Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

JackieBlue 07-21-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226312)
... Might just be me.

No, it's not. :)

I agree on both points. I don't mind staged choreography. Motown did that more often (and better) than anybody. The Supremes, the Temptations, and the Jackson 5 were just too cool for school and everything they did was choreographed.

IMO, while Bad Medicine fit right in with the times and the fun feel of the song, Working Man feels forced and robotic. To me, it comes across as a not-so-subtle protest against the replacement of human workers with robots and machines. Either way, it just didn't work for me.

bonjovi90 07-21-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1226326)

IMO, while Bad Medicine fit right in with the times and the fun feel of the song, Working Man feels forced and robotic. To me, it comes across as a not-so-subtle protest against the replacement of human workers with robots and machines. Either way, it just didn't work for me.

Agreed, that's exactly how I see it as well.

Captain_jovi 07-21-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1226326)
No, it's not. :)

I agree on both points. I don't mind staged choreography. Motown did that more often (and better) than anybody. The Supremes, the Temptations, and the Jackson 5 were just too cool for school and everything they did was choreographed.

Said PERFECTLY. I get what it was there to represent but I can see the big difference between the two pieces of choreography.

Rdkopper 07-21-2017 05:32 PM

I'll be the 3rd on that one... Working Man is cringe worthy

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

GabrielC 07-22-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1226307)
Wasn't This Is Love This Is Life written during the TC period? That's, for me, the embodiment of what you just said - a song like the 80s, but not sounding (quite) like the 80s. Maybe Richie wanted more of that, and Jon didn't, and that's why he threw it on the Greatest Hits ('cause we all know how much Jon thinks of compilation albums ;-)). Just sayin'...

This is definitely not the case, as Jon really liked This Ain't Love and wanted to keep it for the GH because of how great it was.

Captmorgs 07-22-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1226364)
This is definitely not the case, as Jon really liked This Ain't Love and wanted to keep it for the GH because of how great it was.

That's my recollection as well, and also that the original title was This Ain't Love, This Is Life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLEYoungGun21 07-23-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1226365)
That's my recollection as well, and also that the original title was This Ain't Love, This Is Life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct on the title.. shame they never really played it live (except one time in Pittsburgh I think). I guess it's one of those songs that's hard to recreate live.. they tuned it down a lot too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DryCounty 07-23-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEYoungGun21 (Post 1226371)
Correct on the title.. shame they never really played it live (except one time in Pittsburgh I think). I guess it's one of those songs that's hard to recreate live.. they tuned it down a lot too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was only downtuned half a step live like most Bon Jovi songs live. I agree that it was a dull live performance of the song though.

bonjovi90 07-28-2017 02:59 PM

Wanted Dead Or Alive Pro Shot from the unreleased 2nd night at Wembley Stadium 1995!

Rdkopper 07-28-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226488)
Wanted Dead Or Alive Pro Shot from the unreleased 2nd night at Wembley Stadium 1995!

Sounds pretty good... can you do Faith and Love Song too (Hey God has been enhanced already)?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk