Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

IWantYou 03-21-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262479)
That was a question and Jon's answer was: "No, I'm not."

Ahh ok! I’m sorry. I thought in the second video he was talking about a new song so I understood he was. Sorry :p

pudge104 03-21-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262479)
That was a question and Jon's answer was: "No, I'm not."

He said “Now I’m not”. In the second slide he says Jesse is keeping him from finishing his new song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickysambo 03-21-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1262476)
Yes, this is music :D

Let me rephrase, then: Those are very fringe opinions.

For instance, 208 out of "TOP 250 movies of all time" on iMDB's list [biggest database/based on millions of user ratings] have a runtime over 1 hr 40 minutes!

Captain_jovi 03-21-2020 06:49 PM

But we're talking Bon Jovi albums, not Citizen Kane. It's not like the more songs the better shot it has at being good anymore.

james_d 03-21-2020 07:27 PM

I think what this discussion has shown is that what some deem filler, others are going to really like, especially with the newer stuff. Two of the songs one person deemed filler, Fast Cars and Scars on this Guitar, are two of my personal favourite songs on their respective albums.

I'm interested to see what the album turns out like, but I'm not hopeful lol

Captain_jovi 03-21-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1262488)
I think what this discussion has shown is that what some deem filler, others are going to really like, especially with the newer stuff. Two of the songs one person deemed filler, Fast Cars and Scars on this Guitar, are two of my personal favourite songs on their respective albums.

I'm interested to see what the album turns out like, but I'm not hopeful lol

That's kind of what I'm saying, yeah. Some loathe Hard Letting You Go, some treasure it. This falls into really subjective territory.

james_d 03-21-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1262489)
That's kind of what I'm saying, yeah. Some loathe Hard Letting You Go, some treasure it. This falls into really subjective territory.

Yeah, it's probably in my top 5 songs from the band. It's a hard one.

BJFan99 03-21-2020 10:14 PM

So, now Dave's got corona virus... :(

james_d 03-21-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1262491)
So, now Dave's got corona virus... :(

Where have you heard that from?

bonjovi90 03-21-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1262492)
Where have you heard that from?

He posted that on Instagram.

james_d 03-21-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262493)
He posted that on Instagram.

Oh damn, wish him a speedy recovery

bonjovi90 03-21-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1262494)
Oh damn, wish him a speedy recovery

He sounds pretty positive, that's what he wrote:
" I just got my results back today and tested positive for corona virus. I’ve been sick for a week and feeling better each day. Please don’t be afraid!!! It’s the flu not the plague. I’ve have been quarantined for a week and will for another week. And when I feel better I’ll get tested again to make sure I’m free of this nasty virus. Please help out each other by helping out each other. This will be over soon .....with the help of every American !!😎💪❤️"

james_d 03-21-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262495)
He sounds pretty positive, that's what he wrote:
" I just got my results back today and tested positive for corona virus. I’ve been sick for a week and feeling better each day. Please don’t be afraid!!! It’s the flu not the plague. I’ve have been quarantined for a week and will for another week. And when I feel better I’ll get tested again to make sure I’m free of this nasty virus. Please help out each other by helping out each other. This will be over soon .....with the help of every American !!😎💪❤️"

That's great to hear

Rdkopper 03-21-2020 10:48 PM

He's been through a bunch of shit. Didn't he have some unknown parasite a bunch of years back?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 03-21-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262497)
He's been through a bunch of shit. Didn't he have some unknown parasite a bunch of years back?

Yes. He caught it in South America at the end of the New Jersey tour. It attacked his nerve endings and ate out his stomach lining. He was in hospitale for two weeks, then bed-ridden at home for another four weeks.
And he almost lost his finger in 1999 and had to go through extensive rehab.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-21-2020 11:17 PM

JBJ writing a new song?
Well... that could be a joke or a coronavirus kind of song or What ever!

David https://www.instagram.com/p/B-AnzeMBiLm/
"I got a nasty parasite from South America. It ate out my stomach lining, my intestines, and attacked my nerve endings. It was in my bloodstream; I was poisoned. I was 145 pounds, and I was really ill in the hospital for two weeks, then bedridden at home for a month ... So my plight was a little different. The guys were all worrying about the band. I wasn't really worried about a job. I was worried about trying to stay alive."

Rdkopper 03-21-2020 11:19 PM

Jon should write a socially conscious song about the Coronavirus and then put it out in two years like he's done for the past two albums...

YOVANAfromPeru 03-22-2020 12:34 AM

So Chicagoans are gonna sing Prayer today at 7 pm (JBJ wants to join in https://www.instagram.com/p/B-A2ZJYDCoZ/)
https://m.facebook.com/events/548746249094062/

rolo_tomachi 03-22-2020 01:09 AM

I'm glad David is well. But this virus is not like the flu. It can manifest as the flu in some people, but in others it can be very infectious and dangerous.

I think we don't have to downplay it and think that the coronavirus is like a flu, because it is not. Some people, including young people, have needed respirators to survive, and their lungs are damaged for the rest of their lives.

Quarantine must be carried out. And then we will have to continue taking protective measures every day until we have the vaccine.

About Jon, it's great to see him in action from home. I think he could not only help a lot in this, but he could unite the entire fan community.

Rdkopper 03-22-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262503)
I'm glad David is well. But this virus is not like the flu. It can manifest as the flu in some people, but in others it can be very infectious and dangerous.

I think we don't have to downplay it and think that the coronavirus is like a flu, because it is not. Some people, including young people, have needed respirators to survive, and their lungs are damaged for the rest of their lives.

Quarantine must be carried out. And then we will have to continue taking protective measures every day until we have the vaccine.

About Jon, it's great to see him in action from home. I think he could not only help a lot in this, but he could unite the entire fan community.

Great Post!!! And Agree!!!

Alphavictim 03-22-2020 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262503)

A picture of him washing dishes in one of his Soul Kitchen restaurants was actually on the front page of Reddit today, and the comments were all VERY well meaning. How "this is how you show you care and show support, not by singing "Imagine" in your ****ing million dollar mansion" (which some celebs did during the lockdown). Weird how the internet at large showed such a warm reception, whereas on here everything JBJ is a calculated selfish act. Oh well.

Here's hoping David gets well soon, although him downplaying the virus to be "like the flu" is indeed pretty crappy.

rolo_tomachi 03-22-2020 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1262506)
A picture of him washing dishes in one of his Soul Kitchen restaurants was actually on the front page of Reddit today, and the comments were all VERY well meaning. How "this is how you show you care and show support, not by singing "Imagine" in your ****ing million dollar mansion" (which some celebs did during the lockdown). Weird how the internet at large showed such a warm reception, whereas on here everything JBJ is a calculated selfish act. Oh well.

Here's hoping David gets well soon, although him downplaying the virus to be "like the flu" is indeed pretty crappy.

Many people are not staying home, they do not take confinement seriously. I think artists do well to sing songs from home, I don't care if they live in a mansion. The message is still correct: stay home!

Thinny 03-22-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1262506)

it's great that Jon did that, but let's be honest - it was a PR stunt. He could have done it without having his photo taken and being posted on Social Media. With a new album just a few weeks away, it's a great way to getting press. Cynical? sure. True? absolutely. It's not a critism at all. Getting press is part of the music biz and Jon plays that game very well....

rolo_tomachi 03-22-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1262513)
it's great that Jon did that, but let's be honest - it was a PR stunt. He could have done it without having his photo taken and being posted on Social Media. With a new album just a few weeks away, it's a great way to getting press. Cynical? sure. True? absolutely. It's not a critism at all. Getting press is part of the music biz and Jon plays that game very well....

It does not matter if it is calculated if it is for a good cause. Let's remember every time there has been a tsunami, or a few years ago that video of all the celebrities struggling with ALS disease. Every time an artist or someone influential sends a video from home, they are making a call and feeding the message.

Alphavictim 03-22-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1262513)

Here's the thing: Maybe he does it without a camera sometimes - how would we know?

Thinny 03-22-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1262517)
Here's the thing: Maybe he does it without a camera sometimes - how would we know?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

Like I said, it's not a knock on Jon. you have to play the publicity game in the music biz.

Thinny 03-22-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262514)
It does not matter if it is calculated if it is for a good cause. Let's remember every time there has been a tsunami, or a few years ago that video of all the celebrities struggling with ALS disease. Every time an artist or someone influential sends a video from home, they are making a call and feeding the message.

Agree completely.

You all seem to be missing the part where I said that I wasn't having a go at Jon for it. Just calling it was it is....

groover22 03-22-2020 02:33 PM

I have it on good authority that Jon only ever does the drying up, unless there’s a camera nearby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonboy25 03-23-2020 02:22 AM

Do what you can sounds country ish....

YOVANAfromPeru 03-23-2020 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1262527)
Do what you can sounds country ish....

https://youtu.be/U7RomndOj1w
To me sounds horrible
AND again no guitar solo -_-

Adam D 03-23-2020 04:26 AM

Do What You Can is the best thing Jon's done in years and something I really needed to hear this week.

I hope it ends up being a finished song and released in some fashion.

Miles better than both Unbroken and Limitless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-23-2020 05:53 AM

Yeah, at least it's better than Unbroken...
the melody is okay, I see his voice been the problem
however, I think it's a nice gesture
and I guess we will have more fan videos to hear >_<

Supersonic 03-23-2020 07:21 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Maybe, but he really makes sure there's a camera around whenever he's got something to promote though. And as for Reddit's stance on this; I very much doubt there's anyone over there who is aware Jon's able to do all these charitable things because he ****s over the fans by charging 800 dollars for a front row ticket in America. It's easy to donate to charity and to charitable things when others are paying for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1262532)
Do What You Can is the best thing Jon's done in years and something I really needed to hear this week.

I'm happy for you at least someone gets something out of this but how is this the best thing he's done in years? It's as if he's tried to make the headlines of a bunch of newspaper articles rhyme and then adds a bunch of rehashed lyrics and stuff he uses in pretty much every sentence. Bend don't break, gotta make it through, do what you do, a prayer... Just add a verse of him singing we'll get through the night, it'll be alright, just keep on living your life and we'll get through the fight and you've got your typical Bon Jovi lyric there. It's as if Jon deliberately tries to sink to deeper lows with every subsequent new thing he posts.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

steel_horse75 03-23-2020 08:32 AM

This ladies (Maureen Freney Wilkins)seems to the favourite. Over 460 likes. I think shes done really well. Hopefully jon sees it.

So I hug my baby girls and try not to show my fear.
They miss their friends and teachers that they hold so dear.

The days all run together and the nights seem oh so long.
We try to focus on the good things and not what’s going wrong.

I prayer for the nurses, doctors and all on the front line
And look to the future when life is back to being fine.

We are being called on to slow down this human race.
For now we have to put others safety in first place.
#dowhatyoucan

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

nickolai 03-23-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1262534)
Aloha !

Maybe, but he really makes sure there's a camera around whenever he's got something to promote though. And as for Reddit's stance on this; I very much doubt there's anyone over there who is aware Jon's able to do all these charitable things because he ****s over the fans by charging 800 dollars for a front row ticket in America. It's easy to donate to charity and to charitable things when others are paying for it.

I'm happy for you at least someone gets something out of this but how is this the best thing he's done in years? It's as if he's tried to make the headlines of a bunch of newspaper articles rhyme and then adds a bunch of rehashed lyrics and stuff he uses in pretty much every sentence. Bend don't break, gotta make it through, do what you do, a prayer... Just add a verse of him singing we'll get through the night, it'll be alright, just keep on living your life and we'll get through the fight and you've got your typical Bon Jovi lyric there. It's as if Jon deliberately tries to sink to deeper lows with every subsequent new thing he posts.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ah shut up ya tit. No need for over analysing. If this helps people get through these bad times why dissect, judge and critique words that help people

nickolai 03-23-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Or maybe he’s using his profile to help people get over anxieties in these hard times

GabrielC 03-23-2020 08:51 AM

It's not the best song ever, but it sounds sincere. I think that's enough. At least he is doing something.

thesedays2014 03-23-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1262538)
Do What You Can - YouTube

It's not the best song ever, but it sounds sincere. I think that's enough. At least he is doing something.

Yep...he’s doing what he can lol

His low vocals are nice to listen to, the ‘high’ ones are awful and the lyrics...God help us.

Please bring band Stand Up Guy Jon: nice acoustic licks and chords and half decent lyrics.

Supersonic 03-23-2020 09:19 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262535)
This ladies (Maureen Freney Wilkins)seems to the favourite. Over 460 likes. I think shes done really well. Hopefully jon sees it.

So I hug my baby girls and try not to show my fear.
They miss their friends and teachers that they hold so dear.

The days all run together and the nights seem oh so long.
We try to focus on the good things and not what’s going wrong.

I prayer for the nurses, doctors and all on the front line
And look to the future when life is back to being fine.

We are being called on to slow down this human race.
For now we have to put others safety in first place.
#dowhatyoucan

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

This is by no means an attempt to slam the person who wrote that stuff posted above but mostly an example of your typical doggerel. Line - fine, race - place, long - wrong. When looking at what people have posted on Facebook and youTube it's no wonder they think Jon Bon Jovi is an insanely talented songwriter. The very idea that people consider lyrics like these "well done" is why Jon Bon Jovi gets away with the lyrics he's written the last 15 years.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

steel_horse75 03-23-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1262540)
Aloha !

This is by no means an attempt to slam the person who wrote that stuff posted above but mostly an example of your typical doggerel. Line - fine, race - place, long - wrong. When looking at what people have posted on Facebook and youTube it's no wonder they think Jon Bon Jovi is an insanely talented songwriter. The very idea that people consider lyrics like these "well done" is why Jon Bon Jovi gets away with the lyrics he's written the last 15 years.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yes but its wrote by an member of the public who thought them up in 5 mins which is why it isn't too bad for a non songwriter.
But somehow she has probably wrote better lyrics than the last few Jovi albums :-D