Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Realistically speaking, which Bounce song should have been on the Greatest Hits album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70657)

JackieBlue 11-13-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259966)
Lost Highway doesn't deserve to be anywhere - neither setlists nor GH tracklists :mrgreen:

Totally, totally, totally disagree!:mrgreen:
Okay... I might agree that it could take a break from setlists; but that's just because Jon ain't got good quittin' sense when it comes to wearing some songs out. Especially when they include perhaps his favorite of all the lines he's ever written. Maybe if the Patron Saint of Lonely Souls would tell that boy which way to go, he'd temporarily lose it on the way. :D

WILDJOVIMAN 11-13-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259966)
Lost Highway doesn't deserve to be anywhere - neither setlists nor GH tracklists :mrgreen:

Jon hates you !! :-) LOL

Faceman 11-13-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1259968)
Jon hates you !! :-) LOL

But he's right anyway :D

Lost Highway just sucks.

polevka 11-13-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1259969)
Lost Highway just sucks.

I'm more with JackieBlue on this topic. I don't think I could name 10 songs that have been released since then which I clearly prefer.

bonjovi90 11-13-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polevka (Post 1259970)
I'm more with JackieBlue on this topic. I don't think I could name 10 songs that have been released since then which I clearly prefer.

Maybe I've just grown to hate it since it gets shoved down people's throats in a similar vein as Captain Crash. And it was one of the most dreadful performances this year in Munich, maybe only lowered by Bad Medicine (and that's saying a lot).
Maybe I just didn't really like it from the beginning since I can live easily with Whole Lot of Leavin' which roughly gets the same treatment in terms of being put onto setlists.

polevka 11-13-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259971)
Maybe I've just grown to hate it since it gets shoved down people's throats in a similar vein as Captain Crash. And it was one of the most dreadful performances this year in Munich, maybe only lowered by Bad Medicine (and that's saying a lot).

This I can completely understand. I'm even able to grow tired of songs I really like. Just glad that this feeling usually doesn't last forever.

rolo_tomachi 11-13-2019 09:04 PM

What makes me angry is that he replaced Just Older for Lost Highway. That sucks, because I never got tired of listening to Just Older during 2000-2006 and Jon stopped playing it because of the fault of Lost Highway. I could be happy with Just Older into the set list for life.

Captain_jovi 11-13-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1259973)
What makes me angry is that he replaced Just Older for Lost Highway. That sucks, because I never got tired of listening to Just Older during 2000-2006 and Jon stopped playing it because of the fault of Lost Highway. I could be happy with Just Older into the set list for life.

Curious, what are you basing that on that that exact decision was made?

bonjovi90 11-14-2019 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259974)
Curious, what are you basing that on that that exact decision was made?

I don't think it can be backed up by hard facts, but I get rolo's logic in this case. Ever since its introduction onto the setlists in 2000, Just Older switched from a regular to a semi-regular, depending on the tour and on the subsequent leg. After the Lost Highway tour, when the title track got moved from the opening slot into the "beloved" LH/WLOL combo (2009), Just Older immediately vanished into the rarity status and fell into oblivion after that tour.

Captain_jovi 11-14-2019 02:20 AM

Hah, I guess I never really....picked up on that! I don't think it was quite that intentionally linked but they're both mid tempo songs with a lot of acoustic guitar so maybe! I could never blame that song for taking away JO. Just feel like they got tired of it. Especially without Richie there.