Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   3 Doors Down (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45024)

eheaps 05-12-2008 07:00 AM

3 Doors Down

Any fans of these guys? One of few modern rockers that I really really love. Got my hands on a copy of their new album (it leaked, it's ok I pre-ordered it already, just couldn't wait to hear it). Anyway, it's REALLY good. They have two songs on there, ironically, with names of BJ songs. These Days and Runaway are both awesome songs, as is almost every song on the album. You might've heard It's Not My Time and/or Citizen/Soldier which are both quality songs as well. Definitely recommend checking it out, comes out in a week or so.

Javier 05-12-2008 07:04 AM

Yep, great, seen them live twice.

Haven't heard the new one but will, I'm in love with "It's not my time" right now.

doubidoo 05-13-2008 01:57 PM

i don't normally listen to that kind of rock they do, but i agree that 3 Doors Down are very good.
And yeah i ****ing love the forthcoming record.
It's Not My Time, Let Me Be Myself, Your Arms Feel Like Home, It's The Only One You've Got are really great.
Actually each song is great!!!

might be the best record of the year, unless Hardline release their "Just Add Water" record which i really doubt...

Captain Walrus 05-13-2008 04:39 PM

I might check out this new album, seeing as I'll probably be seeing them at the Rock Im Park festival. The only album I've got of there's is The Better Life, which is a decent album, and then I've also got When I'm Gone and Here Without You from the album after that, but then I kinda lost track of them

Dave 1986 05-14-2008 01:42 AM

I like what I've heard. The first song I heard was Be Like That (from American Pie 2) which I love and reminds me of the film and just my life at the time, and I also like Here Without You. Never been pushed to buy an album of theirs though.

eheaps 05-14-2008 04:34 AM

The thing I love about this band is they have an equal number of amazing slow songs that they do heavier songs, and both types are always good. Songs like Be Like That, Here Without You and Landing in London have defined the band almost equally as songs like Kryptonite, When I'm Gone and now It's Not My Time.

And yes, every song on the new record is amazing (haven't been able to get into "She Don't Want the World," though.)

SamboraQueen21 05-14-2008 05:26 AM

Oh yeay. I am seeing them live this summer with Hinder and Staind. Can't wait. I actually don't own any of their albums but the names of the songs all sound good so since i am seeing them live i will definitely need to check it out.

Ang1e 05-14-2008 07:40 PM

What a great band and an awesome new album! Hope to see them if they come to NYC.

doubidoo 06-03-2008 11:00 AM

damn!!! anyone heard the bonus tracks?
they're really hardcore!!!!

feet in the water

who are you

they shoulda been officially on the record.