Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil X (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55719)

KSantaFe 08-12-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1181116)
I am the first to say that Richie has fallen a long way. It has been a long time since he impressed me, and worse than that he is as you say, sloppy (beyond belief sometimes). That's why I qualified what I said with at his best, which I admit has been a long time gone.

That said, I am not entirely sure I prefer Phil X. He is in better technical shape, but does nothing for me, just like Richie doesn't at the moment.

So when would you consider Richie to be at his best? Personally I feel that Richie solo projects has never brought out the best in him, and probably never will.

Faceman 08-12-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1181133)
So when would you consider Richie to be at his best? Personally I feel that Richie solo projects has never brought out the best in him, and probably never will.

That's because with his solo projects he never focussed on making a big guitar record but on being a lead singer.

angelsambo 09-24-2014 03:54 AM

great acoustic guitar playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSsD...ature=youtu.be

angelsambo 10-06-2014 10:11 PM

Iceman 10-07-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1182442)

Stairway To Hell! :)

And he said it was John Shanks who recommended him to Jon, not Aldo Nova or anyone from that era.

Ice

Javier 10-07-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1182442)

Interesting that well before anything happened he was already being kept on call just in case.

jovifan93 10-13-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1182461)
Interesting that well before anything happened he was already being kept on call just in case.

Yeah, very interesting indeed. Wonder how long exactly he had to learn the songs (how many weeks it really was).

That explains why he filled in so good the first time in, and takes a bit of the nimbus of him just being so good away. Also interesting that Jon saw that coming - wonder how/why or if he/the band actually talked Richie into going into rehab?

It's my faith 10-14-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1182589)
Yeah, very interesting indeed. Wonder how long exactly he had to learn the songs (how many weeks it really was).

That explains why he filled in so good the first time in, and takes a bit of the nimbus of him just being so good away. Also interesting that Jon saw that coming - wonder how/why or if he/the band actually talked Richie into going into rehab?

I think that Jon have hired some musicians to be ready just in case. Let's say David is sick, there must be someone to replace him for one or two shows. The show must go on! It's the same case with Tico and Rio 2013.

Just like that, Phil was always ready and waiting for a call. He was ready even before 2011, when he took Richie's place for a month.

jovifan93 10-14-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1182598)
I think that Jon have hired some musicians to be ready just in case. Let's say David is sick, there must be someone to replace him for one or two shows. The show must go on! It's the same case with Tico and Rio 2013.

Just like that, Phil was always ready and waiting for a call. He was ready even before 2011, when he took Richie's place for a month.

Yeah, probably true and wise of him to do so. But if I recall correctly, the way Phil told the story in the video is that he was contacted a couple of weeks before he had to fill in, not before the tour or the first leg. So maybe Jon was just reacting to Richie's deteriorating condition or so...

bonjovi90 10-14-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1182599)
Yeah, probably true and wise of him to do so. But if I recall correctly, the way Phil told the story in the video is that he was contacted a couple of weeks before he had to fill in, not before the tour or the first leg. So maybe Jon was just reacting to Richie's deteriorating condition or so...

That's what I thought as well. Phil said Jon wanted him to learn the songs for a possible fill-in in May. Since the leg had a break after the Vancouver show in late March Jon probably was more aware of Richie's condition than the general public or the fans. He might've known Richie was thinking about checking into rehab again (or at least that he probably needed to) and therefore concerned as to whether he was going to be able to play the leg in May.