Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favourite BJ Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=687)

Dan 08-16-2002 04:20 PM

Favourite BJ Album

Hey everyone,
Can u all let me know wot ur favourite bj album is (not including bounce, or any best of's), up to this point? I am mainly interested in the band albums, but if u wanna let us know that u love a solo album....please let us know.

Sambo-Chris 08-16-2002 04:45 PM

I voted for KTF as my fav band-album. With this it all started for me and I still think it's their best.

Regarding solo-albums it's a tie between US and Stranger. Maybe US because I've seen him live with this album and it brings back some great memories.

Becky 08-16-2002 05:27 PM

My favorite band album is Keep the Faith. The lyrical content of that album is fantastic. Overall, my favorites are Destination Anywhere and Blaze of Glory though--again, for lyrical content. Blaze is such an insight into what was going on in Jon's mind at that time. It is a very emotionally charged CD. Destination is full of heart and soul and, musically, was innovative, interesting, and yet still rocked when it needed to and swept me away when it needed to. Then it would be hard to choose between New Jersey, Crush, and These Days. They are all fantastic too.

Becky

Dan 08-18-2002 03:28 AM

hey,
my favourite album is also keep the faith. I just think that you can't beat the line up of I believe, Keep the faith, I'll sleep when i'm dead, In these arms, bed of roses, dry county, blame it on the love, and a little bit of soul. Keep the faith is a flawless album, because it doesn't have a single bad song on it.
-Dan-

{_Warrior_} 08-18-2002 04:28 AM

I voted for These Days, the album is really great, I enjoy a lot Hey God, these days, Something to believe in lyrics.

Taija 08-18-2002 09:18 AM

I have to say that I was a bit surprised that Keep the faith is winning... I always thought SWW or NJ would be everyone's fave album, people always talk about the "good old 80s". I don't like KTF that much, I originally had it as a cassette because I didn't have a cd-player back then and I usually listened only the A-side. I didn't like the songs on the B-side (except I want you). So I guess I really haven't given these songs a chance after that either, the same was with Raise your hands. I didn't like it back then (when I was <10 years :lol: ) so I have never tried to change my mind, although I might like different songs than 10 or 15 years ago. I think I have to try. :D I bought all the cd's around '95 and listened to them very much and changed my mind about many songs but not about these. :cry:

Mr Bluesman 08-18-2002 04:26 PM

I went for New Jersey! But I like all of Bon Jovi's albums.

Sara 08-18-2002 05:29 PM

My avatar can tell you which one I voted :D ! KTF is my very close second. The thing with KTF is that there are a few tracks on it that I just don't really like and usually skip. But on the other hand my favourite song is on KTF (Dry County). From SWW I don't skip any of the songs and my second favourite (Prayer) is on that one... But it's always a tough decision, they're all good. It kinda depends on my mood as well...
-- Sara

Rosscoe 08-19-2002 07:45 AM

It will always be a hard choice for most BJ fans, but I love most of the songs of KTF, I Believe, Faith, Sleep When I'm Dead, Dry County, etc. But I voted for NJ because it has a lot of fun live songs, and a few underated songs like Wild is the Wind, and Stick to your guns. While it has big hits like Lay your Hands, Bad Medicine, Born to be my Baby and I'll be there for you. And while I'm in the car I just love turning up the volume for 99 in the shade just because I can.

p.s. Who can go past Ride Cowboy Ride anyway. :lol:

cya

cih_hr 08-19-2002 03:14 PM

I voted for These days, but it was a hard choice. I love all of Bon Jovi's albums, New Jersey my very close second.
Nat