Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   HAND Demos (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70048)

Dave 1986 07-08-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226009)
Sorry, what I meant was the original, lossless cd distributed in 2004 is very very hard to find. The bootleg of that is pretty easy to find. Those are the versions most people have but the original, lossless Bells of Freedom in full has never been leaked out to public places like youtube.

Most of the HAND demos are just not different enough to warrant an official release. The pronoun changing is all that's incredibly different in I want to be loved. Would love to see the original Bells released, the lyrics are incredibly better and less about personal empowerment.

That's ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate a physical CD copy of the 2004 version is scarce to say the least but I'm not the least bit bothered about a physical copy. I would love to have just a lossless wav/flac rip of the whole 2004 album, even if "Bells of Freedom" is clipped a bit. Never been able to find it and like I say, I've been looking high and low for it (on and off) for a good 10 years now.

I agree that the entire 2004 album in itself probably wouldn't warrant an official release due to now not-very-different it sounds compared to the final album but as part of a digital deluxe edition or something would do.

jovifan93 07-10-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226009)
Sorry, what I meant was the original, lossless cd distributed in 2004 is very very hard to find. The bootleg of that is pretty easy to find. Those are the versions most people have but the original, lossless Bells of Freedom in full has never been leaked out to public places like youtube.

Most of the HAND demos are just not different enough to warrant an official release. The pronoun changing is all that's incredibly different in I want to be loved. Would love to see the original Bells released, the lyrics are incredibly better and less about personal empowerment.

I actually have a full copy of Bells Of Freedom in MP3 format, just gave it a listen and I don't hear any edits, clips or anything. It's just not perfect quality, but better than Nothing...

Dave 1986 07-10-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1226053)
I actually have a full copy of Bells Of Freedom in MP3 format, just gave it a listen and I don't hear any edits, clips or anything. It's just not perfect quality, but better than Nothing...

My "Bells of Freedom" MP3 has a segment cut out that make the first verse merge into midway through the chorus. I can't for the life of me remember the lyrics for the 2004 version off hand and haven't heard it for some time. My copy has decent quality compared so the other 2004 songs I have.

jovifan93 07-10-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1226054)
My "Bells of Freedom" MP3 has a segment cut out that make the first verse merge into midway through the chorus. I can't for the life of me remember the lyrics for the 2004 version off hand and haven't heard it for some time. My copy has decent quality compared so the other 2004 songs I have.

Hmm, no mine doesn't have that. But I noticed that I probably do have that "watermark" in there in the first verse, but it's not too distracting.

Yet I'm wondering if I have a version that's cut together, since the lyrics don't seem to make a whole lot of sense just before the bridge, though no edits are audible. Does anyone have the lyrics to the demo version?

The quality is identical for all the songs in the source I got it from. Just that that noise (from the cymbals?) in Nothing is way too much, especially in this version, since all files are only 160 kbit/s MP3.

EDIT: this seems like the version that I have. The "watermark" is at 0:24, and the lyrics I talked about at 0:46:

Kokutetsu101 07-10-2017 02:25 PM

Hi i found this bootleg called have a nice day outtakes. I bought this from a japanese site
http://rockcollectors.shop-pro.jp/?pid=30817740
I was wondering where they got all the recordings from cuz it kinda sounds pretty decent

jovifan93 07-10-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokutetsu101 (Post 1226056)
Hi i found this bootleg called have a nice day outtakes. I bought this from a japanese site
http://rockcollectors.shop-pro.jp/?pid=30817740
I was wondering where they got all the recordings from cuz it kinda sounds pretty decent

Does that have a version of Nothing without all that noise? Probably not?

Captain_jovi 07-10-2017 03:35 PM

Actually, yah, that Youtube is the full version. I didn't even realize it was on Youtube, thanks guys!

bonjovi90 07-10-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1226058)
Does that have a version of Nothing without all that noise? Probably not?

These Japanese sites sell about any kind of bootleg, no matter what the quality is. That being said - the quality of most of the tracks on the original CD (bar Nothing) was really nice.

jovifan93 07-10-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226060)
These Japanese sites sell about any kind of bootleg, no matter what the quality is. That being said - the quality of most of the tracks on the original CD (bar Nothing) was really nice.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, hence the question. The quality of my version is really nice as well, albeit only 160 kbit/s MP3. Would be happy to find it in 320 kbit/s, but other than that, it's great.

bonjovi90 07-10-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1226061)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, hence the question. The quality of my version is really nice as well, albeit only 160 kbit/s MP3. Would be happy to find it in 320 kbit/s, but other than that, it's great.

The original rip (although shared as FLAC files) in fact is lossy and cuts off at around 160kHz. As I found out lately, many of "rare original rips" from that person were in fact horribly compressed files.