Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   European tour - the stage (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70551)

liljovi93 06-12-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1254727)
The three stages are.

Excitement (pre show)
Disappointed (during show)
Sadness (after show)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That was good. Well played.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ticos_stick 06-13-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1254729)
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That was good. Well played.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

In these trying times we must try to raise the spirits [emoji12]

Supersonic 06-13-2019 03:04 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254482)
You're right. I thought they stopped doing that since 2013 with the 'Sofia - Car' stage. Wasn't that stage in every city except for where they did a festival?

There were 2 different car stages as well. The differences were small, but they were there nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254482)
For this tour I forgot to pay attention, but I still wonder why they do this? It is basically the roof of the stage that is different and the screens are little bended on the 'big' stage while they are just flat on the 'smaller' stage.

But why do they do this? I don't know any other band that does this.
It means Holland will get the 'small' one since they have the big one in Danmark? - wtf? - Holland used to be a major country for Bon Jovi.

It can't have anything to do with logistics and it doesn't seem to be that big of a difference in costs either.

So why?

To save money. The same reason why Bon Jovi plays at odd locations like Slagmarken, Goffertpark, Sr-Bank Arena, Ricoh Arena and Klagenfurt. It's cheaper to rent B-locations than A-locations. It's also cheaper to have one stage travelling with them instead of 2 or 3. And it's even cheaper not to have your own stage designed for you but to borrow things from someone else.

I'm not sure they're even travelling with their own stage this time though. They've got their own screens but everything else I think is borrowed from Stageco, which is taking care of the production of several big artists this summer. The stage in Moscow is travelling all the way through Europe and is shared by various artists. Elton John used a variation of it a few nights ago and it'll probably be at Wembley and the RDS as well. Having Bon Jovi come over to Europe this time was a risk. Plenty of shows sold well but several of them undersold. Having their own stage would mean higher ticket prices and thus less of a chance of selling enough tickets. It's not the only time they're sharing things. When the band plays Olympic Stadium in Munich, Elton John plays the Olympiahalle a few hundred meters down the road. Although Elton uses a small stage for the indoor shows chances are crew members are swapped out for both productions.

In the end, a band will tell promoters they were willing to tour Europe but only for a certain amount of money. Promoters think they'll only be able to take a certain amount of money if they cut down the costs on other things. So the band are booked for Wembley at the same time 2 other artists have a gig there as well. Eagles cost a fortune to book and so do Bon Jovi and thus production costs are cut in half when it comes to putting up a stage. I even think Bon Jovi wouldn't play Wembley this time around would Eagles and Billy Joel not play there. This works the same way for Eagles though. They'd not have played there would Bon Jovi not have played there as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Juls Sambora 06-16-2019 05:29 PM

Does anybody know at what time the backstage tours take place before the concert?