Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Question about Kiss DVD. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=26636)

Arash 08-03-2004 01:27 AM

Question about Kiss DVD.

is there a dvd from any concerts from the psycho circus tour?

Bleeding Purist 08-03-2004 05:49 AM

Official? No.

Bootleg? Yeah....Buenos Aires 1999...and it shows why the Originals never should have gotten back together for more than a one-off tour. It's highly recommended you skip it.

Arash 08-03-2004 05:55 AM

really? i was looking if there was an official one, but i'll take ur ur advise and i wont be looking for the bootleg...

so is there any live dvd at all with the originals?

Iceman 08-03-2004 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arash

Official? No. There really aren't KISS DVD's other than Alive IV, Second Coming and Xposed.

Ice

Stut 08-03-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

Official? No. There really aren't KISS DVD's other than Alive IV, Second Coming and Xposed.

Ice

Konfidential/X-Treme Close-Up?

Iceman 08-03-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut-The-Finn

Yep. That too. Has anyone seen Animalize DVD yet?

Ice

Stut 08-03-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ice

Havenīt SEEN it but itīs available @ dvdbrazil.com. http://www.dvdbrazil.com/comersus/st...p?idproduct=57

Bleeding Purist 08-03-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ice

Have it...they did a pretty good job on it considering it will never see the light of day domestically. The only draw back is the permanent Portuguese subtitles. Otherwise the picture is very clear and the sound is good...there is 5.1..though I haven't tried it....it's not supposed to be very good. Wouldn't expect much for something originally released with 2.0 on VHS in 1985.

Bleeding Purist 08-03-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

really? i was looking if there was an official one, but i'll take ur ur advise and i wont be looking for the bootleg...

No, there is no official live DVD with the Originals...yet. Honestly....if it's post 1996...anything live involving the Originals is undocumented and unreleased for a reason....they were crap. They sold on the basis of nostalgia and some very unrealistic ideas/perceptions about the Original members.

Most people just go by "The Last KISS" Pay Per View airing as an official live show with the Originals (from New Jersey 2000.) It really puts it to light how bad they sounded...I've never been able to bring myself to watch it for more than a few minutes after watching the complete show initially when it aired. All the songs just seem "dead" and you are left wishing you were listening to the studio albums. That wasn't what KISS was about prior to 1996.

If you want to enjoy the Originals...they are best enjoyed for their work together pre-1977. Eventually....classic concerts from the 70s will see the light of day on DVD....it's the band's last cash crop when they fold up everything else.

In the meantime, next on the horizon is apparently a new LIVE DVD filmed in Washington DC this year. It does suck that Gene Simmons has been short sighted and put Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer in Peter Criss and Ace Frehley's make-up designs/costumes....but beyond that...the new stage show is actually very good and anytime Eric Singer is on the drum kit with KISS it's worth getting excited. This tour, concert attendees are getting the full package in terms of stage show and music with the energy to boot. For the last 8 years prior....it had been just the stage show along with low energy and the music was best forgotten....try listening to a soundboard recording of any of the tours from 1996 to 2000 without the benefit of visuals.

StoneDeaf 08-04-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ice

Yup, got it :) pm or something if u need it. Also, I just recieved very damn cool 2-dvd version of Unplugged, as far as I know of, its complete session.