Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I've found love for 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55396)

Tiggerbeast 04-13-2013 04:33 PM

I've found love for 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit

I bought 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit and listen to it back in 1993. I hated it. I'd listen to it only a couple of times after and didn't change my opinion. I discovered other Bon Jovi fans felt the same way.

However.

I listen to it last week and for some reason I love it. Once you get past the first two tracks, 'In And Out Of Love' and 'The Price Of Love' its actuallya lot of fun to listen to.

I didn't know until recently that Bon Jovi's first UK Top 40 wasn't 'You Give Love A Bad Name', but 'Only Lonely' more than a year before (it peaked at #24 in the UK).

The remaining singles 'In And Out Of Love', 'Price of Love' and 'Hardest Part Is The night' feel like filler, but there's some really great songs that I think could have done reasonably well as sings. 'I Don't Wanna Fall To The Fire', 'King of The Mountain' are really got fist pounding songs.

Supersonic 04-13-2013 04:45 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast (Post 1122130)
I didn't know until recently that Bon Jovi's first UK Top 40 wasn't 'You Give Love A Bad Name', but 'Only Lonely' more than a year before (it peaked at #24 in the UK).

No it didn't. Only Lonely was never released in the U.K. The Hardest Part Is The Night was the only single before You Give Love A Bad Name to ever chart anywhere in Europe.

The Fahrenheit record is a pretty good album that's being held back by the production. I find it odd how people like The Circle and then slam Fahrenheit, while the first has terrible production and the latter has all the hooks The Circle wants to have but never gets.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

ezearis 04-13-2013 05:10 PM

I used to only like Only Lonely and Silent Night but then I heard it all and falled in love with the record. I like most of the songs on it! The top 3 IMO are the 2 songs I mentioned before and The Hardest Part Is The Night.

Rdkopper 04-13-2013 05:17 PM

Awesome album. The first two albums were the build up to Slippery and define what Bon Jovi was.

Alphavictim 04-13-2013 06:51 PM

Good album. I pretty much completely disagree with OP's take on the song highlights, though.

Kathleen 04-13-2013 07:21 PM

It's an album that I have always loved. It's darker (or sadder) depending on your viewpoint than recent Jovi but sometimes that is exactly what you want to hear.

The remastered Japanese version (from the late 90s) is a better listen sonically even though it has been subjected to the loudness wars.

Crushgen24/88 04-13-2013 07:47 PM

Album that has never dine anything for me. Outside of Tokyo Road it's a major dud IMO. A lot of it sounds like parody hair metal music.

crashed 04-13-2013 07:56 PM

Other than the production it shows them really learning to write a song. Silent Night and The Hardest Part Is The Night are great songs. It's not a terrible album at all, I only rate it very low because it sounds so dated.

bonjovi90 04-13-2013 08:00 PM

It really sounds dated, but there are some awesome hooks on it and the songwriting is darker than on later releases (TD excluded for that matter).
Loving the keyboards on Secret Dreams!

Bleeding Purist 04-13-2013 08:04 PM

I loved this album with really only King of the Mountain, Secret Dreams and Into the Fire not doing anything for me. It's a snapshot of a time and chapter in my life in the mid-80's. I think the video for In & Out of Love is one of their best to this day... capturing them on the Jersey shore just having fun.