Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   European tour - the stage (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70551)

Jack27 05-08-2019 05:00 PM

European tour - the stage

While we wait to see it for the first time...anyone want to have a bit of fun and guess what it could be like? I think Jon's brother Matt tweeted that it's the biggest production ever for Bon Jovi

Supersonic 05-08-2019 06:21 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1252750)
While we wait to see it for the first time...anyone want to have a bit of fun and guess what it could be like? I think Jon's brother Matt tweeted that it's the biggest production ever for Bon Jovi

I've got it on good authority it's a ship. Here's a picture of what it looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/JKLK4vv.jpg

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

YOVANAfromPeru 05-08-2019 11:16 PM

I heard... the stage is a big cassette.

Dave88 05-15-2019 10:54 PM

Stage looks very basic, very similar to the indoor one.

There's a gap in the middle which confirms a straight catwalk and not a circular one.

https://postimg.cc/47fgLsBb

Thinny 05-16-2019 12:42 AM

Yeah, they are not going to put their "biggest production ever" out for this tour. Every time Matt says something, he makes himself seem more and more ridiculous...I honestly can't take anything he says seriously.

bonjovi90 05-16-2019 01:24 AM

For the money I've paid, I want something spectacular. There's a lot to bitch about the BWC tour, but the stage was cool :cool:

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252751)
Aloha !

I've got it on good authority it's a ship. Here's a picture of what it looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/JKLK4vv.jpg

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Omg is the ship sinking? 😂

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252891)
Yeah, they are not going to put their "biggest production ever" out for this tour. Every time Matt says something, he makes himself seem more and more ridiculous...I honestly can't take anything he says seriously.

Matt is not even touring with the band anymore. Why is he commenting on the stage?

liljovi93 05-16-2019 11:39 AM

It wasn't Matt who said about the stage production was it? Wasn't it Tony?

Either way, I'm not expecting much.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 05-16-2019 11:53 AM

Seeing as Jon hardly moves anymore it will probably be smaller.

Jack27 05-16-2019 12:09 PM

To be fair that does only show the basic stage. It could well be that there's more going on (big screens behind the stage etc)

kleman 05-16-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1252904)
To be fair that does only show the basic stage. It could well be that there's more going on (big screens behind the stage etc)

Looks like there will be a big screen, shape of a house in the the back.

DestinationJovi 05-19-2019 08:09 PM

Matt has now added his two cents.

His job was security for Jon. Why does a cool looking stage make him "a little bummed" he quit? So stupid.

https://twitter.com/themattbongiovi/...780477441?s=21

steel_horse75 05-20-2019 10:32 AM

I was at Wembley yesterday. Forgot how big it is.
Hope they’ve shifted a few tickets as it would look awful half full.
Anyone know how it’s doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 05-20-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1252977)
I was at Wembley yesterday. Forgot how big it is.
Hope they’ve shifted a few tickets as it would look awful half full.
Anyone know how it’s doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard Wembley has done pretty well but could be lies.

Any promotion around the place at all?

steel_horse75 05-20-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1252978)
I heard Wembley has done pretty well but could be lies.

Any promotion around the place at all?

None at all.
Pretty soulless place.

james_d 05-20-2019 12:10 PM

According to ticket master golden circle is sold out for Wembley but there is still normal standing and seated available, but I don't know how much

Dicanio 05-20-2019 10:14 PM

Ticketmaster have just dropped a load more tickets for the UK shows. GC available for all venues as I type.

Either they have made the GC even bigger or these shows aren’t selling well.

Supersonic 05-20-2019 10:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1252991)
Either they have made the GC even bigger or these shows aren’t selling well.

They can't make GC area's bigger as they're only allowed a certain number of people in a restricted area. There's only 2 "exits". As far as I know every GC area holds about 5.000 people. The tickets they're releasing are the ones that haven't been sold through package deals.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dicanio 05-20-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252992)
Aloha !

They can't make GC area's bigger as they're only allowed a certain number of people in a restricted area. There's only 2 "exits". As far as I know every GC area holds about 5.000 people. The tickets they're releasing are the ones that haven't been sold through package deals.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That makes sense. With Plenty of tickets being listed daily on Twickets there could be some bargains available over the next few weeks.

efpg0708 05-22-2019 02:23 AM

To be honest, I donÂ’t care about the stage that much. Take a look at the 2010/2011 stages: just a big screen showing the band, and we had fantastic shows. For me, itÂ’s about the music and the passion.

Another example: IÂ’m a big Pink Floyd diehard. IÂ’ve seen a lot of both Roger and David gigs, and three of them in particular comes to mind:

In 2018, Roger came to Brazil with his soccer field sized screen, with tons of lasers, space ships and so on ... but with a flat band, his pre-recorded vocals, terrible backsingers and tons of hyprocritical political speeches and images ... I left during the intermission.

On the other hand, David came in 2015 with just a big screen showing him and the band playing, said two of three words to the audience, but played with such passion and emotion that everybody left feeling like they had witnessed something special. There were more than 55.000 people in there that day. On the contrary, in 2006, I saw him at the Rosemont Theater in Chicago. There wasnÂ’t even a screen, as the place is tiny. The end result was the same.

Bon Jovi used to be all about JonÂ’s singing and emotion on stage, his interaction with Richie together with RichieÂ’s guitar sound, all put together by a fantastic band. Now that most of that is gone, I couldnÂ’t care less about what the stage looks like.

Cheers

Eduardo

Eveline 05-22-2019 07:28 AM

Ditto! This is going to be my very first BJ gig and all I care is just being there in the crowd singing the songs and having good time! Since Richie's not there, I don't care about the stage. Frankly, the less I see, the more I feel and I sorta want to pretend it's my good old band I fell in love with.

Elvistico 05-22-2019 12:27 PM

A great production definitely adds to the show.
Visuals are the extra touch to a great performance. We are all sensitive to get all our senses stimulated. U2, The Stones, Roger Waters, Muse, Coldplay Rammstein, Metallica. All fantastic performing bands with amazing productions. I really hope Bon Jovi is getting back to their stage designs that they used for the One Wild Night tour, The Bounce Tour, Have a nice day Tour or the WAN tour.

Only Bruce Springsteen truly doesn't care about what it looks like but let's all admit that Jon isn't the performer he used to be and he does not have Springsteens charisma to become the storyteller or the performer that draws the attention to him anymore.

For the money of their tickets and the size of the venues, I hope we get blown away by the production as well as the music / sound.

Sure, the production can never make up for a poor performance so it will be the musical performance that will set the bar for the shows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1253007)
To be honest, I donÂ’t care about the stage that much. Take a look at the 2010/2011 stages: just a big screen showing the band, and we had fantastic shows. For me, itÂ’s about the music and the passion.

Another example: IÂ’m a big Pink Floyd diehard. IÂ’ve seen a lot of both Roger and David gigs, and three of them in particular comes to mind:

In 2018, Roger came to Brazil with his soccer field sized screen, with tons of lasers, space ships and so on ... but with a flat band, his pre-recorded vocals, terrible backsingers and tons of hyprocritical political speeches and images ... I left during the intermission.

On the other hand, David came in 2015 with just a big screen showing him and the band playing, said two of three words to the audience, but played with such passion and emotion that everybody left feeling like they had witnessed something special. There were more than 55.000 people in there that day. On the contrary, in 2006, I saw him at the Rosemont Theater in Chicago. There wasnÂ’t even a screen, as the place is tiny. The end result was the same.

Bon Jovi used to be all about JonÂ’s singing and emotion on stage, his interaction with Richie together with RichieÂ’s guitar sound, all put together by a fantastic band. Now that most of that is gone, I couldnÂ’t care less about what the stage looks like.

Cheers

Eduardo

Dave88 05-22-2019 01:15 PM

Stage is being set up in Belgium, so I guess the band will spend a few days there to rehearse and test screen, lights, etc. before moving to Moscow.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YnWYCdW/Screen...-Instagram.jpg

Elvistico 05-22-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1253014)
Stage is being set up in Belgium, so I guess the band will spend a few days there to rehearse and test screen, lights, etc. before moving to Moscow.

That is true because of the Stageco Production. I was hoping there would be more pictures like this? Where did you find this one?

Supersonic 05-22-2019 04:20 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

No, they won't. The stage is setup in Belgium because of the production company for most big concert stages being from Belgium. There's 2 concert stages and there'll be subtle differences between them as well. They'll do a run through there with the crew and then take it down for transport. The first time the band will see the stage in person will be in Moscow.

Seeing as Moscow is a 3 day drive from Belgium and they need 3 days to set it up chances are your picture is either from them taking it down or a few days older than today. Going by what the stage looks like I think it's nice but I still prefer the car. I think their car stage is one of the best concert stages I've ever seen.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Elvistico 05-23-2019 10:32 AM

Correct. Too bad I didn't think about it any sooner. The place where they 'test' the stage setup is actually in Werchter. Not on the actual festival ground but just a small field nearby. That's where they set it up :)

Too bad this topic wasn't launched a bit earler - it would have been my cue to drive over there and go and take some pictures :)

For the WAN tour, since the stage was pretty particular, some photos made it to the press and they published it. This time, even if it's all gonna look cool, people over there get to see new stages all the time, so they won't be bothered to take photos of it.

At the same time, on the festivalground itself, they have started to prepare for the ROCK Werchter festival itself, so there also a lot of construction going on.

The only thing I am affraid of is that they won't be using their own stage in Werchter, but they will use the Rock Werchter stage. I hope not, but I think so.

Have a nice day y'all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1253018)
Aloha !

No, they won't. The stage is setup in Belgium because of the production company for most big concert stages being from Belgium. There's 2 concert stages and there'll be subtle differences between them as well. They'll do a run through there with the crew and then take it down for transport. The first time the band will see the stage in person will be in Moscow.

Seeing as Moscow is a 3 day drive from Belgium and they need 3 days to set it up chances are your picture is either from them taking it down or a few days older than today. Going by what the stage looks like I think it's nice but I still prefer the car. I think their car stage is one of the best concert stages I've ever seen.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

prayer_84 05-23-2019 01:04 PM

My two cents regarding the stage... I think we have already seen it ... in Australia in December 2018. Didn't they bring their European stages down under in 2010 and 2013? That's why I think they'll be using the same setup as the one in December 2018.

Regarding the only show that I will attend this year - Bucharest - I highly doubt to see Bon Jovi's stage here because The Cure is playing at the same venue on the VERY NEXT day and the promoter is the same - D&D East Entertainment. So that's a bummer, a huge one.

Xavi 05-23-2019 01:16 PM

I dont know how to upload pics on that message board,but there are already pics from the stage on twitter.
Very very standard stage
For me,very similar to the Lost Highway tour one,but,with the big difference of a huge screen on the back of the whole scenario.

steel_horse75 05-23-2019 04:54 PM

Wonder if Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and Eagles will share the same stage at Wembley as they all play there on 3 consecutive days?
Means Jovi's has to come down as soon as they leave stage and Billy Joels guys will literally have to be outside waiting to get in and then the same again for Eagles! Seems a lot of hard work. Might as well just share the same stage but modify it a bit for each artist.

DestinationJovi 05-24-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

A catwalk Jon will never use. Cool :cool:

Javier 05-26-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1253063)
A catwalk Jon will never use. Cool :cool:

He'll use it. That's where he'll sing Amen and Bed of Roses!! And then of course forget it exists :D....

rolo_tomachi 05-26-2019 09:00 PM

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...10&oe=5D61438B

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a7&oe=5D57E14D

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b2&oe=5D64C12C

DestinationJovi 05-27-2019 12:24 AM

The screens look gorgeous.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5rS8Lg...d=ivl0gwc3gkdz

rokenrola 05-27-2019 12:37 AM

stage looks great with those big screens,I like it.

bonjovi90 05-27-2019 04:14 AM

Really curious to see these screens in action, especially on the dark.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Jonty 05-27-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1253098)

That's the issue with the summer european tour, at least half the concert is over before you get the real affect of the screens. Dublin RDS last time, the sun is in the bands eyes which meant into the screen so until the sun goes down, you see less of the screen affects.

PanosBonJovi 05-27-2019 09:24 PM

For the first time in years we finally gonna get an actually approachable stage for the people standing in front of the stage. "Sofia" was way too high for anyone in front to be able to see the whole band as far as I can recall while Open Air Tour was also high enough that people could barely see Tico.

Walleris 05-28-2019 12:38 PM

I'm not the one who is often positive nowadays, but the stage looks much better than I expected it to be. Not very creative, but very solid.

Sucks for Australian and South American fans I guess, but Jon always took Europe more seriously. Hopefully this is reflected in the setlists too, not just in CapEx.

bjcrazycpa 05-28-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1253098)

Same here!!