Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Richie Sambora, does he save the live show? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70575)

hackster73 06-12-2019 11:28 PM

Richie Sambora, does he save the live show?

Simple really..

IF Richie Sambora turned up now does he save the live show?

You can keep either Shanks or X but would Sambora coming back be enough to keep the dream alive...

Over to you all.

liljovi93 06-12-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1254728)
Simple really..

IF Richie Sambora turned up now does he save the live show?

You can keep either Shanks or X but would Sambora coming back be enough to keep the dream alive...

Over to you all.

For me, yeah. Forget YouTube, a lot of people who go the shows are saying positive stuff. Don't get me wrong, a lot are saying some bad stuff too but I think with Richie's vocals and presence, it helps the shows a lot.

I personally really enjoyed the R&R HOF performance. Whether it was just because Richie was back where he belongs, I don't know, but I felt like I was watching Bon Jovi again. I don't feel like I am currently.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ticos_stick 06-12-2019 11:40 PM

I'd definitely go to the upcoming UK shows if Richie was still in the band.

I'm not sure he'd save the show for casuals though.

Thinny 06-12-2019 11:57 PM

His vocals and stage presence would really help to take the pressure off of Jon some. Would it save the show? I'm not sure, but it would certainly help things...Richie's vocals and playing are a big part of the Jovi sound for me and I really miss them....

Elvistico 06-13-2019 12:46 AM

I understand Sambora had become a bit the weakest link in the band but if he'd came back today, he would totally bring added value to the band.

At least it would be back to being a band with a captain and a wingman.

Question is what Richie is thinking when je sees Jon's performances.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

hackster73 06-13-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254737)
I understand Sambora had become a bit the weakest link in the band but if he'd came back today, he would totally bring added value to the band.

At least it would be back to being a band with a captain and a wingman.

Question is what Richie is thinking when je sees Jon's performances.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Not sure what he'd make of Jon's vocals but having another person playing guitar and solos of his songs must hurt to a degree.. Sambora will never be as popular as a solo artist as he was with Bon Jovi, what is he actually doing whilst the band are playing his songs to thousands of people?

Personally I do understand the need to step off the train in 2013 but 6 years on and he hasn't released anything worthwhile. Surely both parties are stronger together.

DavetheGodofKeys 06-13-2019 01:06 AM

Richie is not what he used to be, but if he came back, the crowd isn't only going to concentrate on Jon and notice his struggles. Their harmonies somehow cover up Jon's inability to song anymore. It happened at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, I think. When their voices sing together, it's like they're a perfect unit, that's how I can describe it. Even 35 years later, their voices compliment each other. Jon needs Richie more than ever right now.

ticos_stick 06-13-2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254737)
I understand Sambora had become a bit the weakest link in the band but

What makes you think that? On the last leg of the tour he he was performing very well.

hackster73 06-13-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1254741)
Richie is not what he used to be, but if he came back, the crowd isn't only going to concentrate on Jon and notice his struggles. Their harmonies somehow cover up Jon's inability to song anymore. It happened at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, I think. When their voices sing together, it's like they're a perfect unit, that's how I can describe it. Even 35 years later, their voices compliment each other. Jon needs Richie more than ever right now.

I'd take him coming in for the encore of wanted and prayer if nothing else

hackster73 06-13-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1254742)
What makes you think that? On the last leg of the tour he he was performing very well.

Maybe reliability rather than performance