Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ~ Official Giants Thread Night 3 29/7/06 ~ (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36534)

StickToYourGuns45 07-28-2006 01:29 PM

~ Official Giants Thread Night 3 29/7/06 ~

News, Setlist and predictions here.

Apparently jon said he had a few surprises for this show, i hope I Am is one of them.

jovi huni 07-28-2006 01:30 PM

i thought they finished the tour, or is this the last one?

StickToYourGuns45 07-28-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi huni
i thought they finished the tour, or is this the last one?

This is the last show of the Have A Nice Day Tour!

jovi huni 07-28-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45
This is the last show of the Have A Nice Day Tour!

really i didnt know that, i dont really care, i cant belive they didnt come here

kiddSambo 07-28-2006 02:29 PM

I bet the surprises won't even be songs. They'll be...guests, or something.
I hope 'I Am' is played though.

CBYU 07-28-2006 04:24 PM

I am not able to go (already did our road trip for the first night at Giants) but I want to wish all of you who are going an amazing time. I am excited to hear what the surprises are that Jon has planned and I won't even be there. So I can imagine just how excited you guys who are going must be. Anyway, enjoy and please keep us posted here on the board. I'll be keeping my computer on late into the evening to get your updates.

Thierry 07-28-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddSambo
I bet the surprises won't even be songs. They'll be...guests, or something.
I hope 'I Am' is played though.

Probably Jennifer Nettles.

ShaSha 07-28-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry
Probably Jennifer Nettles.

That's what I thought at first, but her band has a concert in Philadelphia that night.

TheseDays2005 07-28-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45
News, Setlist and predictions here.

Apparently jon said he had a few surprises for this show, i hope I Am is one of them.

the suprise will be: Dry County

SAMBORAGUY 07-28-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005

I agree but they already played that night 2. I'm thinking either I AM or LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME

kiddSambo 07-28-2006 05:37 PM

They should open with LYHOM. That'd be surprising.

Would be cool if they played something they've never done before, but I've learnt not to get my hopes up.

Jayster 07-28-2006 05:46 PM

I'm feeling Staring At Your Window With A Suitcase In My Hand followed by If God Was A Woman..... afterwards Dave takes the mic and tearfully announces what many of us have presumed for years. That he is in fact a she. He starts a big sob story about being bullied at school for having Rashbaum as a sirname.... "I mean, their jokes were always the ****ing same... 'Hey Dave' They'd say...'How's your ass? A bit itchy'.... I mean give me a break".... at which point Jon takes back control of the mic. Thankfully.

SamboraQueen21 07-28-2006 06:16 PM

There was news from a Moderator on BS that said those going to the last show at Giants are going to be a part of history.

My guess for the "big surprise" is... they are in fact going to film it for a DVD.

haveaniceday 07-28-2006 06:20 PM

Lets just hope the surprise isn't Wildflower. Jennifer Nettles or a dvd taping are the first to come to mind. I would highly doubt we'll hear I Am, plus no one really cares about hearing I Am so I doubt it would be hyped as a "surprise". Maybe some other country artist will appear for a song. Hope not though.

kiddSambo 07-28-2006 06:21 PM

Apart of history? NOW I have my hopes up.

DeeBomb 07-28-2006 08:53 PM

LYHOM wouldn't be too much of a surprise because they played it during the arena run.

I hope it's not Jennifer Nettles. Again, not really a big surprise and I like the song much better without her.

A DVD taping would be sweet!

My wish, although not necessarily "history making".. Chris Daughtry comes out and accompanies the band with Wanted.. I would literally burst!

Captain_jovi 07-28-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeBomb
LYHOM wouldn't be too much of a surprise because they played it during the arena run.

I hope it's not Jennifer Nettles. Again, not really a big surprise and I like the song much better without her.

A DVD taping would be sweet!

My wish, although not necessarily "history making".. Chris Daughtry comes out and accompanies the band with Wanted.. I would literally burst!

Ehhh, LYHOM was played like...once this tour as the TLFR version. But still, you're right, hardly much of a surprise.

Kathleen 07-28-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
There was news from a Moderator on BS that said those going to the last show at Giants are going to be a part of history.

My guess for the "big surprise" is... they are in fact going to film it for a DVD.

That would certainly make my day - or night :)

Kathleen

haveaniceday 07-28-2006 09:09 PM

Here's a response from the oh so knowing and polite Q&A from bj.com...

Question:
Jon said in Boston last night that there will be a few surprises in Jersey on saturday night. Can you give any clues as to what they will be?
asked by haveaniceday on Friday, July 28, 2006
Answer:
Why would we do that. a) we don't know. jon's the man. it's jon's surprise so how could we know? b) if we did know, why in the world would we tell YOU? why would we scoop Jon? c) it's a surprise -- deal with it. you'll need to be surprised on Saturday. And quite honestly, if you're going to build it up to be something massive and it doesn't live up to your expectations, we don't want to hear complaints! just go, have fun, enjoy a great concert.
answered by IDJ3 on Friday, July 28 , 2006 1:30

I actually think its going to be nothing compared to what everyone here is making it out to be. We've seen Jon's idea of a surprise in the past.

TheseDays2005 07-28-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday

I actually think its going to be nothing compared to what everyone here is making it out to be. We've seen Jon's idea of a surprise in the past.

exactly it will be something dull like misunderstood or thank you for loving me

SamboraQueen21 07-28-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeBomb

Ugh i know. I don't think of her as a big surprise and not really anything to get too excited about it.

I'm trying to work here but i'm dying of curiousity!

haveaniceday 07-28-2006 09:34 PM

After the last Giants show, people were getting arrested left and right out in the parking lot. Anyone know what that was all about?

Captain_jovi 07-28-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday
After the last Giants show, people were getting arrested left and right out in the parking lot. Anyone know what that was all about?

Best guess would be the counterfeit T-shirt guys getting busted. They were really getting hasseled and a fight nearly broke out.

Jonny Sambora 07-28-2006 10:20 PM

I cant wait for this gig!! We've been in NYC since sunday and are heading out early to take it all in!! Hopefully will meet some JT's there. We've made it to the dance!!

haveaniceday 07-28-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
Best guess would be the counterfeit T-shirt guys getting busted. They were really getting hasseled and a fight nearly broke out.

I saw a couple guys get arrested for public intoxication. But I also saw some state troopers going around from car to car and giving people a hard time after the show. Not sure if they were looking for underage drinking or what. Just figured someone might know.

zeve 07-28-2006 10:54 PM

What time is everyone going to arrive at the arena? Apparently Bon Jovi goes on at 9.

What time will the FIRST act go on?

Were there festivities outside the concert like there were back in 03?

ShaSha 07-28-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeve
What time is everyone going to arrive at the arena? Apparently Bon Jovi goes on at 9.

What time will the FIRST act go on?

Were there festivities outside the concert like there were back in 03?

The first band (The Yards) goes on at 7. Nickelback goes on at 7:40. Bon Jovi goes on at 9.

According to the Meadowlands website the parking lots will open at 2 but the stadium won't open until 6:30.

We're planning to get there around 5 I think. It's supposed to be really sunny and hot and humid tomorrow so I don't know if we'll want to hang around outside for hours.

zeve 07-28-2006 11:23 PM

Thanks for that ShaSha. Heres what I pulled off the Meadowlands site.
Quote:

If you are attending the concert...
- General Admission tickets enter the stadium at gate C
- Small non-professional cameras are allowed
- You can bring in one clear plastic bottle of water with the cap removed
- There is no quiet room for this concert
- Will Call is at gate D, windows 9-13 and opens at 4 PM

July 29 at 7 PM - Doors open at 6:30 PM
Opening Acts - TBD followed by Nickelback at 7:30 PM and Bon Jovi at 9 PM.

**SHOW TIME IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

CHECK OUT THE BANNER
http://www.njsea.com/sharedimages/jovi_banner1.jpg
http://www.njsea.com/sharedimages/jovi_banner2.jpg

Check out the massive banner celebrating Bon Jovi's upcoming concerts at Giants Stadium. The banner measures 50' x 180', is red, black and white and features the "Have a Nice Day" smirk. It is hanging on the east outer wall of Giants Stadium (between gates B and C under the "Giants Stadium" sign) and will be up until the end of the month. The banner is visible from Route 3 westbound and State Route 120.

Tickets available at Ticketmaster ticket centers, phones and Arena Box Office. Cash only at the Box Office.
Anyone know exactly when Buses begin running from Port Authority? I want to get this thread as imformative as possible.

And heres another tidbit about the show from the Q&A:

Question:
Is it going to be the same show that they did back in December?
asked by -me- on Thursday, July 27, 2006

Answer:
We can wholeheartedly assure you it won't be a repeat of 12/21.

ShaSha 07-28-2006 11:54 PM

The Port Authority bus should start running 2.5 hours before the show - so around 4:30 - and will continue until 7:30.

Here's the NJ Transit page about it with some good info: http://www.njtransit.com/nn_mbs_4.shtml

My advice if you're taking the bus: get there EARLY. The drive from the Port Authority to the Meadowlands should take less then 30 minutes, but if traffic is bad it can take over an hour. The bus is first come first served so the later you get there and get on a bus the more likely you are to be late for the show. Also, after the show you'll want to get back to the bus stop as soon as possible because they don't run buses all night and you don't want to be left there in the middle of the swamp with no way to get back!

(This is why I am renting a car. LOL)

Yvonne 07-29-2006 12:06 AM

Dont build your hopes up folks!!!!!!

SoRedtheRose 07-29-2006 12:55 AM

Bon Jovi goes on at 9:00!?!?! I have tno desire to see Nikelback, so should I arrive around 8:30?

I doubt the "surprise" is that groundbreaking...hopefully a DVD or CD. But unlikely...

windy miller 07-29-2006 01:18 AM

...I'm so excited for all you guys going!..it will be amazing...I thought I'd hate Nickleback...but really enjoyed them!..so get down there and make sure you see them too!

SoRedtheRose 07-29-2006 01:20 AM

I bet that the "surprise" is that Bon Jovi wil partake in Farm Aid or the Rainforest thingy at Giants Stadium.

And maybe I will give Nikelback a try...

danfan 07-29-2006 04:20 AM

Am I mistaken or isn't the cutoff time at Giants 11:00PM? If it is, and Bon Jovi doesn't hit the stage until 9:00, that really sucks. Only 2 hours for the last show of the tour, and at Giants?

danfan 07-29-2006 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005

Although I loved it at the 2nd Giants show, it tanked with 90% of the crowd. They won't do it again.

danfan 07-29-2006 04:30 AM

I gotta agree with those saying "don't get your hopes up". It's true - Jon makes these surprise announcements and most of the time, they disappoint.

I was so psyched in Boston to hear him say we're gonna play one of HAND we haven't played yet, thinking it would be I Am, then they break out Wildflowers and Jon messes up the first chorus.

It'll be something lame like Southside Johnny coming out to jam with him. Or, they'll end it with an acoustic version of Never Say Goodbye.

What I don't get is, why don't they REALLY throw everyone for a surprise and mix the hell out of the setlist? Not just the songs played, but the order they're played in. I think half the crowd would go into shock if they didn't play Bad Name 2nd, right after LMS. Open up with Bad Medicine, Helter Skelter or maybe I Believe. Just do SOMETHING different.

ShaSha 07-29-2006 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
Am I mistaken or isn't the cutoff time at Giants 11:00PM? If it is, and Bon Jovi doesn't hit the stage until 9:00, that really sucks. Only 2 hours for the last show of the tour, and at Giants?

Typically it is, but I doubt the curfew will be enforced for this show.

Actually the BonJovi.com Q&A people answered this:

Question:
I know that you guys said that there was different curfew times on weekends and weekdays. What time is the curfew at Giants on 7/29?
asked by JoviChick on Friday, July 28, 2006
Answer:
Curfew? We don't need no stinkin' curfew!
answered by BJ3 on Friday, July 28 , 2006 5:14 PM

SamboraQueen21 07-29-2006 05:58 AM

Damn there is a lot of negativity running through this thread!!!

I might have been a Doubting Thomas too if this was the Bounce tour and Jon promised some kind of surprise and it's true in the past what Jon thinks of as a surprise to the die hards has turned out to not be that special. But I think that overall throughout the entire course of the tour the band has really outdone themselves with their performances. I am super excited to hear what is going to be done tomorrow night. Come on people it is the final show of the tour in Jersey for God's sake.. do you honestly think they would go out without a bang? Look at how great Giants Night 2 was... do you think they don't want to top that? Maybe i am being naive but i do have this good feeling that Jon does have something up his sleeve, even if it is one song (please be These Days) we all know how one song a la Dry County can dramatically change a show from great to AMAZING.

Now i am going to go rest my pretty little head and dream some sweet dreams cause Oh my ****ing God i am going to Giants tomorrow and I can't even stand it! I just got done watching AAA and to quote David Bryan I couldn't be happier if I was twins! :D

And oh yeay what is lame about ending the final show with an acoustic version of Never Say Goodbye? I would love for the show to end that way! Well actually i would love for the show to never end but if it has to it is the perfect song ;)

SAMBORAGUY 07-29-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Damn there is a lot of negativity running through this thread!!!

I might have been a Doubting Thomas too if this was the Bounce tour and Jon promised some kind of surprise and it's true in the past what Jon thinks of as a surprise to the die hards has turned out to not be that special. But I think that overall throughout the entire course of the tour the band has really outdone themselves with their performances. I am super excited to hear what is going to be done tomorrow night. Come on people it is the final show of the tour in Jersey for God's sake.. do you honestly think they would go out without a bang? Look at how great Giants Night 2 was... do you think they don't want to top that? Maybe i am being naive but i do have this good feeling that Jon does have something up his sleeve, even if it is one song (please be These Days) we all know how one song a la Dry County can dramatically change a show from great to AMAZING.

Now i am going to go rest my pretty little head and dream some sweet dreams cause Oh my ****ing God i am going to Giants tomorrow and I can't even stand it! I just got done watching AAA and to quote David Bryan I couldn't be happier if I was twins! :D

And oh yeay what is lame about ending the final show with an acoustic version of Never Say Goodbye? I would love for the show to end that way! Well actually i would love for the show to never end but if it has to it is the perfect song ;)

AMEN! Couldn't have agreed with you more. It is the final night of the tour at Giants Stadium and its going to be a hot clear night. I do expect a few surprises I mean they peformed Dry County night 2! The band has alot to celebrate to close this tour, box set released, HAND broke their own record for most sales in a week, WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME # 1 on the country charts. I mean come on people have some faith here. I'll even be happy if Jennifer Nettles performs with them, I believe shes a great talent and would love to hear her perform with them.

I also agree to the fact that even if its 1 song that they rarely play as a surprise I will be extremely happy. To anyone going to the show go in there with an open mind and just enjoy the show :D.
Now its time for me to hit the bed and get ready for the final night!

jbjhand 07-29-2006 12:04 PM

im excited for everyone whos going tonight (especially Kev) wish i had saved enough money to go now. very very jealous , i hope everyone has a great time.