Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Official Videos (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70052)

jon-flp 07-10-2017 05:45 PM

Unreleased Official Videos

Hey all,

In the vein of the very great topic started by Rdkopper about the unreleased songs, I have a question: As there are unreleased songs of all eras, maybe we have the same with videos? I mean, official videos recorded. For example:

**On the HAND era, two versions of Welcome to Wherever You Are video were recorded. In that time, the Bon Jovi site was in that cool jacket layout (miss this) and I used to enter almost everyday on it. I clearly remember (with 99,99% certainty) a news on the BJ site saying that the video was already done and was about to be released in a specific date. After a few days, another news was saying that the band decided to fully re-recorded the video, hiring for this Wayne Isham, and they were selecting people to record the new video. Someone remember this too?

**On the Crush era, we had the official video from It's My Life released. After a few years, a version of the official video with the only the band on it appeared on YouTube!

So, that's what I was think, and thought that it would be cool if we can discuss and share info and thoughts about it. Sorry if this was already discussed in another topic, feel free to delete it moderators, if it's the case. ;)

bonjovi90 07-10-2017 06:06 PM

There are band-only videos for Only Lonely, Bed of Roses, Lie To Me and It's My Life (as you stated). Maybe a couple more, but I don't have my lists at hand right now.
Plus there is a full-colour version of Livin' On A Prayer.

Furthermore, there are two edits of Hey God with different lenghts, but both are on the band's YT channel.

Captain_jovi 07-10-2017 06:09 PM

Correct on the HAND one, there is a little bit of footage of them recording the video on one of the BJTV's from the HAND tour. I know some woman won a contest to be an extra and posted her take on it and some pics but it's been so long since I've seen that.

Was the secondary IML video ever a thing? It's this one, right?

It looks like a lot of b-roll but almost feels fan made at times and professional in others. Anyone know where it came from?

jon-flp 07-10-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226067)

Never seen this! :puppydog:

Nige 07-10-2017 06:31 PM

Wasnt Hey God originally going to be the lead single from These Days and had a video shot for it? I think it was filmed at the same session as the TAALS one in Thailand so probably would have looked similar.

jon-flp 07-10-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226069)
Correct on the HAND one, there is a little bit of footage of them recording the video on one of the BJTV's from the HAND tour. I know some woman won a contest to be an extra and posted her take on it and some pics but it's been so long since I've seen that.

Great memory Captain! I've always been so curious about this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226069)
Was the secondary IML video ever a thing? It's this one, right?

It looks like a lot of b-roll but almost feels fan made at times and professional in others. Anyone know where it came from?

I just don't think it's a fan made because it has different angles from the scenes used in the released video, and the camera is used in the same way as the original one. I think this is the official record of the band scenes that then they decided which ones should be used in the released video.

bonjovi90 07-10-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1226070)

http://www.universal-music.de/bon-jo...in-on-a-prayer

Dave 1986 07-10-2017 09:06 PM

Tempted to pick that Japanese bootleg up. Is the sound quality an improvement over the old mp3s? I remember my copy of "Bells of Freedom" sounding decent enough (save for that segment clipped out) and "Complicated" sounded ok as well but "I Want to be Loved" and "Nothing" sound quality wasn't so good.

Thinny 07-10-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

There are band-only videos for Only Lonely, Bed of Roses, Lie To Me and It's My Life (as you stated). Maybe a couple more, but I don't have my lists at hand right now.

There's a Band Only version of This Ain't A Love Song too.

BonJovi100 07-11-2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1226063)
**On the HAND era, two versions of Welcome to Wherever You Are video were recorded. In that time, the Bon Jovi site was in that cool jacket layout (miss this) and I used to enter almost everyday on it. I clearly remember (with 99,99% certainty) a news on the BJ site saying that the video was already done and was about to be released in a specific date. After a few days, another news was saying that the band decided to fully re-recorded the video, hiring for this Wayne Isham, and they were selecting people to record the new video. Someone remember this too?
;)

Yes. This video was made by Marc Klasfeld but we don't know if he finished it. There were photos on crushmagazine.es from this video. I remember Jon and bar (something like Somedy I'll Be..). I remember at that time fans weren't happy tha Marc make this video. I have somwhere those photos.

Also Richie didin't finished video for I'll Always Walk Beside You. He even showed scene from it.

We Weren't Born To Follow also have different scenery. They didn't used it on official video. Maybe they have another version.
You can watch this there: