Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What type of guitar is jon playing here? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52846)

Vettetrax 04-19-2011 04:13 AM

What type of guitar is jon playing here?

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys I just wanted to know if anyone here knew exactly what guitar jon is playing here, how long he has been using it and what songs he usually uses it for??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks guys!

btw pic is from Philadelphia March 2, 2011 if anyone is curious

TwinFan 04-19-2011 04:44 AM

It is a Deusenberg Starplayer TV. He's had it for 2 or 3 years now, and used it only on Thorn In My Side in 2010. During the Australian leg of the tour, he started using it more and more. Now (2011), he uses it on every song that he plays electric on. That includes, but is not limited to...

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Thorn In My Side
Runaway
Just Older

I Believe

The bolded songs are the only regulars. I personally like it better than his Tele. I love Telecasters, but I had gotten sick of Jon's Tele and it just didn't look as quality for wahtever reason to me.

Javier 04-19-2011 05:20 AM

when richie's playing that ESP guitar and Jon stands next to him with his Deusemberg it's the first time since I don't know when that I can say Jon's got the better guitar :?

Vettetrax 04-19-2011 06:52 AM

awesome help guys! appreciate it!

bounce442 04-19-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1046768)
It is a Deusenberg Starplayer TV. The bolded songs are the only regulars. I personally like it better than his Tele. I love Telecasters, but I had gotten sick of Jon's Tele and it just didn't look as quality for wahtever reason to me.

I have always been loyal to Fender and Gibson when it comes to electric guitars. However, this guitar suites Jon well. It makes me want to get one.

Also, I think if Jon was playing a vintage tele, it would have more character and not look so squireish. His teles are always so standard and plain. Or hell, go with the 72 reissue.

Crushgen24/88 04-19-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1046768)

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Thorn In My Side
Runaway
Just Older

I Believe

The bolded songs are the only regulars.

I don't know if I'd call Just Older a regular. Certainly not on the same level as Sleep and Runaway.

Jim Bon Jovi 04-22-2011 10:18 PM

It's a great guitar.

I have one just like it and when I posted the pics in a hot or not thread on a musicians forum I post on it's the first time that any guitar scored all hots from the posters. :D

Haja 04-23-2011 01:29 AM

Jon's face in that pic...

:lol:

samboraisgodUK 04-23-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1046769)
when richie's playing that ESP guitar and Jon stands next to him with his Deusemberg it's the first time since I don't know when that I can say Jon's got the better guitar :?

are you kidding? Richie's ESPs are awesome!

TwinFan 04-23-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1047002)
are you kidding? Richie's ESPs are awesome!

They're OK, but I'm sick of them. I only really like the red one he used a bit back in 2004/05 here.

He should get drop the ESP's and pick up some Fenders and Gibsons again.