Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #15 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee, April 30th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70917)

rolo_tomachi 05-01-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279721)
https://youtu.be/nHdABeoTjqU

Fantastic video

And real performance

Probably the best performance of Living On A Prayer since 9 years.

This is what I meant by... Jon embrace your flaws, live with them, and give the best performance you can give us. Don't miming, don't get stuck in the mic stand, just be a Rolling Stone.

Even though his voice still shot, I can see brilliance in this performance. Well done, Jon.

I need to see more videos of the rest of the show to verify that this was not just a punctual burst of light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1279730)
You are lowering your standards my friend since you don’t want this to be over. Let’s face it, JBJ is the Fat Elvis now.

Let's face it? Ok, Jon is in worse vocal shape than Elvis, but Elvis died at 42. Jon is 60, so that comparative analogy is invalid. Give the grandpa a break.
:mrgreen:
Don't look for perfection, just put a little bit of soul and heart into his performances.

The end of the road will be soon. Let Jon decide how he wants to end it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptCrash (Post 1279727)
No, this is not the end. See you on the road in Europe 2023 again!

Wait, did Jon say that? a very brave guy.

Kova 05-01-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1279730)
You are lowering your standards my friend since you don’t want this to be over. Let’s face it, JBJ is the Fat Elvis now.

I'm really not. Just saying that based on this tour alone, this is the best he sounded out of 15 shows.
Doesn't mean that his voice is good all of the sudden.

Do I want it to be over? No, I don't, I want to see them in Europe at least once more. Hopefully next spring/summer for stadium shows. They can still sell out stadiums in Europe. And I don't care how he sounds by then. I want to have a proper farewell with them.
We'll carry him every song as far as I'm concerned. The way for saying thanks to him and the band for staying committed and loyal to us, the fans for 40 years and for giving us the music we all grew up with and the music that shaped us in a way.

Captmorgs 05-01-2022 01:16 PM

Jon thanking the crowd for their support before I’ll Be There For You: “It’s been two and half years since we’ve been able to tour . . . we wanted to do some dates this year to see if, well, if we still could . . . you keep putting Humpty Dumpty back together again . . . it’s my honor to give you everything I got.”

And after some ad libs at the end and singing the final “I’ll be there for you”, turns around as he’s walking off the stage with the band still playing and says “Remember that.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaptCrash 05-01-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1279734)
I'm really not. Just saying that based on this tour alone, this is the best he sounded out of 15 shows.
Doesn't mean that his voice is good all of the sudden.

Do I want it to be over? No, I don't, I want to see them in Europe at least once more. Hopefully next spring/summer for stadium shows. They can still sell out stadiums in Europe. And I don't care how he sounds by then. I want to have a proper farewell with them.
We'll carry him every song as far as I'm concerned. The way for saying thanks to him and the band for staying committed and loyal to us, the fans for 40 years and for giving us the music we all grew up with and the music that shaped us in a way.

Well, this is spot on, Thanks!

blazeofglory 05-01-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1279734)

Very much relate to that! I want a last show where I actually know that it's gonna be the last one, so I can take it all in accordingly and have a proper farewell. Doesn't really matter to me how Jon sounds by then, because a farewell show is about way more than a good vocal performance and I'd probably be singing way louder than him anyways.

Litneg 05-01-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1279726)
How many different songs did they play the whole tour? 25?

Something around 35 actually, I don't remember the exact number.

Rdkopper 05-01-2022 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279721)
https://youtu.be/nHdABeoTjqU

Fantastic video

And real performance

That was definitely a needed redeeming moment after the lip sync disaster and I think Jon 1000% pulled it off...

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 05-01-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1279732)

Even though his voice still shot, I can see brilliance in this performance. Well done, Jon.

Don't look for perfection, just put a little bit of soul and heart into his performances.

The end of the road will be soon. Let Jon decide how he wants to end it.

Yes Yes and Yes

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

mabsey 05-01-2022 03:57 PM

My word, one Just OK tour and people are talking about farewells and its over. The guy is having vocal issues, it happens in singing. Was Freddie Mercury Great all the time, no, Was Meatloaf Great all the time, No, does it mean I just gave up on them and wrote them off, No, as a singer, yeah you can have issues and I take the rough with the smooth that's part of being a fan.

His had Covid, his had a Hernia Op, his got Hay Fever, who knows if any of them are playing up and his voice / lungs are in a bad way.

As a singer myself, to watch him clearly he only has enough breath to just make the phrase. His leaking a lot of air, very breathy, which indicates poor chord closure, or his breathing into his upper chest and there is hardly any support. I don't like the way his shoulders are going up and down, either Tension or Chest Breathing, which would produce the voice we are hearing here.

There will be a time for him to reflect now, figure out what's wrong and put things in place to hopefully fix it.

Mabs

Captain_jovi 05-01-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabsey (Post 1279741)
My word, one Just OK tour and people are talking about farewells and its over. The guy is having vocal issues, it happens in singing. Was Freddie Mercury Great all the time, no, Was Meatloaf Great all the time, No, does it mean I just gave up on them and wrote them off, No, as a singer, yeah you can have issues and I take the rough with the smooth that's part of being a fan.

His had Covid, his had a Hernia Op, his got Hay Fever, who knows if any of them are playing up and his voice / lungs are in a bad way.

As a singer myself, to watch him clearly he only has enough breath to just make the phrase. His leaking a lot of air, very breathy, which indicates poor chord closure, or his breathing into his upper chest and there is hardly any support. I don't like the way his shoulders are going up and down, either Tension or Chest Breathing, which would produce the voice we are hearing here.

There will be a time for him to reflect now, figure out what's wrong and put things in place to hopefully fix it.

Mabs

The intent of what you're saying is great and I agree with a bit but it's also fine to admit he was in no shape to do this tour. We want the guy because we're all emotionally invested. His voice has been declining since 2013, popularity has gone down, ticket sales remain high and it's the same set of song since probably the Lost Highway tour. It ain't us being fair weather fans, we just know he can do and be better.