Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hammersmith Odeon 1990 Photo (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68514)

sirpercy 05-06-2014 09:49 PM

Hammersmith Odeon 1990 Photo

....coming soon....check Ross Halfin's facebook page!
(with Foto of BJ with Jimmy Page at Hammersmith......hint?)

Captain_jovi 05-06-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirpercy (Post 1176202)
....coming soon....check Ross Halfin's facebook page!
(with Foto of BJ with Jimmy Page at Hammersmith......hint?)

I'm just seeing "Bon Jovi The Hammersmith Odeon January 10th 1990 with Jimmy Page playing "With A Little Help From My Friends". I had completely forgotten about this show..." where are you seeing those words?

bonjovi90 05-07-2014 12:37 AM

One of the comments stated it but I guess it was rather a wish than any sort of real announcement!

Rdkopper 05-07-2014 01:34 AM

Please post the link next time instead of saying to check out a page.

Here is the link!
https://www.facebook.com/rosshalfinofficial

Awesome Pic of Jon!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

So now what does this have to do with the New Jersey Deluxe Edition? Please explain more? I'm not putting the connection together.

(The fact that I just mentioned this show in an unrelated topic is pretty cool though. I said this was the more desirable show which consisted of a lot of covers.)

Rdkopper 05-07-2014 05:48 AM

I can't get over how cool that pic is.

- Jon is playing a 12 string chilling out in the background.

- Damm, I miss Alec. He's watching Jimmy's guitar notes to figure out his bass lines. He was more than some amateur bass player and he had an outstanding vocal range. (He wasn't kicked out of the band for making mistakes. He couldn't handle Jon's business / work ego)

- And Richie is in his glory just keeping up with his guitar teacher / hero.

Man! The good old days! I mean, THE GREAT OLD DAYS!!!

Rdkopper 05-07-2014 05:52 AM

Mods, you might want to move this out of the new and into the general section. There is no NJ Deluxe Edition associated with this picture.

But gosh, this is the first time I wish I was wrong.

sirpercy 05-07-2014 06:32 AM

Halfin actually removed his original comment. He stated, in relation with the pic:

Found this pic while looking for some pictures for the New Jersey Deluxe Edition CD which is coming soon

Johny 05-07-2014 09:38 AM

You better not be kidding! :)

Bounce7800 05-07-2014 11:47 AM

Great photo.

I can't see there being a deluxe version of New Jersey without Slippery having been done first.

rolo_tomachi 05-07-2014 01:16 PM

cadillac man is getting closer to being released.

Rdkopper 05-07-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176222)
cadillac man is getting closer to being released.

Exactly my first thoughts...

Rdkopper 05-07-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirpercy (Post 1176215)
Halfin actually removed his original comment. He stated, in relation with the pic:

Found this pic while looking for some pictures for the New Jersey Deluxe Edition CD which is coming soon

Oh shit! This is HUGE! I'm sure he was just looking for vintage, never seen before photos of that era, to include in the packaging and not necessarily in connection with that show but a deluxe edition could mean something really great!!!!

We might finally get that double CD of New Jersey that we have all been wishing for. All those demos plus more unreleased songs (maybe even Cadillac Man, In America, House Of Fire, Etc)... I really don't need anymore live material from that time. Although I wouldn't complain, I'd just rather have unreleased songs.

And to the comment above regarding Slippery going first. Yes, I agree and wish but there might not be enough material to complete such a project.

Excellent find. And to think that he actually removed the comment means he opened his mouth too soon. Well the cats out of the bag now.

Now that I think about it. A while back a fan here met Obie and they had a conversation about the NJ demos. Obie did say he's take a look. Maybe he actually came through.

Lucas_Roli 05-07-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirpercy (Post 1176215)

OMG!!!
I really hope this is a true statement, my heart would explode if we'd get a high quality Caddilac Man and probably some other NJ demos.

bonjovidudes 05-07-2014 08:30 PM

Maybe this is part of the 30th anniversary celebration: deluxe versions of the classics SWW, NJ, KTF & These days with a bonus cd or dvd. Would be awesome!
Most deluxe versions from Universal are great, but then again, knowing Bon Jovi, they'll probably fill it with stuff that hasn't been released on dvd yet (SWW-the videos, Access all areas, An evening with etc.) instead of making it truly special. Still: fingers crossed for the good stuff!

Condor_29 05-07-2014 09:16 PM

I'd like to hear a live version of Wanted, this would really be a great idea :D

Dave 1986 05-08-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovidudes (Post 1176237)
Maybe this is part of the 30th anniversary celebration: deluxe versions of the classics SWW, NJ, KTF & These days with a bonus cd or dvd. Would be awesome!
Most deluxe versions from Universal are great, but then again, knowing Bon Jovi, they'll probably fill it with stuff that hasn't been released on dvd yet (SWW-the videos, Access all areas, An evening with etc.) instead of making it truly special. Still: fingers crossed for the good stuff!

I'd be happy enough with just that. Bout time those old VHS' were issued on DVD. Would be much more interested in old demos and provided the album(s) get a decent non-compressed mastering.

SuperBrad 05-08-2014 01:02 AM

Id give up a kidney for a studio version of Cadillac Man ....

Pstmatt 05-08-2014 02:39 AM

I've always the thought the SWW Dual Disc was pretty cool. Going back to original tapes and remixing. I love the guitar intro on NSG. I mixed down the 5.1 mix to stereo and listen to it all the time. But, yeah, a deluxe NJ with old demos would be awesome...if they do it right!

Rdkopper 05-08-2014 04:59 AM

Hopefully there would be others but this is what I have so far.

Unreleased Songs:
Backdoor to Heaven
Does Anyone Really Fall In Love Anymore
Growing Up The Hard Way
Judgement Day
Love Hurts
Now and Forever
River Of Love
Rosie - Richie's version is on Stranger but you never know
In America
Cadillac Man
We All Sleep Alone - Richie song but you never know
House Of Fire - Long Shot
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Super Long Shot

Songs That Could Be Included:
Diamond Ring (Original Version)
Love For Sale (Full Version)
Let's Make It Baby - Although released, it could still be included
Love is War - Although released, it could still be included

rolo_tomachi 05-08-2014 12:00 PM

We need a full box set:

SWW unreleased songs: Never Enough, Game Of The Heart, Lonely Is The Night, Deep Cuts The Nife. I'd Die For You (alternative Demo), Never Say Goodbye (Richie on Vocals -demo).

NJ unreleased: Backdoor to Heaven, Does Anyone Really Fall In Love Anymore, Growing Up The Hard Way, Judgement Day, Love Hurts, Now and Forever, River Of Love, Rosie (Jon's version), In America, Cadillac Man, House Of Fire...

KTF= Skin Deep, Water into Wine, Love is just Another, Soul of Truth...

Sex Sells unreleased songs: Even In Your Imagination, Good Ain't Good Enough, Shadow Dancing, Someday You'll Ride Wild Horses, Forbidden Love, Gimmie Some, Life's Too Short For Days Like These...

Crying from Bounce.

Rumble in the house from AFL promo.

Nothing from HAND.

This Ain't Love from The Circle.

WAN unreleased songs= Shine, Times Like This, State of our Union...

Nige 05-08-2014 12:12 PM

Apparently the JBJ solo track Drive was originally a NJ demo as well so I would love to hear a full band version of that.....!

Alphavictim 05-08-2014 02:29 PM

There's also the acoustic version of Born To Be My Baby - the one released on the Living In Sin single (I believe?), and the original draft of the song, before it was re-arranged into a rock song.

If the band did what the Stones did for the Exile re-release, to finish up old songs that never got completed (In America, for example), that'd be awesome. It would probably require JBJ & RS to sort out their shit, though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176248)
This Ain't Love from The Circle.

I'm pretty sure the differences would be akin to those of the HAND tunes that got reworked (title track, I Wanna Be Loved and so on) - minor and mostly lyrical.

Lampinen 05-08-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1176249)
Apparently the JBJ solo track Drive was originally a NJ demo as well so I would love to hear a full band version of that.....!

Actually the song that was released as a DA single B-side is a song they cut during the recording of KTF. So there is no other version.

Lucas_Roli 05-08-2014 04:26 PM

Do you guys have any ideea how these demos started circulating around the web? Is there anybody on this forum who knows the people who took BJ's demos from their studios and started uploading them to the web?
And I don't mean the B-sides,I mean demos like the ones from NJ and SWW which are in ''bad quality'' which haven't been realeased officially anywhere.

Alphavictim 05-08-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1176255)
Do you guys have any ideea how these demos started circulating around the web? Is there anybody on this forum who knows the people who took BJ's demos from their studios and started uploading them to the web?
And I don't mean the B-sides,I mean demos like the ones from NJ and SWW which are in ''bad quality'' which haven't been realeased officially anywhere.

Those have been circulating as bootlegs for years. I guess somebody from the studio made some extra cash by making copies is how these got out?

Pstmatt 05-08-2014 06:04 PM

I remember buying the NJ & KTF demos bootleg CD in 1996! it was around that time I got the SWW demos CD as well. I have always found that the quality of the NJ demos CD is not terrible, i still listen to them to this day. They are by no means perfect quality, however the SWW sound awful to me. Such bad quality I cant listen and enjoy. Officially released NJ demos would be awesome!

Rdkopper 05-08-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1176257)
I remember buying the NJ & KTF demos bootleg CD in 1996! it was around that time I got the SWW demos CD as well. I have always found that the quality of the NJ demos CD is not terrible, i still listen to them to this day. They are by no means perfect quality, however the SWW sound awful to me. Such bad quality I cant listen and enjoy. Officially released NJ demos would be awesome!

No they are not terrible.

This is a little off topic but for those interested, I have my entire Bon Jovi collection on a 32MB SD Card. Every piece of audio I own is on there and it's all organized with different folders. The main folder with the albums is set-up in order by release so it starts with the Power Station Years and ends with WAN. This same particular folder however also contains live soundboard covers and anything else original, regardless of quality (So 98% of it contains everything released in HQ while the remaining 2% are the stuff like demos). The order I have everything in goes, album then secondary album. I even broke down the box-set by release. In this case, I have the New Jersey album, then the secondary album starts with Love Is War, The Boys Are Back In Town is thrown in there, Lets Make It Baby, then the NJ Demos, and it ends with Cadillac Man... After that starts Blaze.. Richie's stuff is in a separate folder.

When I listen to the songs in this particular order, it's actually quite enjoyable. Your ears will adjust to the quality and I actually don't mind them. Although I would prefer them with the best possible sound, I learned to accept them for what they are.

BTY, I'm actually on my second SD card. It's amazing when you look at that one chip and think that everything is on there. If there is a fire, that's the one thing I need to grab.

It's great because I had so much stuff that I never listened to but now that it's so accessible on my PC and Phone, I'm really digging deep and listing to stuff I haven't listened to in ages. That's one good thing about technology.

rocknation 05-09-2014 06:12 AM

Here's the (watermarked) Facebook pic:

Click here for the full-sized Facebook pic.

Click here for an of the show from YouTube.

And from Halfin's Web site:
Quote:

Heard I've just been banned from shooting JBJ because his office thinks I make him look too old.

Quite amazing, really, as the pictures you see are all approved by Jon. If you look on the contact sheets, you can even see where he signed them JBJ (his way of approving photos).

The strange thing about Jon is when you meet him he's always friendly and he's easy to shoot, yet his office insists on signing contracts which are in the league of Tom Cruise. They really enforce a Jersey Sopranos "us against them" bullshit.

Sad really -- as a photographer, whenever you get very friendly with an artist someone in his office always feels threatened...A shame, I've always liked Jon.
Here's hoping he can contribute the pic to the New Jersey deluxe set and get a little money out of Jon that way!

steel_horse75 05-09-2014 03:45 PM

I doubt we are getting a boxset. Would love a NJ outakes one though

I have all the demos and unlreased tracks - got them off youtube. As someone said - you get used to the quailty after a while. Some really great songs.

I even have the SWW ones as well.

Rdkopper 05-10-2014 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1176266)
Here's the (watermarked) Facebook pic:

Click here for the full-sized Facebook pic.

Click here for an audio MP4 of the show from YouTube.

And from Halfin's Web site:

Here's hoping he can contribute the pic to the New Jersey deluxe set and get a little money out of Jon that way!

In regards to his quote. What does he mean he's been banned for making him look too old? Really? Too Old? Or is that a nice way of telling him to get lost for posting the pic with the note about a Deluxe Edition Of NJ?

Rdkopper 05-10-2014 05:52 AM

I'm looking at this pic of Jon while listening to his recent cover of I Fought The Law and I just can't put the connection together. Its just not the same person.

Nige 05-10-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176317)
In regards to his quote. What does he mean he's been banned for making him look too old? Really? Too Old? Or is that a nice way of telling him to get lost for posting the pic with the note about a Deluxe Edition Of NJ?

The banning was in the late 90s-it's not related to the Deluxe Edition at all.

Lampinen 05-10-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

That's an older thing. Like 8-10 years, methinks.

Rdkopper 05-10-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1176333)

It has to be or else he wouldn't be pulling photos for them.

It's so interesting how Jon complains or gets frustrated when people discuss his looks and his hair but yet that's what his entire marketing strategy is based on.

Now he's supporting grey hair pretending to be George Clooney. George Clooney carries a sophisticated suit and tie look. Jon Bon Jovi is a pretty boy rock star. They couldn't be any more opposite with their look.

The more Jon opens his mouth about it, the more he confirms my initial statement about his grey hair "He's playing pretend Bill Clinton to be respected amongst his political / philanthropic peers",

Rdkopper 05-10-2014 03:19 PM

Back On Topic...

I just hope we get something good. Be prepared for a disappointment. It will most likely be a 5.1 remaster with some new images in the booklet.

I really don't think we are getting all those demos. If anything, maybe some live tracks.

If we did get those demos, I wonder who would be the credited musician and I truly wonder if they would have Hugh go into the studio and redo the bass tracks. They could also go something digital.

Nige 05-10-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176336)
Back On Topic...

I just hope we get something good. Be prepared for a disappointment. It will most likely be a 5.1 remaster with some new images in the booklet.

I really don't think we are getting all those demos. If anything, maybe some live tracks.

If we did get those demos, I wonder who would be the credited musician and I truly wonder if they would have Hugh go into the studio and redo the bass tracks. They could also go something digital.

From what people have said over the years I think it's safe to assume Hugh played on the demos/album so there shouldn't be any need to re-record anything. I'd also bet that Alec will be the credited bass player.

Rdkopper 05-10-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1176337)
From what people have said over the years I think it's safe to assume Hugh played on the demos/album so there shouldn't be any need to re-record anything. I'd also bet that Alec will be the credited bass player.

I don't know if I believe all that, even if it came out of Hughs mouth directly . I think he would want to be the man over Alec and speak in code to discredit him. Unless Alec himself said it, I'll never be convinced.

steel_horse75 05-11-2014 10:11 AM

Where's the proof there is anything being released at all?

Rdkopper 05-11-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1176362)
Where's the proof there is anything being released at all?

When the picture was initially posted on FB, there was a caption that stated it was for the Deluxe Edition... It has been taken down since.

I never saw it. I'm going by what the OP stated and someone else confirmed.

rocknation 05-13-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1176266)

...And from Halfin's Web site:

Heard I've just been banned from shooting JBJ because his office thinks I make him look too old.

Quite amazing, really, as the pictures you see are all approved by Jon. If you look on the contact sheets, you can even see where he signed them JBJ (his way of approving photos).

The strange thing about Jon is when you meet him he's always friendly and he's easy to shoot, yet his office insists on signing contracts which are in the league of Tom Cruise. They really enforce a Jersey Sopranos "us against them" bullshit.

Sad really -- as a photographer, whenever you get very friendly with an artist someone in his office always feels threatened...A shame, I've always liked Jon.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1176333)

Well, the pics that accompany his quote look like they're from the New Jersey through These Days eras, so I also suspect that the ban is at least a decade old. But that's not to say that your Deluxe Edition theory is wrong.

If they asked Halfin for the Odeon pic anyway, the BJ camp may very well be unhappy about his "jumping the gun" by mentioning the box set publicly.