Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "Screw what other people think" thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69497)

Becky 04-24-2016 12:15 AM

The "Screw what other people think" thread

There are some widely held opinions on this board about certain songs or albums or videos. This is your opportunity to stand up and say you are unashamed to disagree. I'll start:

I LOVE Welcome to Wherever You Are! I think it should have been a huge hit!

I LOVE We Got It Going On! For me, it's a highlight of every show when I see it! If I'm having a bad day or a bad week, I can play this song on the way to work and it will make me feel better.

I LOVE the Lost Highway album and I don't mind at all when a set list is heavy with songs from this album.

I LOVE Beautiful World and I don't think the WAN album is nearly as bad as most of you do.

I've grown to dislike Never Say Goodbye. I actually change the station when it comes on the radio because I find the music very whiny and the lyrics pretty cheesy. Of course, I'd sing along for nostalgic reasons if they played it a concert because it does have nostalgic value. My 13 year old self likes it. My adult self thinks it's crap.

bonjovi90 04-24-2016 12:30 AM

I never got the widely spread love for The Distance and Novocaine.

KSantaFe 04-24-2016 12:55 AM

Not only do I love The Distance and Novocaine (particularly the latter), but I think TLFR is excellent! (barring I'll Be There For You and Olivia d'Abo). WAN's still poor though, imo;)

GabrielC 04-24-2016 03:07 AM

Wildflowers is one of the highlights of Have a Nice Day, and I always liked it!

rocknation 04-24-2016 04:10 AM

I still miss Bruce Fairbain.

Captain_jovi 04-24-2016 06:33 AM

I think Open all night (The bounce version) is one of the better post 2000 songs.

rosa3 04-24-2016 06:57 AM

As rocknation mentioned missing Bruce Fairbarn, he was supposed to produce the Crush album, but sadly he past away before he was to get started. I sometimes wondered what kind of sound the album would have had, and how more or less successful it would have been, also, would the band go to Vancouver to record or would they bring Bruce to NJ, Jon by this time had set up his big studio in his home. When they recorded Slippery, all members were single, no wives or kids to think of, by the time Crush was recorded, all members were married and their kids were still young and in grade school

Lucas_Roli 04-24-2016 07:15 AM

I loved Hearts Breaking Even from the very first listen.

bwehehehe 04-24-2016 08:42 AM

Room At The End of the World is in my top 10 BJ songs.
You can count by your fingers on how many times I listened to Who Says in full, live or otherwise.
I like WWWB and Superman Tonight.
For some odd reason I like to listen more on recent live recordings just to see up to how high Jon can reach a note.
I Wanna Be Loved is awesome!

Kriegentragen 04-24-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1200345)
I loved Hearts Breaking Even from the very first listen.

+1. I also love Crush (bar She is a mystery), specially Save the world. WAN isn't as bad for me as the most people in here think.

Also, I love I love this town, and I hope someday the band sings it at México City as the closing song.

Oh, and I skip Wanted more times than I play it.