Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official April 14, 2018, Public Auditorium, Cleveland, OH, U.S.A. thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70295)

Walleris 04-13-2018 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1238554)
No way 2 songs from the 80's from the same album. It's about history and growth...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Given how that album is responsible for 3 out of 5 of their biggest hits, you are being very bold (and not too bright) with this statement. Especially when one of the other two has no chance due to vocal demands of being opted for Jon to play on a high profile televised performance like this one.

There is no rule regarding this. GNR played songs from Appetite only.

Plus, what "it's about" is purely your interpretation.

Rdkopper 04-13-2018 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1238555)
Given how that album is responsible for 3 out of 5 of their biggest hits, you are being very bold (and not too bright) with this statement. Especially when one of the other two has no chance due to vocal demands of being opted for Jon to play on a high profile televised performance like this one.

There is no rule regarding this. GNR played songs from Appetite only.

Plus, what "it's about" is purely your interpretation.

Oh come on!!! Guns is a completely different story!!! First of all, no Axl... Second, it's not like they have many decades and Albums to choose from. Third, they don't give a shit like Jon does...
(So let's not throw stones about being bright brother).

The last thing Jon wants is for people to think it's all about the 80s and Slippery... He's got albums and hits/singles in every decade...

The Rock and Roll HOF is about influence... Think about it Mr Light Bright Head...

Walleris 04-13-2018 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1238556)
Oh come on!!! Guns is a completely different story!!! First of all, no Axl... Second, it's not like they have many decades and Albums to choose from. Third, they don't give a shit like Jon does...

The last thing Jon wants is for people to think it's all about the 80s and Slippery... He's got albums and hits/singles in every decade...

The Rock and Roll HOF is about influence... Think about it Mr Light Bright Head...

Is Rock Hall about influence? In your previous post you said it's about "history and growth", which one is it? More importantly, what does it have to do with what they're gonna play during the induction? How does the "influence" factor contribute to Bon Jovi playing less songs from the same album, especially given how that's their biggest album ever?

We are not debating what Jon wants to do or what he wants people to think. We are debating what Bon Jovi is going to play at the ceremony. Of course he would play This House if he was the sole man in charge, but he's not. Let's not forget the leverage Rock Hall can have on these things.

Let's make it interesting, I propose a bet. You said there's no chance they play 2 songs from the same album. I say they play 2 songs from Slippery. The loser doesn't post here for the whole next week, Monday to Sunday inclusive. I'm sure the rest of this board will be happy to take a break from one of us. What do you say?

Rdkopper 04-13-2018 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1238558)
Is Rock Hall about influence? In your previous post you said it's about "history and growth", which one is it? More importantly, what does it have to do with what they're gonna play during the induction? How does the "influence" factor contribute to Bon Jovi playing less songs from the same album, especially given how that's their biggest album ever?

We are not debating what Jon wants to do or what he wants people to think. We are debating what Bon Jovi is going to play at the ceremony. Of course he would play This House if he was the sole man in charge, but he's not. Let's not forget the leverage Rock Hall can have on these things.

Let's make it interesting, I propose a bet. You said there's no chance they play 2 songs from the same album. I say they play 2 songs from Slippery. The loser doesn't post here for the whole next week, Monday to Sunday inclusive. I'm sure the rest of this board will be happy to take a break from one of us. What do you say?

Deal.... Bet is on... however if they do more than 3 songs for some reason or some type of medley, the bet is off... The bet is, if they get three songs to choose from, two will not be from Slippery...

If Jon's going to hit the 80s twice, he's going to do something off New Jersey... He's got two bands up there, his old and new... knowing Jon, he's going to cover as much ground as he could...

The only reason why I'm saying no to Wanted is because it's a Jon and Richie song... It wasn't a number one hit or even a huge hit considering the times... It's a cool song, it's a guy's song...

I could even see a song like Lay Your Hands On Me or Keep The Faith so Richie and Phil could dual.

Walleris 04-13-2018 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1238561)
Deal.... Bet is on... however if they do more than 3 songs for some reason or some type of medley, the bet is off... The bet is, if they get three songs to choose from, two will not be from Slippery...

If Jon's going to hit the 80s twice, he's going to do something off New Jersey... He's got two bands up there, his old and new... knowing Jon, he's going to cover as much ground as he could...

The only reason why I'm saying no to Wanted is because it's a Jon and Richie song... It wasn't a number one hit or even a huge hit considering the times... It's a cool song, it's a guy's song...

I could even see a song like Lay Your Hands On Me or Keep The Faith so Richie and Phil could dual.

Agree on a three-song condition for the bet. However, one exception - if the fourth song is some random cover (ala Twist and Shout) for which members of all inductee bands join it to close the show, that doesn't count as the fourth song. It has to be more than three Bon Jovi songs.

I get your reasoning from Jon's point of view, I believe you're making a mistake in assuming that what Jon wants is what Bon Jovi will do. There are moving parts here. But let's see who's right.

Captain_jovi 04-13-2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1238556)

Right, which is why we're saying two of their biggest song from the 80s and one from the comeback. Three 80s tracks is way far fetched but two is pretty realistic. It will either be two from the 80s and IML or 1 from the 80s, IML and Who Says. I can't see anything from the 90s being represented as a greatest hit, bar Always.

Lucky0003 04-13-2018 05:52 AM

I’m glad that by Saturday evening we will finally know exactly what Jon decided to play.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhamATC 04-13-2018 06:39 AM

I hope they don't play IML but that's what they'll probably do.

HollyG 04-13-2018 07:12 AM

Guys, I genuinely enjoyed reading the thread. I had a good laugh. :)

My guess:
1. IML
2. These Days
3. THINFS

kleman 04-13-2018 07:26 AM

My guess:

1. Prayer/Wanted
2. IML
3. THINFS

So one or two (mix) from 80., It's my life from 00 and jam with "new" band with THINFS.