Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crush (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=39103)

BJFan99 07-23-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265850)
I kind of see where he's coming from. For a good decade the front row at European concerts consisted of morons throwing confetti and requesting Captain Crash. Not because they liked the song but because it made Jon respond to them.

*cough* Backstagers *cough*

steel_horse75 07-23-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265835)
"from Its My Life to a fan favourite Captain Crash" says the text that Jon wrote on instagram.

Captain Crash? A fan favourite?

WTF,holy shit,for gods sake,hell,.....,,.,,.,,.aaggg

Its my 2nd favourite song after WSYCGH......to go for a piss during the gig.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

faith1985 07-23-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1265803)
She's a Mystery is one of the worst songs from the Bon Jovi catalogue. So weird that Jon likes it, considering he never even played it live.

I think the lyrics are beautiful...

Faceman 07-23-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265850)
I kind of see where he's coming from. For a good decade the front row at European concerts consisted of morons throwing confetti and requesting Captain Crash. Not because they liked the song but because it made Jon respond to them.

That's true.
But the other truth is that it made a whole stadium wave their arms - if the people liked the song or not. So Jon's point of view is understandable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265850)
Most of it didn't go over well in concert either, the new songs constant switched positions and it never really worked. Say It Isn't So, Next 100 Years, Two Story Town and Thank You For Loving Me all went over like a lead balloon and caused a real low point in the set when playing back to back.

But that's always been the problem with new album tracks.
Even in the 90s the audience got silent when too much new tracks got played right in a row. It was just that the rest of the set and the band's performance made up for it way better than in the 2000s.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-23-2020 05:04 PM

Next 100 Years, Mystery Train and One Wild Night were ignored way too much in the aftermath though. I give the band credit for changing the set each night but they have ignored half of their catalogue for about twenty years.

Xavi 07-23-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265853)
Its my 2nd favourite song after WSYCGH......to go for a piss during the gig.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ive only gone for a piss twice at a Jovi show.
First was in NJ 2010 during Who Says
Second was in Milan 2013 during Amen.

Supersonic 07-23-2020 07:54 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1265859)
But that's always been the problem with new album tracks.
Even in the 90s the audience got silent when too much new tracks got played right in a row. It was just that the rest of the set and the band's performance made up for it way better than in the 2000s.

I disagree with this. There's a difference between a quiet audience or an audience that gets restless. Anytime the new stuff got played crowds grew restless. Two songs of Crush back to back sucked the life out of a show.

When Bon Jovi toured Keep The Faith every song played off the album worked when played live. There was no need to keep shuffling the songs around. The band were able to tour These Days in 1996 and play album cuts without any problem. They tried the same with Crush on the One Wild Night Tour and songs from Crush were always limited to just 5. Mystery Train, Two Story Town, Next 100 Years and Thank You For Loving Me showed up occasionaly and always went over like a lead balloon.

No such thing happened with any Bon Jovi album before and it's because the songs just aren't good enough. No one's requested any of those songs after the album cycle ended either just like no one's asking for Joey, Welcome To Wherever You Are or most of the The Circle either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

steel_horse75 07-23-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265866)
Ive only gone for a piss twice at a Jovi show.

First was in NJ 2010 during Who Says

Second was in Milan 2013 during Amen.

I went for a piss and a browse at the tshirts at wembley last year during the lost highway combo

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.