Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Circle Era (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69513)

Nige 11-03-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1286183)
So next week is 14 years since The Circle was released.

Whats your views on it? like it? hate it?

When JBJ was doing those mini album reviews he said this album doesnt hold up and that was few years ago now.

The O2 were great gigs and although the album is bang average the tour was the last great tour.

I dont think i love any songs on this but can listen to WWWB, Superman Tonight, Thorn in my side, Brokenpromiseland and loves the only rule. Few others i dont mind.

There never were any bonus tracks for this and apparently the 2 ear marked for bonus tracks were used on the GH album a year later.

views????

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

The Circle was released in the UK the same day by Father passed away, so I will always link the two together and "Live Before You Die" resonates especially with me for that reason.

More objectively....generally it's a decent bunch of songs* with average production. IMO the songs worked a lot better live, and the O2 gigs were generally great, even if we didn't get the full album nights that were mentioned. Plus the tour setlists were superb, and Jon put his heart and soul into Love's The Only Rule every night which transformed the song.

* I exclude Fast Cars from this - one of my least favourite Jovi songs.

liljovi93 11-03-2023 03:19 PM

I love half and the other half I can take or leave.

Superman Tonight, Thorn In My Side, Brokenpromiseland, Loves The Only Rule & Happy Now I absolutely LOVE.

Learn To Love I will always have a soft spot for and I don't know why. I always thought it was a nice ending to the album.

Live Before You Die & Fast Cars aren't great yet I listen to them and don't feel the need to skip.

This album will always hold a soft spot for me. It was released when I was in first year of sixth form. I walked to school most days listening to the album. Playing videos games with the album on etc... it reminds me of a nice time in my life when I was 16 and didn't have much to care about.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thinny 11-03-2023 04:30 PM

I never got into this album. I like Love's The Only Rule and Superman Tonight. The rest I can live without

semigoodlooking 11-03-2023 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286193)
I never got into this album. I like Love's The Only Rule and Superman Tonight. The rest I can live without

Same for me, didn't like it from day 1. It is trying too hard. I find it a cold album too, it all feels so calculated. Love's The Only Rule is the only song I like.

steel_horse75 11-03-2023 08:41 PM

Bullet....awful.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Sami 11-07-2023 11:00 PM

Sorry if this has already been discussed to death on this forum…

But I was just thinking about This Is Love, This Is Life. If I remember correctly, the song was supposed to be on TC as well. Didn’t JB say the song was something like 7 minutes long to begin with? It was a song he said he believed would become an obvious hit. Then, for some reason, it never made TC and later on, it was re-recorded for the GH album. They even changed the title, which was originally ‘This Ain’t Love’.

Does anyone have any deeper info on this? I would love to hear the original version on the forthcoming (?) box set (probably only in my dreams, though).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 11-08-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1286256)
Sorry if this has already been discussed to death on this forum…

But I was just thinking about This Is Love, This Is Life. If I remember correctly, the song was supposed to be on TC as well. Didn’t JB say the song was something like 7 minutes long to begin with? It was a song he said he believed would become an obvious hit. Then, for some reason, it never made TC and later on, it was re-recorded for the GH album. They even changed the title, which was originally ‘This Ain’t Love’.

Does anyone have any deeper info on this? I would love to hear the original version on the forthcoming (?) box set (probably only in my dreams, though).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't recall him saying anything about a 7 min version but the info stems from an interview he did with Masanori Itō to promote The Circle. It was a track Masa pointed out was very good but Jon said it was pulled so that tells you that if it was on the promo disc being given out to press junkets, it was pulled very very last minute.

The defunct torrent I found from before The Circle even came out had it by it's later title though so the whole thing is very confusing.

Sami 11-10-2023 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1286260)
I don't recall him saying anything about a 7 min version but the info stems from an interview he did with Masanori Itō to promote The Circle. It was a track Masa pointed out was very good but Jon said it was pulled so that tells you that if it was on the promo disc being given out to press junkets, it was pulled very very last minute.

The defunct torrent I found from before The Circle even came out had it by it's later title though so the whole thing is very confusing.

Thank you for the additional info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grantos1 11-10-2023 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1286260)

It's safe to say that torrent will still be discussed on this board on The Circle's 20th anniversary.

JoviAlex77 11-16-2023 12:20 AM

My favourite songs are Brokenpromiseland, Thorn in my side, We weren't born to follow and from the GH This is love, this is life. The rest of the album is ok, except When we were beautiful which is just boring. In my ranking of this century albums this one comes fourth, behind Have a nice day, Crush and Bounce.