Do you think there will be more shows next week (October 1st)? or it stops here??

What do you think?

I think we’re all hoping this continues for a very long time. I’m not holding my breath on this, as the plug can be pulled at any point but all we can do is make the most of this while it lasts. We’ve wanted an insight into the archives for as long as I can remember!

Rdkopper 09-26-2021 06:34 PM

I think they have a ton of stuff that's all backlogged from The Experience so the material is there and ready to go.

Even though they've played some great stuff, it's still not those grandslam shows we are all waiting for. Wembley was a great suprise... But 2 were just complete shows of things that have been in some type of circulation and the other was a 5 songs promo.

I think one month and 4 shows is not enough to make a decision on new subscribers based on Bon Jovi Radio...

With Howard being attached to Sirius and him and Jon being great friends, i think there is a good chance of this sticking around until the end of the year.

rolo_tomachi 09-26-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1275663)
I think they have a ton of stuff that's all backlogged from The Experience so the material is there and ready to go.

Even though they've played some great stuff, it's still not those grandslam shows we are all waiting for. Wembley was a great suprise... But 2 were just complete shows of things that have been in some type of circulation and the other was a 5 songs promo.

I think one month and 4 shows is not enough to make a decision on new subscribers based on Bon Jovi Radio...

With Howard being attached to Sirius and him and Jon being great friends, i think there is a good chance of this sticking around until the end of the year.

I hope you are right. It would be great if they are testing the waters and launching shows until the end of the year. However, I have the opposite feeling, it may only be a matter of a month.

As Kev said "the plug can be pulled at any point". But maybe, they may repeat this tactic in the future with a second series of concerts.

My attention is on October 1st.

China Club artwork
Click here: http://fotos.subefotos.com/aae9417a1...ded001b94o.png

fanofrem 09-26-2021 11:01 PM

SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff

All my artwork so far. . No artwork for China Club show yet.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a6c9039a42.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a5355633e3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...885017b2b4.jpg

rolo_tomachi 09-27-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1275665)

Good choice.

;

rolo_tomachi 09-27-2021 12:31 AM

I wonder what the next show will be? what year will it be?

Maybe SWW Tour? Another show from NJ or KTF Tour?

🤔

fanofrem 09-27-2021 12:13 PM

One for the China Club showhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...86c9f5e3eb.jpg

fanofrem 09-27-2021 12:15 PM

Also have made some more simple artworkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f12d68ab24.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8b94d6e19b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...4599a4cf4a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6e79313a46.jpg

gareththyer1990 09-27-2021 01:49 PM

Is there anyway this is available here in the UK or the shows to download? Many thanks :)

Nige 09-27-2021 06:22 PM

Just a thought, but could the missing tracks from each show be playing randomly at other times on their own?

ksanova 09-29-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1275665)

Great Artwork!!

Could you also make the back parts to put them in CD cases?
Greetings!